The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

I read about about snow flows around your area yesterday. Good thing it didn't reach Southeastern Wisconsin because right now the Botanical Gardens in Hales Corners has China Lights from September 21st to October 21st. All the displays are outside along and all the food and drink vendors are outside also. I know China Lights run in snow according to website, but trying to drive in it would be an issue going there.

Here is a gallery of some of the china lights from last year: http://www.chinalights.org/gallery/
Wow, that is amazing!

MySmallWorldof4

Day two of wrapping up potted plants to extend the life of flowers. Early October is too early to loose all things pretty. Our leaves have been falling for 2 weeks already. Last year it was late November. Winter is long enough so I'm trying to fool myself this fall. Disney Palms can't come soon enough.
We brought in our dwarf citrus last night. The lemon has a couple of lemons growing. I hope the change from outside to inside doesn’t screw it up.

MySmallWorldof4

If you had told me when I was 20 that I would someday live in a foreign country, I'd have told you that you were NUTS. Now I am SOOOOOO glad I don't live in the US at the moment. It seems so chaotic right now and so divided and just...full of negativity. I'll stick with Disney for my "home" fix for now.
I no longer listen to the news. I am quite content.

MySmallWorldof4

Traffic just to get to the gate of the soccer park- 35 minutes. From turn to guardhouse.

We’ve been at the field here 15 minutes.. supposed to be here at 7:30 for warmup...4 of our team is still stuck in traffic- game starts at 8!😬

Oh, and it’s 41 Degrees. 😶

(I’m still in my car while they’re warming up)
Hope game one went well and you warmed up a bit. I am sitting in a school parking lot waiting for dd to be done with her test, which should be soon. 46 right now. :coldfeet:

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
If you had told me when I was 20 that I would someday live in a foreign country, I'd have told you that you were NUTS. Now I am SOOOOOO glad I don't live in the US at the moment. It seems so chaotic right now and so divided and just...full of negativity. I'll stick with Disney for my "home" fix for now.
I’m not sure if it is really as bad as the news portrays it, or if they are really seeking out the division and chaos to get viewers. My experiences up in Green Bay and here in Indy are quite the contrary. I see people from all walks of life, being civil to one another, and interacting socially. Maybe I’m just lucky, but at the end of the day, we’re all just people trying to live our lives with some degree of happiness....

21stamps

Hope game one went well and you warmed up a bit. I am sitting in a school parking lot waiting for dd to be done with her test, which should be soon. 46 right now. :coldfeet:

Waiting for game 2 to start now. It’s now up to 42 degrees.

T isn’t allowed to wear his gloves (per referees) because they don’t have rubber on the bottoms... and his goalkeeper gloves would be ridiculous while playing a different position. SO, he spent the first game with his sleeves pulled over his hands, completely ignoring his coach’s and my many demands for him to take his hands out!!
He scored a beautiful goal, but.. those stupid sleeves the rest of the time. 😡😡

I told him that if he does it in this game then he won’t be allowed to wear an undershirt tomorrow. 😂. Hopefully the threat works. We’re playing an elite team who was allowed in this division because of their regular season record (3-6). I don’t like when teams do that in a tournament-play down-, but oh well. We’ll see how it goes.

Figgy1

Premium Member
My mom alwaysnplayed classical or Broadway show music when I was growing up, so I was pretty clueless about any other type of music until 9th grade. My first tapes were Bryan Adams Reckless, Michael Jackson Beat it, and Sting’s Dream of the Blue Turtles. Those were bought for me by my parents for Christmas along with a walkman. My mom’s friend picked out the tapes because my mom didn’t know what to get. My collection only grew after that and Tower Records became my favorite store. (May it rest in peace in store heaven).
Our first VCR came from Crazy Eddie

donaldtoo

I’m not sure if it is really as bad as the news portrays it, or if they are really seeking out the division and chaos to get viewers. My experiences up in Green Bay and here in Indy are quite the contrary. I see people from all walks of life, being civil to one another, and interacting socially. Maybe I’m just lucky, but at the end of the day, we’re all just people trying to live our lives with some degree of happiness....

Yea, I see it all as just a bunch of “The sky is falling!!!!! 🤪” carp. Nobody around here is out in the streets beating each other up...life goes on and there is business to be taken care of.
Like my pop (he’ll be 86 on Jan. 1st) related to me years ago, he remembers his parents conversations with his grandparents talkin’ about how the world was goin’ to hell in a flamin’ hand basket way back when...it’s all relative.
When people ask me “How’s it goin’?” My standard reply is “It goes. No matter what I do it just keeps goin’...! ;):)
Everything doesn’t always go the way I want it to either, but, I just get over it and move forward...!!! :)

ETA...
And, if anyone thinks I’m taking political sides, I’m not...I chose to not even vote in the last Presidential cycle...

donaldtoo

A is catching up to you! She has all the princess ones (3 of Ariel, lol), most of the prince ones, and like five or so regular barbies. Plus a million chelseas because she likes taking those to the pool, LOL

I remember stocking all those Disney dolls (both back stage processing shipment and then on stage) back when I was a Disney Store CM...those things would fly off the shelves...!!! :)
We used to also carry a princess ten pack (back when there were only ten princesses ;)) during the holidays that was, IIRC, a little over $100...memories...!!! ;) :)

Goofyernmost

It's a very small portion of the population the subscribes to that behavior, but, those that are the most vocal are the loudest right now and it is the image of this country that is being projected to the world. It embarrasses me, because I know we aren't all that way, but, right now that particular faction is making changes that cannot be stopped at the moment. It will come back, I hope, but, there will be a lot of damage to be repaired worldwide.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom