The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

Brunch at Kerby Lane Cafe...!!!!! :hungry:

Youngest DDs French toast and scrambled eggs...

View attachment 239483

DSs spicy chicken pancakes...

View attachment 239484

DWifeys French toast with sausage on the side...

View attachment 239485

SILs bicuits & gravy, eggs, and sausage...

View attachment 239486

Oldest DDs vegan BBQ sandwich with sweet potato fries...

View attachment 239487

And, my California omelette with home fries and sausage...

View attachment 239488

All sooo darn delicious...!!!!! :hungry: :)

I'll take the sauce for the Cali omelette

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

OK, the vegan restaurant we went to was awesome...!!!!! :joyfull: :hungry:
I even got a chance to talk to the owner before we left and let him know how much we loved the food...! :)
I, honestly, couldn't believe how good the food was...!!! :happy:

The place is called The Beer Plant, yet, I forgot to get any pics of my beers...! :facepalm:

Sriracha Brussels sprouts and cauliflower "Buffalo wings"...so darn good...!!! :hungry:

View attachment 239455

My Big Bend "BBQ" Sandwich...!!! :hungry:

View attachment 239456

THE BIG BEND
smoked seitan (contains peanuts), red onions, bbq sauce, smoked cheddar cheese sauce, mayo, grilled whole wheat bun, served with slaw, house-made pickles and side mac n' cheese

And, my birthday surprise for tomorrow at 1p...

View attachment 239457

:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks delicious! Assuming it was mock mac ‘n cheese. ;) I never tried seitan before. I tried making it once, but it did not turn out well. :oops:

Goofyernmost

Amickey and minnie.jpg

@JenniferS, sorry about the distortion of the picture, but here are the Mickey and Minnie I was talking about a little while back. Just a mere $335.00 each. They stand about 2.5 inches high. I'm sure Mike would come down here to visit Duke and pick up that pair for you. As you can see there are others there at varying prices from around $65.00 and up.

MySmallWorldof4

I don't grasp this either. I have never owned a cat so there is that. I watched my MIL cat frequently when they were out of town as my Pup and her Cat had this odd love hate relationship. Her cat was declawed later in life or it wasn't going to have a life as she shredded furniture drapes and rugs. Sh did have a weird week but after that she was her normal self. I get the idea there is some bad things about all that...just not sure 'cause Scooter Kitty adapted very well. Someone educate me.
I think part of it is because it is cruel. They cannot use their natural ability to climb, but they need to because it is part of their instinct. Our cats are indoor and they are not declawed. They have scratching posts that they use and they seem to love this indoor/outdoor rug that we have inside the house. If they were to somehow get outside they would be able to defend themselves which they wouldn’t if they were declawed. I am sure there are more reasons that I cannot think of.

MySmallWorldof4

I don't know if hers is exactly like my set up. We have a regular fireplace which we got fed of having to clean out and have the chimney cleaned so we had an insert put in it and had the local propane company put a tank by our house and run a line to it. we don't have gas lines in my neighborhood. It throws off enough heat to heat a couple of rooms to my satisfaction:inlove: This isn't mine but may give you an idea

Yes. We had to get the electrician to come in also and make sure there was a ground for the electrical line that powers it on. I forget the exact term, but if there is no ground a fire can be caused that will not just heat up the house, but burn it down. :eek:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Hello Jack! @MinnieM123 bet he is glad he doesn't need hair cuts. Latest trend in dog grooming. Cube Grooming. From the international dog grooming competitions and cats for equal opportunities.

cubist-dog-grooming-trend

Ug9pRRk.jpg

00037808_medium.jpeg

liliethestrange.png
pet-style-dragon-cut-for-cats-cube-cut-dogs-trending-0625-2.jpg

MySmallWorldof4

No the propane is outside in a tank like a gas grill. (same thing actually) It is piped inside usually with copper tubing directly to the fireplace. Usually new installations have a switch, like a light switch on the wall. You flip the switch and the fire starts automatically due to a pilot light or electronic starter. It works almost exactly the same as a gas stove in the kitchen.
This^^^^
We can hope. :)

MySmallWorldof4

Sooooo many new experiences on today's flight...
As I posted last night, this was an hour-long flight. My first flight was 30 mins.
At one point right after our first takeoff he got pretty radical with some turns...IT. WAS. AWESOME!!!!!!! :joyfull:
We landed again early on in the flight at a grass strip in a neighborhood...yes, a neighborhood. The grass airstrip is between two rows of houses (about 25-30-ish homes) that all have attached hangars!!!!! :joyfull:
A good buddy of his lives there, and is the airstrip manager. We just did a touch and go there.

Next, we climbed up to 2,000 ft. Then he asked if I wanted to go touch the clouds.
"Heck yea!!!" was my response!!!
So he had me go to full power and trim it out to climb. It was a nice easy climb, and even though the clouds looked low from the ground, the bottoms turned out to be at about 4,800 ft. As we got up to 5,000 ft. he had me maneuvering around the clouds. He was watching other air traffic to make sure we were clear, and then he finally pointed at a cloud and said "Let's go touch that one!" As we were approaching it, he told me to put out my left hand (my right hand was still on the stick ;)) to, literally, touch the cloud. As we came out the other side, he told me to rub my fingers together...yep, moist. I "touched" a cloud flying at 5,000 ft. Sooo flippin' cool...!!!!! :joyfull:

There was also, obviously, quite a temperature difference from the ground to 5,000 ft. It was about 85* on the ground at the time, and we estimated it was about 35-40* cooler at 5,000 ft. He was wearing a t-shirt, shorts, and tennis shoes, I was wearing same, except for a Hawaiian-style button down shirt. It was brisk, but, felt good! :)

Once we got back near the airport towards the end to finish the flight, I also got to completely land on the second to last circuit, and then takeoff and land on the last one, and...WE LIVED...!!!!!!! :hilarious: :D ;) :)

Yet again, l can't even express how cool this was...I am hooked!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull:

And, I can't thank my wonderful, beautiful family enough. They're the best, and I'm one damn :oops: ;) lucky man...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy:
That does sound awesome! Didn’t know a gyroplane could go that high. Glad youhad an amazing day and shared some pics. :)
Not trying to be a Debbie Downer here, just curious because I don't remember, but, wasn't that the type of plane that John Denver was flying when he ran out of fuel and crashed? (or something, I forget)
That was a very sad day.

Goofyernmost

It just now occurred to me that two years ago today I spent the day in Disneyland Paris. My how time does fly bye!
DSC00766.jpg
If it looks like the clothes I am wearing were slept in... it is possible. We had flown in from Raleigh to Paris the day (kinda) before via Iceland to Paris. I don't know how many hours that took, wasn't keeping track, but, that picture was taken after very little sleep and no chance to unpack anything. In fact, my eyes might have been closed behind the dark glasses.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom