The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thanks!

But, I was just looking at the weather map, and right now everything is to the north and east of us, moving east. So, unless there is some serious building to the west to come, this could be a non-event.
And, sooo many school districts, state, county, local, etc. offices have already announced closings... :cyclops:
The carp is supposed to start anytime now, we're still supposed to get around 6 inches and still have no word on school being delayed or closed:cautious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
It is still snowing. Not bad but it never stopped, temps seem to be dropping fast. Joy Joy

giphy.gif
The part in the forecast about about us going well into the 50s by Friday had better be true:angelic:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@StarWarsGirl .....I know everybody has "been there....done that"......so I'm not expecting to open up a discussion on this topic.
I just want to say that this afternoon I DID INDEED see Stars Wars The Last Jedi.
As you know, it was amazingly great! :cool:
You told me in a spoiler ( a spoiler that figment fan was not supposed to look at :D:D:D:D;););))
That there would be a "kiss"....."on the lips"
I assumed it would involve the lead female Rey...wrong guess by me :oops:

Perhaps you might be surprised at all the people in these parts, who have not seen the film as well.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We had a couple a few months back look at our home. The realtor said his comment when he got to my kitchen was He was a professional chef and was rather indignant. When realtor shared I laughed so hard as I had a nice kitchen but no it wasn't a professional chefs kitchen. My comment back was If he is a good professional chef what the heck is he doing looking at a home at this price point 'cause he isn't going to find a $200,000 kitchen anywhere at this pricepoint. Crazy man.

My jaw dropped when I read his comment. Seriously??!! Yours was a "family" home--how many family homes have a professional chefs kitchen??!!! :facepalm:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
\

Hmmm...sounds like she is mimicking something she saw possibly at daycare? Drama class should be fun for her. :happy:

It starts this Saturday morning!! She has a little friend who is "extra" like she is, so they'll be taking the classes together!

It turns out she was mad because I sent her daddy to pick her up from school instead of going myself. Tough break, kid. The roads were terrible (ice and snow and tons of slippery slush) so you had that other parent who loves you very much (and can drive better in snow) come get you. :inlove::inlove:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Winter storm warning for us beginning at midnight. Up to an inch of accumulation in some areas...ice, sleet, snow or any combination thereof.
This would be our third snow this season, if it indeed snows...very rare...!

Enjoy!! Later tonight into tomorrow, we're getting up 7 inches. Should be pretty! :inlove: (But do carefully watch out for ice, if it turns to that in some spots.)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ultimately 8pm. Along with her learning curve for the new kitchen toy is that 'prep time thing' that she doesn't have down quite yet.

And it was yummy. She has that flavor thing down!

Yes, the learning curve with the new toy--I was also unaware of the time it takes to heat up to the desired pressure. Add to that the prep time (which usually isn't long), but then it also depends on the end of the overall cooking time--if the recipe calls for natural release of pressure, quick release, or a combination of the both. (At least with slow cookers, it's a no brainer--dump the stuff inside, turn on, and come back at the end of cooking time. Done.)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Blah!

Yoplait just rebooted their terrible ad campaign of last year with their offensive #Yoplait Mom On commercials.

I thought they learned last year. :facepalm: Why launch commercials that will make Moms not buy their products for their kids? :cautious: Hello Chiobani. :hungry:

Never saw the Yoplait ads. Haven't bought Chobani in years--ever since they tried to cover up a contamination at one of their plants. It's since been cleaned up, of course, but I couldn't get it out of my mind after that. Plenty of other brands to buy, so I went with others.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It starts this Saturday morning!! She has a little friend who is "extra" like she is, so they'll be taking the classes together!

It turns out she was mad because I sent her daddy to pick her up from school instead of going myself. Tough break, kid. The roads were terrible (ice and snow and tons of slippery slush) so you had that other parent who loves you very much (and can drive better in snow) come get you. :inlove::inlove:

Ha!! Too funny!!

Songbird76

I was thinking about you today while I was out. It was raining and so windy I had to lean into the wind and the rain was pelting my face. Not fun:mad:
Yeah, it was really not nice. Going to work wasn't too bad...it was still dry at that point. But I got to the school and had 20 minutes to wait until DS got out. (my work is really close) Usually, if it's raining they'll have the door open so parents can come in out of the rain and wait in the hallway, which I have never done before. But, yesterday, I figured, since I'm still coughing, it's probably not a good idea to stand there in the cold and wind and everything, so for once I went to the door to go in....it was locked. The ONE time I want to make use of waiting inside and it was locked up. Oh well...it stopped raining and was just super windy, but I lived. When do you fly? Or are you already gone?
Nevermind...I see you answered that already. I'm so jealous!! Have a great time!

Last edited:

Songbird76

I will take lots of pictures and post them in my life trip report that I will be attempting. Not sure if I can keep people interested for 2 weeks...
Are you kidding? People have been to the parks so many times themselves, and yet, when they aren't there, they park themselves in front of the computer and read endless trip reports....I think you'll be fine.
My daughter is angry at me and I have no idea why. She keeps grunting at me telling me I'm not allowed to talk to her right now. But she's angrily cleaning up her play area, so I'm going to let it go until she's done :hilarious::hilarious:
That is soooo cute! Does she have a particular expression when she's upset with you or angry? My daughter would go stand against a wall with her arms folded and not talk to you and she could do this for like an HOUR...I thought toddlers were supposed to have short attention spans.
This was my DD at 4, when she was the flower girl in my brother's wedding. (Sorry it's blurry) She was unhappy that she had to get her hair done, and she was unhappy that her dress was white and not pink. A few hours later, after about 50 people told her she looked like a princess, she decided she liked it and didn't want to take anything off.

100_4099.JPG
A few hours later:
100_4121.JPG
And this was when she was 2 and we had professional family photos made, and she was tired of the photographer telling her what to do:
Ella grump.jpg

Hahaaa...! You and @MinnieM123! Although Minnie could probably do without the fire...!!! :hilarious: "wink".
I prefer where I was! It's their winter as well, so the highs were in the 70's and 80's. We are used to wayyy hotter than that here in the summer...!
70s are great, though I don't know that I'd be donning a swimsuit on a beach....low 80s I can handle, but upper 80s, if it's humid, I can't do it. I get nauseated, get a headache...it's miserable. I don't know how I handle Disney, except that we are inside so much that I don't have time to get the yucks. On our last trip though, I had to go to Disney Springs to pick up the gift card that came with our package and by the end of that trip, I was pretty miserable. DH had taken the kids back to the resort to swim, and I was by myself and my body just doesn't handle heat well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom