The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I was trying to find time in our schedule for parks over the next week or so.. found out some sad news... one of our favorite park has stopped allowing cardboard!
Apparently this happened last year and I never realized it. :(.
It reminded me of our convo here yesterday.

There is/was a park that has a ton of great playground equipment, best part was the “sliding” and “surfing”, the park has turf in many areas as opposed to grass. You’d bring your own cardboard, and then leave it there for another kid in the event that they didn’t have one. T LOVED it!!

Here’s the big hill for “sliding”
View attachment 280405

And here’s a couple of the “surfing” hills-

View attachment 280409

Apparently parents were complaining about kids getting hurt. Yes, plenty of wipe outs did happen-

View attachment 280407
(Flew off and slammed head first into the next hill)
View attachment 280406View attachment 280408

Kids today aren’t allowed to do the same stuff as when we are kids. :(. Gone are the playground equipment for my youth, and now even something like cardboard gets banned.
On one hand, the “safety” aspect is great, on the other.. let them have fun, let them get bumped up and scraped.. it’s childhood!

Bring a plastic sled..... it's not cardboard ;)

Cesar R M

It was just a brief report, and I don't know how the domestic wine prices will react. The report focused more on the European wines--something about they had over-production last year, and aren't producing as much this year as a result. Haven't a clue why this affects the price?
The complete opposite Minnie.

The news says that farms of South Africa, Europe and America have produced way less product on this year because of droughts and other issues. with a huge drop of almost 30% less if I remember correctly.

The last year they also had a production drop.. but not this big.

Songbird76

Havent tried it, is it worth it?
for the comments it seems it is.

I usually use my epcot time to eat at Coral Reef and/or 9 dragons.
I think Sunshine Seasons is counter service rather than table service. I think that's where we got Mongolian Beef on our last trip and I was so happy because we used to be able to get it here, but can't anymore. It was good, but definitely counter service quality. Great for a quick meal though.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I was trying to find time in our schedule for parks over the next week or so.. found out some sad news... one of our favorite park has stopped allowing cardboard!
Apparently this happened last year and I never realized it. :(.
It reminded me of our convo here yesterday.

There is/was a park that has a ton of great playground equipment, best part was the “sliding” and “surfing”, the park has turf in many areas as opposed to grass. You’d bring your own cardboard, and then leave it there for another kid in the event that they didn’t have one. T LOVED it!!

Here’s the big hill for “sliding”
View attachment 280405

And here’s a couple of the “surfing” hills-

View attachment 280409

Apparently parents were complaining about kids getting hurt. Yes, plenty of wipe outs did happen-

View attachment 280407
(Flew off and slammed head first into the next hill)
View attachment 280406View attachment 280408

Kids today aren’t allowed to do the same stuff as when we are kids. :(. Gone are the playground equipment for my youth, and now even something like cardboard gets banned.
On one hand, the “safety” aspect is great, on the other.. let them have fun, let them get bumped up and scraped.. it’s childhood!

What a fun looking place!! And I agree--all kids get ocassional bumps and scrapes having fun playing. As you said, it's part of childhood, for Pete's sake!! Let them enjoy playing. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom