The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Well, eat your hearts out -- so far, we've had 16 inches of snow :inlove: and it's still coming down! This has been a long duration storm and was upgraded to blizzard this morning. Went out twice today to shovel and it still looks like I did nothing, because the snow just keeps coming! :p

I'll be out very early tomorrow morning again to do the front steps for a third time. Will be taking a very early bus (whatever shows up) to work.

Had fun today--a real snow day--just like when I was a kid in school!! :joyfull::joyfull:
16 inches and still coming down. Glas you are enjoying it, and glad it is not happening here. Be safe tomorrow.

donaldtoo

As I posted before, the owner relocated to the
former Brookstone location on the lower concourse across from the Disney Store I used to be a CM at...

image.jpeg

And, guess who also closed down a coupla' months ago...

image.jpeg

I had no idea 'til I showed up here tonight. I was a CM there for 4+ years, and even a Lead Manager for 1+ 'til the firm put me back on contract and I had to step down... :bored:

MySmallWorldof4

As I posted before, the owner relocated to the
former Brookstone location on the lower concourse across from the Disney Store I used to be a CM at...

View attachment 270134

And, guess who also closed down a coupla' months ago...

View attachment 270136

I had no idea 'til I showed up here tonight. I was a CM there for 4+ years, and even a Lead Manager for 1+ 'til the firm put me back on contract and I had to step down... :bored:
I am surprised it would close in a busy area. So sad. They used to be my home away from home.

donaldtoo

I am surprised it would close in a busy area. So sad. They used to be my home away from home.

Yea, kinda' blew me away, too.
Although, even when I was a CM there from '09-'13, there were always rumors about the store closing down permanently.
Funny thing is we were almost always pretty darn busy, and the Holidays were just pure mayhem most of the time.
Maybe just more results of increased e-commerce, among other factors.
People and times change, but, I have so many good memories (although my fair share of kooky ones, too... :cautious:) from my time as a CM there that I would never trade for anything...!!!!!!! :happy:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We went to visit my Dad for a little bit today, he lives about an hour and a half north of WDW. It was a nice visit and we got to drive through this beautiful gate with hardly any other cars around. We had dinner at the Biergarten and then went to the Studios for the Star Wars fireworks. Sorry the Biergarten food pictures are on my other camera not my phone.
IMG_1510.JPGIMG_1523.JPG

donaldtoo

So, yea! Off today, and I was just watching the local, 5 AM news. What I find hilarious when these big storms come along, is the way the weather people report them.

Case in point: weather tag team reporting. It used to be enough that we had just one weather guy/gal report the weather, but now they all have two people -- one for the basic storm update, and then they "hand it over" to another weather person who does the winds, the tides, etc. Can't the first guy/gal do that too? They used to. :cautious:

And then, they always have these field weather people that get trashed outdoors in the wind and snow--some of them even use "props" like a shovel--to explain to us that with 12-16 inches of snow, you'll need a shovel. :rolleyes:

And, I've often wondered how they determine who gets dumped outside for the live reports, while the others get to stay indoors for the station reporting, wearing nice clothes, hair all styled and sprayed up spiffy? :hilarious::hilarious:

Hahaaa...!
Yes, it seems to have devolved into "weathertainment"...!!!!! :hilarious:

image.jpeg

donaldtoo

I'm afraid the whole world is just out of balance. Sorry to hear about the incidents in Austin--just horrible.

Thanks, Minnie.
Fortunately there were no other attacks today. Fortunately, the vast majority of folks, even across the nation now, seem to be hip to this sick method. The only thing that gives me pause is thinking about what other ploy/method they may now employ to continue this sick carp.
Seems like teams from every federal law enforcement agency in the country are here on the case. I pray they find this freak before they perpetrate another senseless tragedy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom