The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

I'm starting to worry about the storm that's coming. Our school has already changed the schedule for a few after school activities for tomorrow and cancelled a few others. Come here little groundhog:angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic:
I spoke to a cousin of mine in Philadelphia earlier, their power just came back on after 3 days!!! I’m sending warm weather wishes to all of you who are experiencing these horrible conditions!!
Come On Spring!!!

Figgy1

2 1/2 hours north east. Anybody in Pa or Joisey without power is being told Wednesday. I believe that's because so many lines have to be replaced. I have a friend who lives outside Trenton and one not far from Jackson in Jersey and I worked down that way for a short while many moons ago. My nail tech down there was on route 13 just outside the city

21stamps

2 1/2 hours north east. Anybody in Pa or Joisey without power is being told Wednesday. I believe that's because so many lines have to be replaced. I have a friend who lives outside Trenton and one not far from Jackson in Jersey and I worked down that way for a short while many moons ago. My nail tech down there was on route 13 just outside the city
Ah, ok. I feel so horrible for your weather right now. Insult to injury that it’s happening in March!

My mom is from Philly, so we still have a lot of family there. I spent the majority of my childhood summers in Cape May and Wildwood NJ.. a little far south of you. Have you been? I haven’t been back there since the late 90s..I keep wanting to make a return trip and show my child, let him experience the boardwalk and the relaxed vibe of the Cape. Cape May is sooooo different now though, i probably won’t even recognize it.

Figgy1

They told her 11pm tomorrow night, but they got it back earlier this morning. Do you live near there?
Ah, ok. I feel so horrible for your weather right now. Insult to injury that it’s happening in March!

My mom is from Philly, so we still have a lot of family there. I spent the majority of my childhood summers in Cape May and Wildwood NJ.. a little far south of you. Have you been? I haven’t been back there since the late 90s..I keep wanting to make a return trip and show my child, let him experience the boardwalk and the relaxed vibe of the Cape. Cape May is sooooo different now though, i probably won’t even recognize it.
THNX I spent a lot of time up and down the shore back when. It was easy when I lived just off the parkway. A few time I just hopped in the car and went all the way down to Wildwood for the day. Just short of crazy! Most of my shore time was at the north end of the shore and Seaside one set of grandparents retired to Toms River. My one set of grandparents lived in NE Philly for a while. So I also spent some time there.

MySmallWorldof4

You're not missing anything by not going to Wildwood. It probably hasn't changed at all since you were there last. Still the same hotels that were built in the 60's with no reno. DD's cheer team was supposed to compete there for a competition this past weekend but her group was supposed to compete on a Friday evening, so the program director changed their schedule. Prior to knowing the schedule we had to book a room to stay overnight. The rooms everywhere are overpriced, and many complaints about bedbugs in many hotels. The girl teams that did go said they decided to do VRBO instead and share a house. When dh took me there prior to being married in the mid 90's, I did not care for it. It looked old to me then. Take T to Myrtle Beach, or better yet, Hilton Head. Way nicer and worth the money, which is about the same considering a lousy room off season in Wildwood was close to $300 a night. That is close to what we are paying per night for a 2bdrm DVC in Hilton Head for September.

Figgy1

You're not missing anything by not going to Wildwood. It probably hasn't changed at all since you were there last. Still the same hotels that were built in the 60's with no reno. DD's cheer team was supposed to compete their for a competition this past weekend but her group was supposed to compete on a Friday evening, so the program director changed their schedule. Prior to knowing the schedule we had to book a room to stay overnight. The rooms everywhere are overpriced, and many complaints about bedbugs in many hotels. The girl teams that did go said they decided to do VRBO instead and share a house. When dh took me their prior to being married in the mid 90's, I did not care for it. It looked old to me then. Take T to Myrtle Beach, or better yet, Hilton Head. Way nicer and worth the money, which is about the same considering a lousy room off season in Wildwood was close to $300 a night. That is close to what we are paying per night for a 2bdrm DVC in Hilton Head for September.
Yes more fun as a day trip!

21stamps

THNX I spent a lot of time up and down the shore back when. It was easy when I lived just off the parkway. A few time I just hopped in the car and went all the way down to Wildwood for the day. Just short of crazy! Most of my shore time was at the north end of the shore and Seaside one set of grandparents retired to Toms River. My one set of grandparents lived in NE Philly for a while. So I also spent some time there.
Nice!! I have such fond memories of the south shore and the Wildwood piers.. my siblings and I still joke about “watch the tram car” at least a few times per year.lol. Not sure if the trams still repeat that over and over.

You're not missing anything by not going to Wildwood. It probably hasn't changed at all since you were there last. Still the same hotels that were built in the 60's with no reno. DD's cheer team was supposed to compete there for a competition this past weekend but her group was supposed to compete on a Friday evening, so the program director changed their schedule. Prior to knowing the schedule we had to book a room to stay overnight. The rooms everywhere are overpriced, and many complaints about bedbugs in many hotels. The girl teams that did go said they decided to do VRBO instead and share a house. When dh took me there prior to being married in the mid 90's, I did not care for it. It looked old to me then. Take T to Myrtle Beach, or better yet, Hilton Head. Way nicer and worth the money, which is about the same considering a lousy room off season in Wildwood was close to $300 a night. That is close to what we are paying per night for a 2bdrm DVC in Hilton Head for September.
If you have to go there, stay somewhere else. We always stayed in Cape May..Our house was so quaint and cute, on the water...we’d fish off the dock, swim, and I vividly remember being worried that people in airplane could see me while I was in the outdoor shower without a ceiling :hilarious:
Most of those houses have been torn down now to build more modern ones, or condo buildings. I hate seeing the photos. I think that’s why I’m hesitant to go back.

Cesar R M

Well, the replacement they hired for my role (so I can go help out in another area) started today, and I'm a little worried. I'm hoping it's just first day jitters, but my gut says this girl is a bad match for the role. I can already tell her tech skills aren't very strong. They told me that she didn't have Excel skills when she came on, and they said, "Well, you picked it up." Er...I knew Excel; there were features I needed a refresher course on, like pivot tables, and then getting on it every day strengthened my skills. Someone with no Excel skills...worrisome. Then she needed help with Outlook. Er...also not good. And then her communication skills are lacking. She asks questions, and there have already been several times where I've said I don't understand or she needed to rephrase. Not good when you're emailing several hundred people.

Like I said, hoping she's just having first day jitters, but I'm worried.
I just wonder how they accepted her if she lacks the basic computational skills needed for your position. :|

21stamps

Oh, @MySmallWorldof4 , I haven’t technically vacationed in Hilton Head since the 80s, but I did go for 2 nights for a wedding there about 9 years ago. Haven’t been to Myrtle Beach since the early 90s, my parents took T there for a week this past summer. He enjoyed it!

As far as the east coast (excluding Florida) I spent a lot of time in the Outer Banks, NC as an adult. I haven’t taken T there, we’ll make it eventually. A dream of mine is to own a summer home in Kitty Hawk or Nags Head someday.. such a beautiful part of the country.. I loved it because it wasn’t as commercial as a lot of other spots, but unfortunately that appears to be changing as well.
If only Work didn’t get in the way of travel. ;) Too many places to go, too little time.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

We had 2 interviews and oral and written tests before kiddo got “accepted” to Kindergarten. He’s shy around strangers, so I was extremely nervous when they took him by himself for the testing. We didn’t even find out if he got in for about 3 days, I was sweating bullets.lol.

It is extremely different now.. you have to know a minimum of certain sight words and counting before kindergarten starts.
In second grade we’re doing Powerpoint presentations, and graphs.. him, not me. It’s not parent projects.
Can you imagine doing that 20-30 years ago?
I can’t. School has changed drastically.
I used a poster board and glued on photos or magazine cut outs to give a presentation back when I was in elementary school.:cautious:
I'm glad I was born when I was. I got to be a kid. No stress or worries, just play with my friends. Use my red wagon like it was a car and made roads that I would drive across country in. Play baseball with my friends in the field next door. Float around in the little wading pool my parents bought, watch the Mickey Mouse Club with my early love, Annette singing for me and then watching Superman save the world while munching on a fluffernutter. Of course, before that I would sit at the table and use my coloring book while listening to the Lone Ranger and the Green Hornet on the radio. Go outside and with a couple of wooden planks and a small sawhorse create my own store complete with cash register. In other words I had a childhood not an adult competition to have the smartest child ever. Will today's kids end up more successful financially then I ever did? Chances are pretty good that they will. It's to bad they missed out on all the joys of being a kid for awhile before being thrust into competition and pressure to learn everything.

I have no way of knowing which was the best way to go and that will probably not show up until after I am taking that dirt nap, but, I still am glad that I got to be that kid. I loved the 50's. They were, in spite of being the cold war time, very fun for me.

Goofyernmost

Excuse me what's weird about radicchio, spinach or endive in a salad?:cautious::cautious::cautious:
Of the three things you mentioned spinach is the only one I ever heard of. Are the other two recently invented words describing tree leaves of some kind. Spinach is OK as long as it comes with meat and it is just the balance diet veggie contribution to a meal (plus you're tough to the finish cause you eats your spinach). Those other two would easily go with groundhog.:);)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom