The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

@MinnieM123 my fellow fan of Swan & Dolphin. Have you seen the lovely pic of the third resort there...looking awesome, the pool was being added this week.
I'm so excited.

1532207080070-png.297745

picture via bioreconstruct
The Swalphin is near the top of my bucket list of places to stay at but sadly it may never happen:(:(:( SOG rates are too hard to give up as is walking distance to Poly

Figgy1

Same here. I could feel it coming yesterday. I woke up and my head was throbbing. I slept until noon today, got up for a bit, and went back to bed. I still have a headache, but I'm functioning.

I'm worried about Ellicott City getting hit with floods again. We're under a flash flood warning. Not that we're worried about it where we live since we're on a hill, but Ellicot City does not need to get hit again.
Stay safe my friend

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
EDITING THIS AFTER I HAD WRITTEN MY COMMENTS this morning --

@Gabe1 , I believe the picture you shared above is actually the new Riviera Resort construction (over at CBR), not the new hotel behind Swolfin. That's why I was confused about the larger design. (Check out the Riviera Resort thread over on N&R. You'll see the same photo above.)

My previous comments from earlier --

No, I didn't see it when I was there back in May, and the reason was that it's across the street and behind the SWAN. The views I had from the SWAN did not face over in that direction. I knew about the construction for some time prior to the visit, but your photo above is making it look a lot larger than I originally thought.

Supposedly it's a "boutique" style hotel, but (with the "wings" of the hotel), it certainly doesn't give that vibe to me, so far. Initially I had thought it would be one building, so it's a lot larger than I had presumed from earlier reports.

Also, I'm wondering about transportation options--will they have guests cross the street, walk down the sidewalks, and then loop behind the SWAN--over to the docks to the Friendship Boats? (It's longer than you'd think, by the way, from that location.) Or, will they have bus service instead to all parks (versus Swolfin with boat service to DHS & Epcot, & buses only to MK and AK)?

Lots of questions. I'm hot and cold about this project. But yah, I'm following it.
Oooops!

Goofyernmost

It is 62 degrees here this morning, and I'm loving it! It is supposed to get to 80 today. After the sweltering heat and humidity of WDW the last two weeks this feels like heaven. I love summer but a high of 80 with low humidity is perfect.
If that is all you want just move to Hawaii. Do watch out for falling volcanic rock though. Tsunamis can ruin your day as well. Whether you live in the north, south, east or west I think we can all agree that is an ideal weather situation.:happy:

MySmallWorldof4

If that is all you want just move to Hawaii. Do watch out for falling volcanic rock though. Tsunamis can ruin your day as well. Whether you live in the north, south, east or west I think we can all agree that is an ideal weather situation.:happy:
My BIL lived in Hawaii for a couple of years. He hated the weather. Said he couldn’t stand that it was the same everyday. :rolleyes::oops:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Hawaii would be great, I could deal with lava and tsunamis! Husband is against it though, something about not enough Lutheran churches for him to find work. I told him he could start one, he didn't like that either....

It is 66 outside here and 75 in the house. My toes are cold.

Put on some slippers. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom