The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Declawing a cat is like if you wanted to take the nails off of a human and decided that you were going to take the first bone of the finger. It's literally an amputation. Because of this, cats who are declawed frequently end up in a lot of pain. This can cause them to stop using their litter box because they are in too much pain.

You also take away a cat's first line of defense when you declaw them. You'll either get a cat who is more prone to hiding because they can't defend themselves or a cat who instead bites. Not to mention if a cat were to get outside, they would be unable to defend themselves.

There's so many ways now to prevent a cat from scratching that didn't exist 20 years ago. There are nail caps you can put on a cat that can help and don't hurt them. There's double sided sticky tape you can put on furniture that they go after. They'll put their paws on it, feel the tape, and go "Yuck!" and leave it alone, and then once there's that association, they leave off of it (and you can take the tape off). Basically, you should handle behavioral problems in cats the way you handle them with dogs: you address them with training.

We use a combination of scratchers and tape with the girls. When we notice a spot they're going after, we put the tape on and give them a scratcher near by. Eventually, they naturally go for the scratcher and leave off the furniture, so we remove the tape. Neither Belle nor Jasmine scratches the furniture, which in Jasmine's case is saying something.

Our previous two cats were declawed. My mom had Mischief done before she knew better, and she always regretted it because he was never the same after that. Moxie had previous owners that declawed him, and he was a biter. Whereas Belle, who has all of her claws, is also completely nonaggressive. The vet actually asked if she was declawed because she examined her paws, and Belle, being the good cat she is, had them completely retracted. I told her no, that I don't believe in it, and she said she won't perform the procedure. Considering that a declaw runs at least $250, that's a vet that cares more about the cats than making money. Which is why I'm going back to that vet.

Declawing is actually illegal in most parts of the world. The Canadian Veterinarians Association considers it inhumane. But because it makes money here, our vets continue to do it. It is illegal to declaw a cat in certain parts of Southern California, and there was legislation to ban it in NY and NJ. Pawproject.org has even more info on their website.

That is kind of like getting a dog's voice box removed to stop it from barking. None of the vets around here will do it anymore. There are other ways to stop or limit the barking behavior in dogs. We never did the procedure on any of our dogs and never would, just seems too cruel.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I really thought that I was going to be able to administer my eye drops to myself before my cataract surgery on Tuesday. However, after missing my eye totally the few times I tried, my husband did the task with no difficulty at all. I am usually super independent for things like this. However, this time, I am sure glad he is home all day, and can put in my drops. They must go in four times a day before surgery and countless times as long as 4 weeks after surgery.
Yea for good husbands. Good luck, prayers and pixie dust.

Figgy1

Premium Member
FyDrU44.gif
try it with bacon and cheese and then tell me you don't like it.

Cesar R M

I agree, I'm surprised WDW decided to suddenly not have Marie doing meet and greets once she got replaced by Stitch. They should had moved her back to the France Pavilion in Epcot since that's more fitting for her. Maybe they could finally bring her brothers to WDW someday if that ever happens.
Which is weird, because everytime I seen her meeting in the center of Magic Kingdom's flag plaza.. she always had a big line of people wanting to M&G.

Cesar R M

I can't wrap my brain around this. Propane for a fireplace? How does that even work? Is the Propane in the house? :confused:
Depends on the house and the availability.
All our homes over here have a giant "central" gas tank in the top of the house.
And is refilled every month or so (or as needed).
The house is wired to have the gas connected to our boiler (running water) and our kitchen.

I suspect He has a small gas cylinder inside the wall or house for the fireplace.

brb1006

Which is weird, because everytime I seen her meeting in the center of Magic Kingdom's flag plaza.. she always had a big line of people wanting to M&G.
Not to mention how much fun she had with certain guests. I remember while waiting in line to meet her for the last time during my Senior Trip back in early June 2015. She jumped back and patted her big bow around her neck since it appeared that a guest appeared to be asking about how pretty her bow looked.

StarWarsGirl

One of my first jobs was a secretary at a large accounting firm. The managing partner always told the CPAs to take the first flight out in the morning. Airport delays tend to occur as the day goes on, but if you're on the first flights (weather permitting), you're usually always on schedule.
My dad usually books the first flights for the day, unless the first flight leaves at something ridiculous like 6:30 am (meaning we'd be leaving the house at 3 am); then we book more like the 9 am one. Coming back from vacation, he always books the late flight so we have the entire day. I think for WDW in February they are going down late, but Icm not 100% positive on this (I'm flying down later).

Lately I've been booking the late flights because I leave for my flight after work and then have the entire day the next day. I did this for SC and WDW. When I fly by myself or with my grandma, I do the late one simply because I don't quite trust my brain early in the morning. For Hilton Head in December, my grandma and I are flying and my parents are driving, so we're flying down the day before and staying with my aunt, so that way we don't have to worry about getting a ride; my mom can just drive us the day before. But your accounting firm was right; the price you pay is delays.

donaldtoo

Brunch at Kerby Lane Cafe...!!!!! :hungry:

Youngest DDs French toast and scrambled eggs...

image.jpeg

DSs spicy chicken pancakes...

image.jpeg

DWifeys French toast with sausage on the side...

image.jpeg

SILs bicuits & gravy, eggs, and sausage...

image.jpeg

Oldest DDs vegan BBQ sandwich with sweet potato fries...

image.jpeg

And, my California omelette with home fries and sausage...

image.jpeg

All sooo darn delicious...!!!!! :hungry: :)

donaldtoo

Sooooo many new experiences on today's flight...
As I posted last night, this was an hour-long flight. My first flight was 30 mins.
At one point right after our first takeoff he got pretty radical with some turns...IT. WAS. AWESOME!!!!!!! :joyfull:
We landed again early on in the flight at a grass strip in a neighborhood...yes, a neighborhood. The grass airstrip is between two rows of houses (about 25-30-ish homes) that all have attached hangars!!!!! :joyfull:
A good buddy of his lives there, and is the airstrip manager. We just did a touch and go there.

Next, we climbed up to 2,000 ft. Then he asked if I wanted to go touch the clouds.
"Heck yea!!!" was my response!!!
So he had me go to full power and trim it out to climb. It was a nice easy climb, and even though the clouds looked low from the ground, the bottoms turned out to be at about 4,800 ft. As we got up to 5,000 ft. he had me maneuvering around the clouds. He was watching other air traffic to make sure we were clear, and then he finally pointed at a cloud and said "Let's go touch that one!" As we were approaching it, he told me to put out my left hand (my right hand was still on the stick ;)) to, literally, touch the cloud. As we came out the other side, he told me to rub my fingers together...yep, moist. I "touched" a cloud flying at 5,000 ft. Sooo flippin' cool...!!!!! :joyfull:

There was also, obviously, quite a temperature difference from the ground to 5,000 ft. It was about 85* on the ground at the time, and we estimated it was about 35-40* cooler at 5,000 ft. He was wearing a t-shirt, shorts, and tennis shoes, I was wearing same, except for a Hawaiian-style button down shirt. It was brisk, but, felt good! :)

Once we got back near the airport towards the end to finish the flight, I also got to completely land on the second to last circuit, and then takeoff and land on the last one, and...WE LIVED...!!!!!!! :hilarious: :D ;) :)

Yet again, l can't even express how cool this was...I am hooked!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull:

And, I can't thank my wonderful, beautiful family enough. They're the best, and I'm one damn :oops: ;) lucky man...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy:

donaldtoo

Oh, and two other related notes...

SIL sent me up with his GoPro. He suggested it, I didn't ask. :) I used for a good portion of the time I wasn't at the controls, but, have no idea how it turned out until he downloads it. If enough of it turns out to be good, after editing, I'll try and find a way to post it.

Also, the guy I flew with, Dayton Dabbs, is heading to Italy tomorrow to the Magni (pronounced man-yee) Gyro plant to help build 4 new gyroplanes. Two for them and two for clients.

Dayton, my friend, YOU are livin' the dream...!!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom