The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
We didn't have gym uniforms. We just had to wear tee shirts and shorts or sweats. I think senior year I had gym and then my last period was lunch, so I ended up going home early since lunch has no attendance.:D
I always scheduled "study hall" and lunch last so I could get out early a couple of days a week and get to work a couple of extra hours:inlove: I also took an early class before homeroom which was the first mandatory time to be in school.:inlove:

MySmallWorldof4

I had some time earlier and the site was down:cautious: I was going to try and read a couple of TRs while I was waiting for the pressure cooker to cook:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
The math program I signed all my kids up this year for is all online. It worked fine for the older 2, but by the time the younger 2 had their turn, the site had hiccups. Anyway I signed my youngest up for math 3 since she finished 2nd grade math last year. We did the first lesson and she said it was too easy so I had her take a placement test. I did the same for my 5th grader. They both ended up testing for the next grade level. Hooray for them leveling up. :)

CoreNovawarAMM

We went to AK after spending most of the day at the pool. It was stormy for quite some time and cleared the park out. Evidence? Navi River Journey was no wait.

There was some very interesting lightning in the sky. After it streaked across the sky, someone said (note, very seriously) "Wow. Glad we're under the dome." :cautious::banghead: Stupid people.

We were out at DHS in the morning and afternoon yesterday...felt like 105. So glad I had this along...image.jpg

SteveBrickNJ

DisneyWorld question:
Weeks or even months ago I booked all my Nov. DW dining reservations on the first day of eligibility. I booked online at My Disney Experience. I reserved something at AK and Epcot I liked but "Be Our Guest" was not available.......seemingly already booked. Now that our Disney vacation is getting closer(early Nov.) my wife is starting to think about it. She texted me: "Can we eat at Beauty and the Beast Castle for lunch or dinner?" I texted back that "I know my wife....I know that is what you hope for....and on the first day I was eligible to book I tried "Be Our Guest" first but it was all booked up." She texted back w/ an emoji :cry:
#1 Can people still book the old fashion way?.....with the representative on the phone?
#2 If yes....Would there be any point for me to call every once in awhile in case there are CANCELATIONS?o_O Any chance I could still swap my Tony's Town Square reservation and slide into a lunch or dinner spot at Be Our Guest????

Last edited:

21stamps

We went on a 350 mile road trip yesterday. All new places for both of us!

Crazy how it’s like a different world in Southeast Ohio.. yet only a few hours away. We went to Portsmouth and then a scenic, very long, way back to explore some river towns.

I have so many photos.. so I’ll try to pick my faves.. I’m a city/beach girl.. this stuff was fascinating to me.. there was areas where I didn’t have any phone service, drove an hour without seeing a gas station.. never saw any retail stores besides a Dollar General or Family Dollar.. no fast food or chain restaurants thru most of it.

Favorite part- all of the veggie stands.. on an honor system!! I’ve never heard of anything like that before.1D42033F-C07E-40F0-9412-9925A79F5853.jpegECB91F0B-C35A-43D6-81B5-4B7F8EED3539.jpegB0F47416-3226-4DC1-907B-F3BCD114CD41.jpeg1102839E-76DE-4A60-87FD-9632E6CEFAF4.jpegF9C7529A-571E-4F76-BEE5-49D89C46D3BE.jpegDDD1A7F7-6B36-49D3-BF0A-7B73ADE057D6.jpegC83ED25B-6E52-4B92-A68C-B3DF0E860320.jpeg27E17A85-044D-47DB-B98C-2186F81048A8.jpeg288DE625-4C4A-4AE8-AE22-910BF06C1064.jpeg

CoreNovawarAMM

DisneyWorld question:
Weeks or even months ago I booked all my Nov. DW dining reservations on the first day of eligibility. I booked online at My Disney Experience. I reserved something at AK and Epcot I liked but "Be Our Guest" was not available.......seemingly already booked. Now that our Disney vacation is getting closer(early Nov.) my wife is starting to think about it. She texted me: "Can we eat at Beauty and the Beast Castle for lunch or dinner?" I texted back that "I know my wife....I know that is what you hope for....and on the first day I was eligible to book I tried "Be Our Guest" first but it was all booked up." She texted back w/ an emoji :cry:
#1 Can people still book the old fashion way?.....with the representative on the phone?
#2 If yes....Would there be any point for me to call every once in awhile in case there are CANCELATIONS?o_O Any chance I could still swap my Tony's Town Square reservation and slide into a lunch or dinner spot at Be Our Guest????
I haven’t had much experience in this area, but just from reading this, I don’t think it would hurt to call and ask someone about it. You can probably still check the My Disney Experience app occasionally and see if anything opens up. I did something like that a couple of days ago, when I wanted to reserve a lunch for my birthday. Turns out there were no openings for the restaurant I wanted, but I kept checking throughout the day. Sure enough, a suitable time opened up, and I was able to book it.

Figgy1

Premium Member
DisneyWorld question:
Call and check the app every day you never know what will show up. 45 days out, 3 and 24 hours are the best times as this is when people tend to cancel. Just a little FYI CANCEL Tony's ASAP! :hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover: I've heard the new chef is making improvements slowly but nothing concrete as of yet. I hear Skipper's is good. we like CP for celebration meals, the characters always make a fuss. Paging @Songbird76

SteveBrickNJ

I haven’t had much experience in this area, but just from reading this, I don’t think it would hurt to call and ask someone about it. You can probably still check the My Disney Experience app occasionally and see if anything opens up. I did something like that a couple of days ago, when I wanted to reserve a lunch for my birthday. Turns out there were no openings for the restaurant I wanted, but I kept checking throughout the day. Sure enough, a suitable time opened up, and I was able to book it.
I called 1-407-939-3463 and learned a lot from the Disney Dining representative. The #1 thing I learned is that the chance of cancellations will increase once we are within 60 days of our arrival. At that point some people will shift their focus to Fast Passes. If they get a Toy Story or FOP fast pass on the day they were expecting to be in MK....some will cancel their Be Our Guest reservation because now they will not be in MK on that day after all. I can book my FastPasses on Sept. 7th so that day and all future days are my greatest chance to see an opening in Be Our Guest.

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Call and check the app every day you never know what will show up. 45 days out, 3 and 24 hours are the best times as this is when people tend to cancel. Just a little FYI CANCEL Tony's ASAP! :hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover: I've heard the new chef is making improvements slowly but nothing concrete as of yet. I hear Skipper's is good. we like CP for celebration meals, the characters always make a fuss. Paging @Songbird76
We've done Crystal Palace twice and Cinderella's Castle once. I'm not gonna cancel Tony's unless I get Be Our Guest.
Thank you very much for the 45 days out, 3 and 24 hours stuff. :)
If you are willing, please read what I posted just above in response to CorenovaWar

Cesar R M

DisneyWorld question:
You should keep trying over and over and over and over, every day and specially at late night.

Thats how I got my reservation on California Grill.

I honestly would prefer to go back to California Grill than to go Be Our Guest :p
but thats imho.

As for sliding, I don't think you can do that...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom