The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MouseDreaming

Ick that you are already back, did you have inservice last week then? We get kids on the 1st after 4 days of inservice, which I'm not happy about at all. Why should the kids come for ONE day and then we have a three day weekend?! I was totally not down with that.

Were you not allowed to take the kids out to watch the eclipse? I was kind of glad I didn't have to worry about doing supervision of kids during an eclipse. What age group do you work with again?
I am in charge of all the wonderful people who come in and supervise the kids during lunch, so the teachers can relax, eat, and use the bathroom.:) So no inservice, but a 2 hour meeting with everyone to get ready for the new year.

I don't blame you for that. I thought Wisconsin law says no start before Labor Day, except...I can't remember but I think it has to do with if Labor Day is late. To be honest, maybe I am making that all up. 1 actual school day is kind of silly. But, as I like to say, nobody asked us!

A lot of parents came and picked up there kids to bring them out to see the eclipse, but no we weren't taking them out. Doesn't sound like the regular room teachers were taking them out, either. My DD is at the high school now, and they are only letting kids out for viewing if they happen to have science after 4th period. She of course has science 4th period, so she just missed it. I boogied home so I could see it with DS. We made a quick box viewer this morning.

betty rose

Good morning all! Another cool and rainy morning here. I'm trying to enjoy the calm morning because the next few days will not be calm, but in a good way. My niece is coming to visit until Sunday, she is 12 and easy going but still keeping her entertained is fun but tiring. Our town festival is this weekend so that includes some stuff to do. I think we will take her to the Arborteum, she will like all the plants and flowers. She also likes eating at the bar in our town, they have really good food, and tonight is $2 taco night (huge tacos). My niece's favorite food is tacos so she will be beyond thrilled!
You have planned a nice time for her. I hope you both have fun.

betty rose

Today's breakfast...traditional and cinnamon roll pancakes

DHeN3jiUQAAEbeC.jpg

Slurp

DHeNyquUAAABcjA.jpg
Great pictures. Now I need breakfast.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Yikes. All our kids have a bus except those across the street from the schools and they have crossing guards. When I was a kid we all walked and some kids were a mile from school, no buses at all in my little town. One of my friends walked uphill going and coming from school because of where the doors were:hilarious: How far are you from the school.
Sheesh kids have it easy nowadays. I remember having to walk 5 miles uphill to school sun,rain or snow. Then had to walk 5 miles home uphill at the end of the day.

betty rose

I could use a bit of pixie dust if anyone has some to spare. I heard there is a rumor that one of DS's bullies may have moved to Belgium and I REALLY want it to be true, because she's a huge ring leader among the bullies. She's the one who warned the new girl not to play with DS and who started bullying said new girl because she didn't listen. If this girl is gone, her cronies aren't smart enough to come up with new ways to torture him themselves and they might not be so daring...maybe DS can have his friend back.
I hope so, for his sake. Bullies have no place in society.

Songbird76

Well, carp. Hoping for the best, and sending lots of pixie dust your way.
Thanks. I was not happy to hear she's seated so close to him. We'll see how it goes. I think the worse problem at the moment is that the school building isn't completely finished....they have no bike racks, they don't have any playground equipment, and the grounds are so small anyway, I don't know where they will fit everything. DD said she got confused with the bathroom because they don't have signs up yet to tell you if it's for girls or boys. I almost got run over crossing the street this morning because the crossing guards weren't ready and even though bikes and pedestrians are supposed to have right of way there, some guy in a work van didn't want to wait, so I had to hit my brakes to avoid a collision. And there was someone who was supposed to be outside waiting to direct us where to go when we got there, since it's a new building and everything, but they weren't out early enough and we ended up having to go all the way around, not knowing there was a closer entrance to the parking lot...they had traffic blockades there so I thought it was to keep us from going there and it turned out that's where we were SUPPOSED to come in, but there were no signs or anything. Just really unorganized. I hope they at least get playground equipment soon and bike racks!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thanks. I was not happy to hear she's seated so close to him. We'll see how it goes. I think the worse problem at the moment is that the school building isn't completely finished....they have no bike racks, they don't have any playground equipment, and the grounds are so small anyway, I don't know where they will fit everything. DD said she got confused with the bathroom because they don't have signs up yet to tell you if it's for girls or boys. I almost got run over crossing the street this morning because the crossing guards weren't ready and even though bikes and pedestrians are supposed to have right of way there, some guy in a work van didn't want to wait, so I had to hit my brakes to avoid a collision. And there was someone who was supposed to be outside waiting to direct us where to go when we got there, since it's a new building and everything, but they weren't out early enough and we ended up having to go all the way around, not knowing there was a closer entrance to the parking lot...they had traffic blockades there so I thought it was to keep us from going there and it turned out that's where we were SUPPOSED to come in, but there were no signs or anything. Just really unorganized. I hope they at least get playground equipment soon and bike racks!
{{HUGS}} to all

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I am in charge of all the wonderful people who come in and supervise the kids during lunch, so the teachers can relax, eat, and use the bathroom.:) So no inservice, but a 2 hour meeting with everyone to get ready for the new year.

I don't blame you for that. I thought Wisconsin law says no start before Labor Day, except...I can't remember but I think it has to do with if Labor Day is late. To be honest, maybe I am making that all up. 1 actual school day is kind of silly. But, as I like to say, nobody asked us!

A lot of parents came and picked up there kids to bring them out to see the eclipse, but no we weren't taking them out. Doesn't sound like the regular room teachers were taking them out, either. My DD is at the high school now, and they are only letting kids out for viewing if they happen to have science after 4th period. She of course has science 4th period, so she just missed it. I boogied home so I could see it with DS. We made a quick box viewer this morning.

Wisconsin law is that we can't start school until September first or after Labor Day, whichever comes first. A couple of surrounding schools started last week with special permission because they have construction projects planned for Spring/Summer of 2018, which this year it would totally blow to have to go back so early but come May it would be nice!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
You have planned a nice time for her. I hope you both have fun.

We had a great time. It was sadness and a relief when she left. I kept thinking she was in the room last night, but when I went to say something to her she wasn't there. Crazy how we get used to something/someone being around so quickly!

Hi everyone. Today was the eye doctor. Tomorrow is the blood draw. Results by the end of the week.

I hope all goes well at the doctor. Will you be getting that kidney test redone?

betty rose

We had a great time. It was sadness and a relief when she left. I kept thinking she was in the room last night, but when I went to say something to her she wasn't there. Crazy how we get used to something/someone being around so quickly!

I hope all goes well at the doctor. Will you be getting that kidney test redone?
Yes, the Doctor ordered another test, just for kidneys.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom