The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sooooo many new experiences on today's flight...
As I posted last night, this was an hour-long flight. My first flight was 30 mins.
At one point right after our first takeoff he got pretty radical with some turns...IT. WAS. AWESOME!!!!!!! :joyfull:
We landed again early on in the flight at a grass strip in a neighborhood...yes, a neighborhood. The grass airstrip is between two rows of houses (about 25-30-ish homes) that all have attached hangars!!!!! :joyfull:
A good buddy of his lives there, and is the airstrip manager. We just did a touch and go there.

Next, we climbed up to 2,000 ft. Then he asked if I wanted to go touch the clouds.
"Heck yea!!!" was my response!!!
So he had me go to full power and trim it out to climb. It was a nice easy climb, and even though the clouds looked low from the ground, the bottoms turned out to be at about 4,800 ft. As we got up to 5,000 ft. he had me maneuvering around the clouds. He was watching other air traffic to make sure we were clear, and then he finally pointed at a cloud and said "Let's go touch that one!" As we were approaching it, he told me to put out my left hand (my right hand was still on the stick ;)) to, literally, touch the cloud. As we came out the other side, he told me to rub my fingers together...yep, moist. I "touched" a cloud flying at 5,000 ft. Sooo flippin' cool...!!!!! :joyfull:

There was also, obviously, quite a temperature difference from the ground to 5,000 ft. It was about 85* on the ground at the time, and we estimated it was about 35-40* cooler at 5,000 ft. He was wearing a t-shirt, shorts, and tennis shoes, I was wearing same, except for a Hawaiian-style button down shirt. It was brisk, but, felt good! :)

Once we got back near the airport towards the end to finish the flight, I also got to completely land on the second to last circuit, and then takeoff and land on the last one, and...WE LIVED...!!!!!!! :hilarious: :D ;) :)

Yet again, l can't even express how cool this was...I am hooked!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull:

And, I can't thank my wonderful, beautiful family enough. They're the best, and I'm one damn :oops: ;) lucky man...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy:

What an exciting birthday present!!! :jawdrop: :happy: Your family "gets it" -- no shirt and tie for dad--no, let's send him on another THRILLING gyroplane ride, and let's "plus" it up to an hour!!! :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull:

May i congratulate you on your very first landing, too!! :cool: :cool: AMAZING!! WOO HOO!!!!!!

(P.S.: I was stunned about the tiny airstrip between the two houses--I was used to the usual runways at an airport. Those gyroplanes are just too much fun! And--touching a clould?! Any airplanes I've flown in, large or small, were all closed tight--no finger-tipping the clouds!)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
DSs spicy chicken pancakes...

image-jpeg.239484

Oh my . . . spicy chicken on pancakes --that must be a Texas thing?! :jawdrop: I only like my pancakes sweet, with maple syrup and some butter. I guess DD must have grown up eating spicy food, so that's why she likes it now.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hello Jack! @MinnieM123 bet he is glad he doesn't need hair cuts. Latest trend in dog grooming. Cube Grooming. From the international dog grooming competitions and cats for equal opportunities.

cubist-dog-grooming-trend

Ug9pRRk.jpg

00037808_medium.jpeg

liliethestrange.png
pet-style-dragon-cut-for-cats-cube-cut-dogs-trending-0625-2.jpg

Good grief. I just couldn't give a "like" to this. Why people can't just leave their beautiful animals alone is beyond me. The good thing about Jack is that if anyone even tried to do something like that (or got near him, if he didn't know them), he'd tear them apart in a flash! :hilarious:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Good grief. I just couldn't give a "like" to this. Why people can't just leave their beautiful animals alone is beyond me. The good thing about Jack is that if anyone even tried to do something like that (or got near him, if he didn't know them), he'd tear them apart in a flash! :hilarious:

These dogs are accustomed to being groomed and groom for longer periods of time. They are show quality Pups to start. They are part of the international dog grooming competitions and generally have competitions by state and region too along with nationals. The humans are master dog groomers.

This is from the New Jersey show:
studio%20session-1031.jpg

photo credit P Nathan

but this one was best in show
article-2581767-1C2D82ED00000578-633_634x631.jpg

photo p nathan

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It just now occurred to me that two years ago today I spent the day in Disneyland Paris. My how time does fly bye!
View attachment 239531
If it looks like the clothes I am wearing were slept in... it is possible. We had flown in from Raleigh to Paris the day (kinda) before via Iceland to Paris. I don't know how many hours that took, wasn't keeping track, but, that picture was taken after very little sleep and no chance to unpack anything. In fact, my eyes might have been closed behind the dark glasses.

Just noted that Paris has tank strollers of their own variety there. Reminds me of retro fit grocery cart.

Songbird76

Ok I'm going to be a killjoy for a post so if you don't want to be bummed out skip on by but I just need to share my huge bummer of a day....

After lunch today all the teachers were called to an emergency meeting (it was a quick one in between classes so the kids weren't left on there own for too long). The news was that one of our students had committed suicide last night. She wasn't in my class anymore, but she was last year. She was in foster care and had many issues but I always got along with her really well and enjoyed having her in my classroom. She had so much potential I am just devastated to see that wasted and so disheartened that she considered that her best option. :( I just can't understand it. This is the second student I've had that has turned to suicide, the first one was when I was a first year teacher and despite being older now it is just as tough to deal with. Sorry for being a downer and thanks for reading.
Sympathy like. I'm so so sorry. I know I'm really late as I'm still catching up, but this is just so heartbreaking!! Was she being bullied? Prayers to you and all the school...I'm sure everyone is having a rough time right now.

Songbird76

Yes, it was a rough afternoon. I was very thankful that I had my prep period after hearing the news, I needed some time to compose myself. I shared the news with my husband and he came over to the school to help our guidance counselor out, she said he was a big help. He does a lot of stuff to help out the school and has activities at the church that are open to all community kids, so the kids all know who he is so our high school counselor said a lot of the kids felt very comfortable talking to him. Our middle school guidance counselor was out sick but our elementary counselor said she was too busy to come over to the high school to help so I'm very glad hubs has the skills to help her out with this crisis.
Too busy to help? What could be more important than helping the students through that?? Couldn't she have moved some things around to be available? I can't wrap my head around that.

Figgy1

Premium Member
These dogs are accustomed to being groomed and groom for longer periods of time. They are show quality Pups to start. They are part of the international dog grooming competitions and generally have competitions by state and region too along with nationals. The humans are master dog groomers.

This is from the New Jersey show:
studio%20session-1031.jpg

photo credit P Nathan

but this one was best in show
article-2581767-1C2D82ED00000578-633_634x631.jpg

photo p nathan
Still not a fan but making the boys walk one of those may be fun:D They didn't even like walking the dog when she wore a pink collar:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom