The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Did you have a 20 foot train on yours. Those things look heavy. I was never asked to wear a gown for my wedding, but, if I had one like that I would have changed into sneakers and sweats for the party. Of course, the likelihood of having the Queen at mine was pretty slim. Which begs the question, did Lizzy go to the reception or did she take the Prince home and put him back on life support?
My Father in Law was born in London... so maybe it was possible. Never thought to ask.
I'm not sure if 1526822892064.png or I didn't know Victoria made house call would be more fitting

donaldtoo

I think every time I've gone to WDW it has rained. But the rain would last anywhere from 15 minutes to a few hours (in some cases). It's hot down there and the atmosphere is unstable, so just expect some rain pretty much every day. You get used to it.

And because it's so darn hot, even if you get drenched for a while, you'll dry off fairly quickly when the sun comes out. P.S.: Forget about any hairdo when you're down there--between the muggies and occasional daily rain showers, any "style" doesn't stand a chance. But WDW is vacation playland, and I could care less how I look when I'm down there. I just want to go on the rides and eat ice cream. :D

Yea, hair be damned. Although I usually wear a cap anyway ;). And I shave the morning of the day we fly out and not for the rest of the trip. I brush my teeth, shower, put on deoderant so as not to be offensively odiferous to fellow Guests ;), put on clean clothing every morning, but, beyond a dang darn...don't give a rip about my cap, gray hair, or beard...I'm on vacation, by gum...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

MySmallWorldof4

Decided against Splitsville. At $22 a person, no way. Decided to just go to MK and make use of our passes. We all had ponchos anyway. :) Good move so far. SM had a 20 min wait. Did Dumbo, Barnstormer(littlest dd said it was boring now.). Got Mickey pretzels and churros for kids. Went to Pinocchio Village house and dh and I shared a flatbread. Now on line for the carousel. Rain has lightened up a lot.

Cesar R M

No it's not fair, but it's good for them to experience once in a while, just because sometimes these things happen, and they have to learn to deal with the disappointment. It's the less fun side of the sport. It sounds like the other team was doing pretty well, and who knows how it would have ended? They can still be proud that they did so well against teams in a higher division, and that they did their best. Good for them!!!
Regardless of disappointment or not. This rule is not correct.

Official Games are postponed when this happens. And there is a rule for playing again the missing part. (in this case, a whole half of the match)

Songbird76

Did you have a 20 foot train on yours. Those things look heavy. I was never asked to wear a gown for my wedding, but, if I had one like that I would have changed into sneakers and sweats for the party. Of course, the likelihood of having the Queen at mine was pretty slim. Which begs the question, did Lizzy go to the reception or did she take the Prince home and put him back on life support?
My Father in Law was born in London... so maybe it was possible. Never thought to ask.
Mine had a train, but not 20 foot, no. It was bustled for the reception so I could dance.

donaldtoo

Just got back from oldest nephews HS grad party. More great family time, and I had the greatest conversation with my next youngest bros inlaws. I've always liked them, but, we've just never seemed to have much time to talk at family functions. They'll be married 52 years this July and have always had a great relationship with my folks who will be married 58 years this July.
Again, just more great family time. Sooooo blessed...!!!!! :happy:

donaldtoo

Indeed. I rest my case.

Good grief! My whole career revolves around project deadlines. Either get it, or get out.
I've worked with so many people over the years that, for some reason, thought, misguidedly, deadline meant guideline...no, DEADline is in the word for a reason. If you can't comprehend that, then take the train.
And, in the 35+ years I've been in the business, I've seen sooooo many bein' told to take that train.

Yo, it ain't Rocky science...

image.jpeg

:joyfull: :hilarious: ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom