The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Speaking of chicken, I just got done having dinner with rice and gravy and chicken breast.

Yum. I've had a taste for stuffing lately. My Gran when I was young taught me how to make Irish Stuffing. Seems more often than not my favorite meals are things Gran taught me how to make. There are not any recipes or measurements, everything was created by 'look' and 'taste'

Gabe1

Yes. That rain was crazy, and was driving me crazy. DS and DH had no idea how much rain, as they were at the CSO. And if I had to listen to over flowing gutters again, I am pretty sure I would have lost it. Next day, DS discovered through the magic of FB that the building on campus that houses the school of music flooded. Luckily his locker (where his trumpet and coronet live) are on the third floor. Apparently, somoeone sounded the alarm, because they were able to move some of the bigger stuff before it got wet.

And with ManChild in for a wedding I had asked him clean the gutters : ) Luckily ours never get mucky, just leafs blocking the downspouts. My gutters when they overflow go right into the window wells. So I lucked out this time.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
And dinner is complete.
DMTRDzjWAAERKms.jpg

Broiled chicken corn and Irish Stuffing

Looks good. What is Irish stuffing though?

StarWarsGirl

Yeah, anything can happen anywhere and the craziness that happened a while back has not quite left the minds of many yet. But it is like Chicago. We head in many times a year and I love it. But I choose my areas wisely where I go. For all the hoopla that is being spoken to about Chicago and their murder rates overwhelmingly it is in a section of a huge City. If you could see the amount of people that commute to Chicago everyday from the suburbs and back again they would see how safe the majority is, but that isn't what is reported. Certainly someone has to figure a way to get a handle on the area that is nutso dangerous. There seems to be pockets in places like Baltimore, Chicago, NY, NOLA, LA and even Orlando and Miami that just get stereo typed as Danger Everywhere.
Baltimore probably has more pockets than other cities, and the racial tension hasn't helped any, but like you said, thousands go there daily with no issues. We're down there a lot for O's games, my dad sometimes has to go to court down there, and one of my friends works in Fells Point. She and I are going to see Lion King at the Hippodrome next month, and our parents have zero concern about us being in the city at night. Of course, given that we went all the way to California...

There are precautions you take. I carry pepper spray with me. Never have had to use it, but you never know. To me, if I'm on my own, it's common sense to have it.

@MySmallWorldof4 should have no issues. Coppin is in one of the better areas of the city. Oh, and @MySmallWorldof4 , if you do decide you wanna see more of the city, Inner Harbor. Lovely area, lots of security, and probably the most beautiful part of the city.

MySmallWorldof4

Baltimore probably has more pockets than other cities, and the racial tension hasn't helped any, but like you said, thousands go there daily with no issues. We're down there a lot for O's games, my dad sometimes has to go to court down there, and one of my friends works in Fells Point. She and I are going to see Lion King at the Hippodrome next month, and our parents have zero concern about us being in the city at night. Of course, given that we went all the way to California...

There are precautions you take. I carry pepper spray with me. Never have had to use it, but you never know. To me, if I'm on my own, it's common sense to have it.

@MySmallWorldof4 should have no issues. Coppin is in one of the better areas of the city. Oh, and @MySmallWorldof4 , if you do decide you wanna see more of the city, Inner Harbor. Lovely area, lots of security, and probably the most beautiful part of the city.
Thanks! I may hitch a ride with another family to go down there. They know the area cause they lived near there for years. We also have a competition in the Inner Harbor in April. Been to the aquarium there. Nice area. Also have 2 in Upper Marlboro. Loads of driving and those are the closer ones.:eek:

Gabe1

Looks good. What is Irish stuffing though?

Irish stuffing unlike most stuffing is made with the whites of very fresh bread (never bread crumbs) The white bread slices are ripped into smaller pieces and then moistened with water (not drenched though) eggs are added and mixed in, actually squished into the bread. You keep squishing through fingers (I use deli gloves) until the bread no longer looks like bread and almost looks like a very heavy batter. Chopped Celery and Onion is then added and squished into the mixture. A 10 x 13 inch pan filled about 3 inches tall will take usually 2 hours to bake at 400 degrees. It will rise. It needs to rest about 15 minutes when it comes out of oven for the stuffing to absorb the water from the onion and celery.

When done it has a nice bread crust ontop and you scoop it out the stuffing is very moist and just kinda melts in your mouth. I love it as does my family. Growing up with this kind of stuffing they find the bread crumb stuffings too dry. We went through a half a tray. Nothing will be left of it likely by tomorrow night. So good. :hungry:

Gabe1

I think I hear that one every time at the Laugh Floor.

We didn't do Laugh this trip, on purpose.

My DD and I went to Disney for her sweet 16th. My DS was doing a college program and it was Thanksgiving and we had not seen him since he was inducted in August. Because it was her birthday he had a friend that worked there that had him seat her in a particular row. She was then one of the themed guests to be picked on. Neither my DD or I had ever done Laugh so we didn't know what it was about until it started unfolding. My DD walk in life in situations like this is to be invisible and there she was being called upon and on the big screens.

So this trip with everything being walk ons because of Irma at the MK we knew Laugh would be close to empty. Our master planner of vacations (I gladly passed that gauntlet) did not schedule in Laugh or even recommend as a filler option. She knew what she wasn't going to let happen again almost a decade later. :joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
I hope you decided to take the stroller, you can also pack things inside of the stroller, like bags.
In some ways having natural born park commandos was great. We could open and close any theme park no stroller needed from the age of 2 on:joyfull: The downside no stroller for carting gear:( The upside we have been able to get away with one backpack since James was 2:joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom