The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

I like watching TV shows from Spain on Netflix (no offense, but I haven't found one from Latin America that I haven't found to be stupid
No offense taken. Very few TV shows in spanish from Mexico are worth it. All of them follow the same idiotic pattern of "telenovelas" which is mass produced for easy consumption.

There were some very good historical ones with big budget.. but those are rare and inbetween.

Also, when you're 100% fluid between languages.. you might get some of the very funny problems many people have.. where you remember one word in one language but not in the other.. while talking the first.

Example, talking in Spanish but forgetting the spanish word for "Crown". But remembering the CROWN word instantly.

Songbird76

Not really but I've seen quite a few convertible wedding dresses the past couple of years. It's less of a trend in prom wear but that type of dress is out there for those also. You go to the main event and when you go to the after party the long skirt comes off and there's a shorter one underneath. Some people with money do wear a different dress to the reception, I've read about one bride that had 5 or 6 different dresses for different services and parties:eek:
Wow...I can't imagine having to change that many times at my wedding. It just seems excessive, but to each his own I guess. Then 2 doesn't sound so outrageous, though I have to say, once my wedding dress went on, there was no getting out of it until everything was OVER and we were home. I wouldn't have wanted to mess with it. But I suppose she had a whole squad to help her get dressed and touch up the hair and makeup and make sure she still looked perfect.

Songbird76

Back to rant for a second-

T’s game was delayed 90 minutes due to other teams being delayed prior from weather. Then he plays.. right before half time the opposing team scored a goal to put them in the lead 3-2.
Then, Half time.
2nd half- our kickoff. Kids walk out on the field...before the whistle gets blown to kick off, the game gets called due to lightening in the vicinity.

Tourney Rules- if game is called in 2nd Half, the score at that time is final.
HOWEVER, we never even had a kickoff for second half!! Apparently it counts because they took the field.

T was so upset. It’s not fair. Not even one bit fair. I feel so bad for them!!!
No it's not fair, but it's good for them to experience once in a while, just because sometimes these things happen, and they have to learn to deal with the disappointment. It's the less fun side of the sport. It sounds like the other team was doing pretty well, and who knows how it would have ended? They can still be proud that they did so well against teams in a higher division, and that they did their best. Good for them!!!

21stamps

Thats NOT how it should be!! Thats lame!

They should reschedule the second part.
Agree! I understand the rules, and his team won 11-0 in an earlier game that was called early due to rain... but it was called 11 minutes early, not without playing any of the second half.. AND it was Eleven to Nil, the other team could have scored a goal.. but there is no way they would have caught up.

Had we lost with 11 minutes to go, 3-2, it would have definitely been frustrating, but at least the team could have understood it. Rules are Rules.. if a whistle is not blown though, and a kickoff does not happen, it really shouldn’t count as the second half.

No it's not fair, but it's good for them to experience once in a while, just because sometimes these things happen, and they have to learn to deal with the disappointment. It's the less fun side of the sport. It sounds like the other team was doing pretty well, and who knows how it would have ended? They can still be proud that they did so well against teams in a higher division, and that they did their best. Good for them!!!

There’s definitely no guarantee that T’s team would have won, but I wish they could have had somewhat of a chance.. Soccer is not a 35 minute sport. Definitely a “life is not always fair” teaching moment...but it’s tough to side with the official on this.

We’re leaving for game 4 right now. I hope they use their frustration for good. ;)

Goofyernmost

Wow...I can't imagine having to change that many times at my wedding. It just seems excessive, but to each his own I guess. Then 2 doesn't sound so outrageous, though I have to say, once my wedding dress went on, there was no getting out of it until everything was OVER and we were home. I wouldn't have wanted to mess with it. But I suppose she had a whole squad to help her get dressed and touch up the hair and makeup and make sure she still looked perfect.
Did you have a 20 foot train on yours. Those things look heavy. I was never asked to wear a gown for my wedding, but, if I had one like that I would have changed into sneakers and sweats for the party. Of course, the likelihood of having the Queen at mine was pretty slim. Which begs the question, did Lizzy go to the reception or did she take the Prince home and put him back on life support?
My Father in Law was born in London... so maybe it was possible. Never thought to ask.

MySmallWorldof4

We went to Target tonight and I loved all the Mickey stuff. I got a Mickey sweatshirt but it is a tee shirt. It looks so cool. Also got some paper plates including some with the design in the attached picture. This design made me think of @MySmallWorldof4

View attachment 284773
That is so cute!! Do you know if Splitsville takes Disney Gift Cards? Seems like today will be a rain out until 8 pm. We have gift cards to burn. ;)

MySmallWorldof4

Back to rant for a second-

T’s game was delayed 90 minutes due to other teams being delayed prior from weather. Then he plays.. right before half time the opposing team scored a goal to put them in the lead 3-2.
Then, Half time.
2nd half- our kickoff. Kids walk out on the field...before the whistle gets blown to kick off, the game gets called due to lightening in the vicinity.

Tourney Rules- if game is called in 2nd Half, the score at that time is final.
HOWEVER, we never even had a kickoff for second half!! Apparently it counts because they took the field.

T was so upset. It’s not fair. Not even one bit fair. I feel so bad for them!!!
Can’t like that. Sounds very unfair.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
That is so cute!! Do you know if Splitsville takes Disney Gift Cards? Seems like today will be a rain out until 8 pm. We have gift cards to burn. ;)

I don't know if Splitsville takes gift cards. Its a tough call because some places not run by Disney do and others don't. I might say that they don't but it is worth a try or just call them. I haven't been to Splitsville, but if you go report back. I was thinking of going there with my friend when she and I go in June.

Figgy1

Premium Member
We got lucky with the weather until about 2 pm yesterday. Spent the morning til 2 in Epcot. Had so much fun. Rode TT, LWTL, ate breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. We went to do the Colortopia attraction in Future World. It was so awesome! Kids had a blast as did dh and me.
View attachment 284799View attachment 284800View attachment 284802View attachment 284803View attachment 284804View attachment 284805
I love the Jamminators and the copycat group at UNI shhhh

Figgy1

Premium Member
Glam squad makes life much easier. Another thing to put on my wish list:hilarious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
No offense taken. Very few TV shows in spanish from Mexico are worth it. All of them follow the same idiotic pattern of "telenovelas" which is mass produced for easy consumption.

There were some very good historical ones with big budget.. but those are rare and inbetween.

Also, when you're 100% fluid between languages.. you might get some of the very funny problems many people have.. where you remember one word in one language but not in the other.. while talking the first.

Example, talking in Spanish but forgetting the spanish word for "Crown". But remembering the CROWN word instantly.
Yup Telenovelas are bad. I don't speak Spanish except for a very few words most of which can't be said here:angelic: I could follow one. They make American soaps look cerebral :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom