The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Yep...and I walk to the grocery store....I have a big grocery bag on wheels so I don't have to carry everything. And I take my bike to work, to pick the kids up from school, take them to activities, or we take public transportation if it's too far to bike or if the weather is being uncooperative. The downside to Public Transportation is that it takes so long! I bike to my work in 20 minutes, but if I have to take the bus, it's over an hour because I have to transfer buses OR walk 20 minutes from the train station to my work once the bus gets there...so I might as well ride my bike anyway. Having a drivers license would just be more convenient so DH wouldn't have to drive me places. Though I really HATE driving.
I do too now, driving is so hard with so many people on the roads, and doing everything else but driving.

SteveBrickNJ

People must have really enriching lives on the weekends. BECAUSE.....here on Monday I came home from work and after doing some private music instruction on the side....I come on to WDWMagic at 5PM and I have 27 ALERTS....27!
On the weekend the game forum is a ghost town. :joyfull: On the weekends I get hardly any alerts.
Yet when others are on here...I'm too busy at work Mon. - Fri.to post on the game thread 8:50AM -4PM.....but on the weekend I have a lot of free time.
Maybe some people can enjoy some game thread posts while at work. I have just 2 gigs of data with T Mobile....it's an affordable plan that I want to keep. Anyway.....I'm glad everyone has such busy weekends but sometimes I miss you guys. :(
THIS weekend is my daughter's Sweet 16th birthday.
THIS WEEKEND WE WILL have enriching lives also :):cool::joyfull:
We will spend time in Manhattan and even spend a night at a hotel in the Times Square region. My wife and daughter will enjoy going in MACY'S ....just days before the Thanksgiving parade passes by that same location.
I'm done rambling on now LOL :D

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Good news!!! We're going to Disney for my birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We decided that we both really need a break from the madness. Between DH working his tail off at work and not getting any vacation a week at a time all summer and my asthma and now high bp, we have got to get away. His boss said it was ok and approved a week in Dec. I am soo happy!!!! If I could do somersaults, one or two would be in order. :D:p
Fantastic news for the two of you.
(They should have fixed everything i broke by then) :cautious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good news!!! We're going to Disney for my birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We decided that we both really need a break from the madness. Between DH working his tail off at work and not getting any vacation a week at a time all summer and my asthma and now high bp, we have got to get away. His boss said it was ok and approved a week in Dec. I am soo happy!!!! If I could do somersaults, one or two would be in order. :D:p

Thrilled for you--a birthday celebration at WDW!!!! Plus, you'll get to see all the pretty holiday decorations. :happy: :happy:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I've never heard of this. I will check with daughter, she takes the boy's to all the Dr.'s appointments. She hasn't mentioned this. I turned my eye off, almost at birth and showed no sign's of having a reading problem. But when I did the eye test to have both eyes used to line things up, I always failed. But nothing was said about doing anything. I think it was much too late for me. Mom and dad didn't take us to an eye doctor until I sat in the first row and couldn't see the chalk board. That was in the third grade. Medicine in the past failed a lot of us, out in the country....translated....farm kids.

That's sad, Bets. :(

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

So happy for you? Will you be there for Christmas.

donaldtoo

As promised...

The finished CAD preliminary floor plans from last week...sorry about the glare, I forgot to turn on the overhead fluorescent lights in my office... :oops: I prefer to work at the computer with just the natural light from my open window shades, and the natural light and a desk lamp over my drafting table, but, it was getting dark out when I took them... :cyclops:

Main floor, upper floor, and lower floor, respectively...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

And, a much more developed rendering of the monster house model...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

"Dusk" view...

image.jpeg

And, another huge one we did recently up in Lubbock, Texas, actually, that may, or may not, be more to some peoples liking...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I've never heard of this. I will check with daughter, she takes the boy's to all the Dr.'s appointments. She hasn't mentioned this. I turned my eye off, almost at birth and showed no sign's of having a reading problem. But when I did the eye test to have both eyes used to line things up, I always failed. But nothing was said about doing anything. I think it was much too late for me. Mom and dad didn't take us to an eye doctor until I sat in the first row and couldn't see the chalk board. That was in the third grade. Medicine in the past failed a lot of us, out in the country....translated....farm kids.

There were not prisms in my youth either but I did all sorts of useless eye exercises. Some docs back in the day patched a kids good eye.
Still I read with one eye. It wasn't until college that I figured that out. Check and see if the kids go an Ophthalmologist vs an Optometrist. The Ophthalmologist is the one that put the prisms in their eye glasses-it forces both eyes to forward and in sync with each other. My kids saw a pediatric Ophthalmologist. Me, I saw what the kids were doing to compensate, it mirrored exactly what I did as a kid and went eeekkkk!!!

MySmallWorldof4

HAHA! I actually lived in a tee pee for six months when I was 19 (not by choice...we were so broke we couldn't afford crackers, lol)...we fished for dinner every night, I learned about Native American culture, taught myself to do beadwork, carved a bow and set of arrows from branches of an ash tree, learned to make the best beef jerky EVER...it was really pretty cool. (And taught this gal - who was originally a pretty high-maintenance teenaged girl - a thing or seven. ;) ) We met so many amazing people from all over the world...good times!
This sounds just like a novel that my 10 year old dd and I read for her schoolwork. Called “Sign of the Beaver”. Takes place in the 1700’s up in Maine. Great story. Sorry you had a rough bit of time in your childhood. What do people slways say? What doesn’t kill us makes us stronger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom