The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

If these go down in price from $34.95 for a set of 4, I think I am jumping on getting them.
file_53b59654.jpeg

21stamps

I saw there were some bad storms in the midwest yesterday. I assume that tree is in your backyard. Way too close for comfort.
Yikes!! That is SCARY!!! :jawdrop: Lightening really freaks me out.
I thought it might have been lightning, but it didn’t look charred enough to me...that’s weird.
Wow! If that happened that close to me I would have either had a heart attack or peed my pants! Maybe both!:eek:;)

It was the strangest thing I’ve ever experienced. I got hit by a piece of wood, dove on top of T right away (hurt his knee :( ).

It came down in such a bright flash and hit the tree. I thought it was going to hit us or make a branch fall on us, it’s a huge tree. It all happened in a split second but wow, I was scared!!!

I thought that lightening would create fire, but it didn’t. Just sent wood all over the yard.. the pic also shows some weird foam, it wasn’t sap. I have no idea what caused it.

Update- looked it up. Apparently lightening turns the liquid inside of a tree into gas instantly, which causes the explosion of wood and bark. I was googling to see if the tree would die, sounds like it will. :(.

Last edited:

21stamps

Here’s some pics of the debris, it was a small piece that hit me.

They’re not showing up to well in the photos, but there’s little pieces of wood everywhere, as well as several larger ones. Not at all what I expected lightening to do.

2A9F9647-34DB-4980-9637-994F75573757.jpeg49B5DB42-765F-47BC-9785-0A6B75505E03.jpeg
15871234-590C-494B-B7FD-96F13D1EA6CC.jpeg

This one is from earlier today-

B90D36E5-F59E-49E8-9670-3673344B61C6.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom