The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Not only did the bully girl not move, her seat is to the left right behind my son. She'd better not pull anything. He has a substitute teacher for a while because the regular teacher's mother died a few weeks ago and her MIL died last week. So she's not starting off the school with them and I don't know the substitute. I hope she's strict and pays attention like the regular teacher does! (DD had her last year, so I know she doesn't put up with anything.)
Sympathy like. sending prayers and pixie dust in hopes the teachers stay on top of the problem child
sitting on top of :angelic:

Figgy1

Premium Member
I officially hate Nascar. I found out why the farm market Friday was a bit of a bust. Besides the awful weather it seems a couple of vendors had orders from people stocking up for the race over the weekend(we're close enough some people rent RVs and make a weekend of it) and some had orders in for their eclipse parties.

Cesar R M

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Not only did the bully girl not move, her seat is to the left right behind my son. She'd better not pull anything. He has a substitute teacher for a while because the regular teacher's mother died a few weeks ago and her MIL died last week. So she's not starting off the school with them and I don't know the substitute. I hope she's strict and pays attention like the regular teacher does! (DD had her last year, so I know she doesn't put up with anything.)

Sorry that she is not moving. Hopefully she has matured a little.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Well, I gave into peer pressure. Okay I lied there was no peer pressure. So I gave into my inner curiosity and watched a little of the eclipse. I was rainy and cloudy and then the skies cleared about an hour before it was going to start and I made my viewing box. But I wasn't satisfied with that so I got my special glasses and I snuck 5 quick looks with the glasses. I also watched a little bit on CNN. I figured being the science teacher and all I should see something with my own eyes. I think our coverage was about 80-84%, it didn't get totally dark here but it got a little eerie. It was totally a different type of darkening than like a storm or regular clouds.

I was a little scared because our weather girl said it might cause bats to possibly come out! :eek:And you all know how much a love those!;) Good thing the weather girl doesn't always know what she's talking about.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Enjoy. I am back today. Already drama. Least of which is not having to keep everyone in at recess because of the eclipse. Happy first day of school. Get back in your classroom kid.

Ick that you are already back, did you have inservice last week then? We get kids on the 1st after 4 days of inservice, which I'm not happy about at all. Why should the kids come for ONE day and then we have a three day weekend?! I was totally not down with that.

Were you not allowed to take the kids out to watch the eclipse? I was kind of glad I didn't have to worry about doing supervision of kids during an eclipse. What age group do you work with again?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Ok, this is funny.. in the routers stream.. there is a Religious guy in preacher costume.. standing next to a F14 (Tomcat I think), on top of an aircraft carrier...

Weird. Maybe he thinks the end of the world is coming with the eclipse. That reminds me of an article I read yesterday about some of the Native American groups here in the US and the eclipse. Many of the tribes in the Southwest do not think it is appropriate to watch the eclipse and think of it as the sun's rebirth. Here is the article is anyone is interested, I thought it was interesting.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/tribes-hope-renewal-solar-eclipse-not-watch-133201395.html

MOXOMUMD

Well, I gave into peer pressure. Okay I lied there was no peer pressure. So I gave into my inner curiosity and watched a little of the eclipse. I was rainy and cloudy and then the skies cleared about an hour before it was going to start and I made my viewing box. But I wasn't satisfied with that so I got my special glasses and I snuck 5 quick looks with the glasses. I also watched a little bit on CNN. I figured being the science teacher and all I should see something with my own eyes. I think our coverage was about 80-84%, it didn't get totally dark here but it got a little eerie. It was totally a different type of darkening than like a storm or regular clouds.

I was a little scared because our weather girl said it might cause bats to possibly come out! :eek:And you all know how much a love those!;) Good thing the weather girl doesn't always know what she's talking about.
It got dark here like a thunderstorm. The Weather Channel is broadcasting cruise coverage from Oasis of the Seas in the Caribbean.

Figgy1

Premium Member
At least she has a bus. Jrs/srs have to make arrangements to get to school.
Yikes. All our kids have a bus except those across the street from the schools and they have crossing guards. When I was a kid we all walked and some kids were a mile from school, no buses at all in my little town. One of my friends walked uphill going and coming from school because of where the doors were:hilarious: How far are you from the school.

MOXOMUMD

Yikes. All our kids have a bus except those across the street from the schools and they have crossing guards. When I was a kid we all walked and some kids were a mile from school, no buses at all in my little town. One of my friends walked uphill going and coming from school because of where the doors were:hilarious: How far are you from the school.
We are the furthest opposite from her school. It would help if our schools were by each other but nooo. Kindergarten and elementary schools are in downtown. Middle school is way out on the west side. The high school is way out on the east side with the county vocational school. The football stadium is on the north side. We live on the farthest southern border of town. :grumpy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom