The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

TomP

We are still IN a freeze up here in MA--since the end of January. Yet, we've had a little melting (just a little . . .) over the past week or so, on some of the sunny days; so the 5 feet of snow in the backyard is now down to 4 feet 10 inches. Spring is coming. ;) (But the snow is really pretty, though--a winter wonderland.)

Welcome to Chit Chat, by the way. :) As I did yesterday morning, I had to go up to N&R and catch up with the hot-button smoking thread. It's still a battle zone in that thread, and as @JenniferS suggested, it may be time for a lockdown. (For the record, I don't smoke, but defend a smoker's rights to smoke in a designated area.)

As a closing comment, chit chat conversation runs the gamut (it's not often that another thread is quoted, actually). This thread is a bit of an oasis for light-hearted to occasionally more serious, topics generally not covered in other forums. :)
It has been colder than usual here this winter :eek: but I'll take it over snow and ice. We go camping in state parks once a month and canceled this month because it was too cold.
I checked out that thread too....it's becoming quite a brawl and I'm feeling sorry for one woman who is getting hammered there. It seems that there are a couple in that thread that are the same belligerent way regardless of the topic. I smoke and I've always tried to be aware of my surroundings when doing so....back in the day, "do you mind if I smoke" was part of people's vocabulary. Now....it's different...sad.

Goofyernmost

It has been colder than usual here this winter :eek: but I'll take it over snow and ice. We go camping in state parks once a month and canceled this month because it was too cold.
I checked out that thread too....it's becoming quite a brawl and I'm feeling sorry for one woman who is getting hammered there. It seems that there are a couple in that thread that are the same belligerent way regardless of the topic. I smoke and I've always tried to be aware of my surroundings when doing so....back in the day, "do you mind if I smoke" was part of people's vocabulary. Now....it's different...sad.
That same thread was started in a Board, which cannot be named, with the same results except that it was closed after three pages.

Cesar R M

Not in Tampa proper, but north in the same area in which you're interested. It is nice, I like the mix of tropical and temperate zones instead of all sand/palm trees like further south or all live oaks in the north. And Honeymoon Beach is great!
what about hurricanes? :eek:

TomP

what about hurricanes? :eek:
Yep, FL can have hurricanes, though not very common. When I lived in the mid-west, we had tornadoes. I went to college in CA, we had earthquakes. Up north, killer blizzards. Other parts of the world, monsoons, typhoons, political unrest, oppressive governments, etc. I'm not going to live in fear of things I don't control and I love FL.

donaldtoo

I rebuilt it at about 110K miles. I have about 50K back on it. Engine was in great shape, but I need to rebuild the trans again. It was the turbo 350. I did a rebuild and put a B&M shift kit in it so it would stay in first until 55 mph, hit second, squeeling the tires and jumping to 65 mph and stay in second up to 100 and shift into drive with a chirp and jump to 105. Needless to say the intermediate clutch pack is toast, so I need to rebuild it again. One of these days....

Cool! :)
Does it still have the original Quadrajet (rebuilt, maybe?) on it?
Yep, if ya' drive a shift kit like it's "meant" to be driven ;), it certainly puts a lot more wear and tear on the tranny...!!! :joyfull: :)

donaldtoo

No, you be cool ... Mr. Icicles still hanging at 2:00 p.m. :happy:

article-2534548-1A72469B00000578-507_964x640.jpg

donaldtoo

Yep, FL can have hurricanes, though not very common. When I lived in the mid-west, we had tornadoes. I went to college in CA, we had earthquakes. Up north, killer blizzards. Other parts of the world, monsoons, typhoons, political unrest, oppressive governments, etc. I'm not going to live in fear of things I don't control and I love FL.

We lived in Northern California from '68-'76, and I certainly remember some earthquake fun...!!! :joyfull:
Before we went into our recent (a few years, now) drought down here, every spring was a tornado watch/warning fest.
Not so much, lately.

StarWarsGirl

There are a number of threads here (though it is not unique to wdwmagic) that start off civil and degenerate quickly into nasty arguments. That's why I don't comment very much. I don't put people on ignore though. I enjoy seeing them act the fool ;)
I don't comment very much either. Sometimes I do a lot (like on the smoking thread) and other times I'm just like:
MOVIE.jpg

Ignore is more for me. Sometimes I really don't care to read what a person has written, or they'll have been going after me so ignore mutes the notifications from them. Then, if I choose to read their content, I stop and I think about it five or six times before typing. Prevents me from typing something in haste and looking bad.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

There are a number of threads here (though it is not unique to wdwmagic) that start off civil and degenerate quickly into nasty arguments. That's why I don't comment very much. I don't put people on ignore though. I enjoy seeing them act the fool ;)

Yep, same here. In the 8 years I've been a member of 2 different Disney boards, I've never put anyone on ignore.
I enjoy the entertainment, and can still just ignore them the good old fashioned way. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom