The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I went to the farm market today with a the dog and a friend. I bought some good veggies but when dinner time rolled around I was feeling too lazy to cook so I had leftovers from last night! :joyfull: Maybe tomorrow when hubs is home and expects a good meal I'll cook them.

Also my friend and I were going to have lunch at the market but the vendor we wanted to eat at wasn't there today, but it turned out there is a pub nearby that has a pet-friendly patio so we went there and had a great lunch. Kapono even made another schnauzer friend!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My Mom told me this evening she has been getting notifications that her windows has hit the end of the line...will be gone unless updated so she deleted the messages. :facepalm: Asked her was the final date it to update Windows for her. I TOLD YOU I DELETE THE MESSAGES AFTER I READ THEM. :cautious: Its going to be an interesting week.

So to further elder care my DD and I arrive to resuscitate the ailing computer. My IT DD asks my Mom if she has saved her further messages regarding Windows. No. I knew you were coming today so I deleted the warning message before you got here this morning! :banghead:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
@MinnieM123 my fellow fan of Swan & Dolphin. Have you seen the lovely pic of the third resort there...looking awesome, the pool was being added this week.
I'm so excited.

1532207080070-png.297745

picture via bioreconstruct

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
So to further elder care my DD and I arrive to resuscitate the ailing computer. My IT DD asks my Mom if she has saved her further messages regarding Windows. No. I knew you were coming today so I deleted the warning message before you got here this morning! :banghead:
When you work an IT and nothing shocks you anymore..
giphy.gif

My mom got a new iPad today, so guess what I spent the entire evening doing....

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Summer left us today. It is a wash out and 68 degrees.:(
Same here. I could feel it coming yesterday. I woke up and my head was throbbing. I slept until noon today, got up for a bit, and went back to bed. I still have a headache, but I'm functioning.

I'm worried about Ellicott City getting hit with floods again. We're under a flash flood warning. Not that we're worried about it where we live since we're on a hill, but Ellicot City does not need to get hit again.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@MinnieM123 my fellow fan of Swan & Dolphin. Have you seen the lovely pic of the third resort there...looking awesome, the pool was being added this week.
I'm so excited.

1532207080070-png.297745

picture via bioreconstruct

EDITING THIS AFTER I HAD WRITTEN MY COMMENTS this morning --

@Gabe1 , I believe the picture you shared above is actually the new Riviera Resort construction (over at CBR), not the new hotel behind Swolfin. That's why I was confused about the larger design. (Check out the Riviera Resort thread over on N&R. You'll see the same photo above.)

My previous comments from earlier --

No, I didn't see it when I was there back in May, and the reason was that it's across the street and behind the SWAN. The views I had from the SWAN did not face over in that direction. I knew about the construction for some time prior to the visit, but your photo above is making it look a lot larger than I originally thought.

Supposedly it's a "boutique" style hotel, but (with the "wings" of the hotel), it certainly doesn't give that vibe to me, so far. Initially I had thought it would be one building, so it's a lot larger than I had presumed from earlier reports.

Also, I'm wondering about transportation options--will they have guests cross the street, walk down the sidewalks, and then loop behind the SWAN--over to the docks to the Friendship Boats? (It's longer than you'd think, by the way, from that location.) Or, will they have bus service instead to all parks (versus Swolfin with boat service to DHS & Epcot, & buses only to MK and AK)?

Lots of questions. I'm hot and cold about this project. But yah, I'm following it.

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

Same here. I could feel it coming yesterday. I woke up and my head was throbbing. I slept until noon today, got up for a bit, and went back to bed. I still have a headache, but I'm functioning.

I'm worried about Ellicott City getting hit with floods again. We're under a flash flood warning. Not that we're worried about it where we live since we're on a hill, but Ellicot City does not need to get hit again.
Our barometer had our rainfall for yesterday at 1.44 inches by 7 \pm for the day. It continued to rain for hours and is still raining now. Unfortunately the barometer reset itself so I have no idea how much rain had fallen after I stopped looking. The month total is over 4 inches now and I know we didn't have much rain in July, so my guess is we got a couple of inches since yesterday morning. Unfortunately it looks to be a rainy week. Hopefully Elicott City will be ok.

MySmallWorldof4

EDITING THIS AFTER I HAD WRITTEN MY COMMENTS this morning --

@Gabe1 , I believe the picture you shared above is actually the new Riviera Resort construction (over at CBR), not the new hotel behind Swolfin. That's why I was confused about the larger design. (Check out the Riviera Resort thread over on N&R. You'll see the same photo above.)

My previous comments from earlier --

No, I didn't see it when I was there back in May, and the reason was that it's across the street and behind the SWAN. The views I had from the SWAN did not face over in that direction. I knew about the construction for some time prior to the visit, but your photo above is making it look a lot larger than I originally thought.

Supposedly it's a "boutique" style hotel, but (with the "wings" of the hotel), it certainly doesn't give that vibe to me, so far. Initially I had thought it would be one building, so it's a lot larger than I had presumed from earlier reports.

Also, I'm wondering about transportation options--will they have guests cross the street, walk down the sidewalks, and then loop behind the SWAN--over to the docks to the Friendship Boats? (It's longer than you'd think, by the way, from that location.) Or, will they have bus service instead to all parks (versus Swolfin with boat service to DHS & Epcot, & buses only to MK and AK)?

Lots of questions. I'm hot and cold about this project. But yah, I'm following it.
I had no clue that swolfin were building a new resort in the area. I have been way out of the loop.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I had no clue that swolfin were building a new resort in the area. I have been way out of the loop.

Not really. There's a lot going on these days, and it's hard to keep up with all the developments. Also, DVC building on WDW property has been in the forefront, and private projects (such as a new hotel near Swolfin) haven't received as much attention. But once that project really gets underway, it will. For now, here is a thread. Page 28 of the thread has some updates, but no construction yet.

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...t-balloon-testing-by-fantasia-gardens.908737/

MySmallWorldof4

Not really. There's a lot going on these days, and it's hard to keep up with all the developments. Also, DVC building on WDW property has been in the forefront, and private projects (such as a new hotel near Swolfin) haven't received as much attention. But once that project really gets underway, it will. For now, here is a thread. Page 28 of the thread has some updates, but no construction yet.

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...t-balloon-testing-by-fantasia-gardens.908737/
I do remember seeing the thread about the balloon testing a while ago. Haven't followed it in a long time, so that explains it. Thanks!:)

Figgy1

Drop the cherries and the candy and I'm eating it. We were going to do the kitchen sink because its actually less for four people than buying individual desserts. But no one really likes the candy they put in it.
Ha! We stopped into the supermarket yesterday where organic cherries were on sale:joyfull: As soon as we got in the produce manager asked how many cases we wanted:cautious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom