The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I guess "twit" is the kindest name you can call him.:rolleyes:

Yeah. He was apparently always a Twit from young. I married the baby boy of the family and the two of them never got along, still really don't. They have 3 kids and there was zero discipline or supervision, destructive little demons at home and at other peoples homes. At a large Birthday Party years ago the middle nephew went up to the buffet that my FIL cake was displayed and the boy started licking the frosting ontop and sides of cake. My BIL and SIL just laughed and laughed but made no move to stop him but they did take pictures. :jawdrop:

But what really made it rough was his wife had a stronger personality than he did and the older two BILs married two sisters! Those woman are crazy when they would get in cahoots with each other. The oldest of the 3 guys though is just like my FIL salt of the earth genuinely nice guy. Never saw him ever act like a Twit or have grown up melt downs. That middle manchild though would melt down about something at least once a month like clockwork. So yes Twit is kind. :joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My DD and her instant pot experiments. Test Run last week was fresh garlic & butter green beans.

This mornings creation was Monkey Bread. It was yummy. Pastry warm and flaky and sauce a sugary cinnamon and buttery brown sugar was nice and gooey and created itself in the Instant Pot. 4 services in a 6 quart Pot.

View attachment 256557
Last evening she created One Pot Spaghetti. The browning of meat, sweating of peppers, garlic and onion and sauce added. The dry pasta was then placed on top and a jar and a half of water and she turned it on.

View attachment 256556

20 minutes later the noodles were tender but not overcooked and the sauce was thick and wonderful.
View attachment 256555

It tasted wonderful and the only thing we duly noted was it was hot beyond hot, so hot that we had to let it cool on our plates a good 10 minutes before it cooled enough to eat.

That all looks good!! I actually have the Cuisinart version--same thing as the Instant Pot. Big learning curve for moi. It's just really different and has extra steps. I tried it again this weekend (only used it twice since Dec. when I first got it), and I made pulled pork. Never made that before, but it came out pretty good, in spite of my lack of culinary skills. Hubs really liked it.

12in12

And that stainless pot is relatively easy to clean too. Win.

As we were done eating the ultimate clean up sunk in. No noodle pan to boil, no strainer, the sweating of garlic, peppers, onion and garlic all happened in the Pot along with the browning of the meat. We stared at the Instant Pot as it was doing its thing and all we were concerned about was if the noodles would actually completely cook. Relief when they were.
Easy clean up and yummy food, that's my kind of dinner.:hungry:

12in12

Man it was WINDY today...the bike ride home from DS's school was less than fun, but we made it. It's supposed to be nasty all week..really rainy.
Saturday is the first Open House for high schools! I'm so excited! DD had her last masterclass today and she said it was SO MUCH FUN. I guess they did Biology and they got to look at Mosquito Larvae under a microscope.
I was thinking about you today while I was out. It was raining and so windy I had to lean into the wind and the rain was pelting my face. Not fun:mad:

12in12

That all looks good!! I actually have the Cuisinart version--same thing as the Instant Pot. Big learning curve for moi. It's just really different and has extra steps. I tried it again this weekend (only used it twice since Dec. when I first got it), and I made pulled pork. Never made that before, but it came out pretty good, in spite of my lack of culinary skills. Hubs really liked it.
I'm glad the pork turned out well and I hope you keep using the Instant Pot, it sounds pretty handy to me.

StarWarsGirl

100% agreement. Yeah, I saw that game. Complete heartbreaker. Thank you for your fairness as a Ravens fan. ;)
Most of us are fair. Albeit relieved that we won't be hearing Steelers fans talking about having 7 rings. :joyfull: It destroys my argument that since Baltimore got the Ravens, we've each gotten the exact same number of Super Bowl rings. But yeah, that call was not right. And we can sympathize because the same thing has happened to us against that team.

I once was on Comet at Hershey Park. The people in front of me were in Steelers gear. The guy loading us says, "Oh, I'm a Patriotz fan. We got the best QB in the NFL." The fans ignored him, and as we're heading up the hill, I say to them, "I'm a Ravens fan. Rothilburger is a better QB than Tom Brady." And then they said, "Yeah, see we respect you guys!" And then had a mutual hatefest against the Patriots going up the hill.

One of my friends from high school who also went to college with me is from Pittsburg originally and is a Steelers fan. We had an agreement not to talk football for a long time. Now we don't talk about Ravens vs. Steelers. We just hate on the Patriots. :hilarious: We both hate the Patriots more than we hate each others teams.

Figgy1

Premium Member
And that stainless pot is relatively easy to clean too. Win.

As we were done eating the ultimate clean up sunk in. No noodle pan to boil, no strainer, the sweating of garlic, peppers, onion and garlic all happened in the Pot along with the browning of the meat. We stared at the Instant Pot as it was doing its thing and all we were concerned about was if the noodles would actually completely cook. Relief when they were.
I need to get a commercial sized one to fit an entire recipe:banghead:

Figgy1

Premium Member
And still snowing.....

giphy.gif
Sympathy like. Do you need anything? Wine, food, shotgun alibi? I'm almost positive groundhogs are in season:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom