The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
talk about magic right there....something temporary that actually was temporary.
By law these have to go to tax referendum and voted yes or no by community members during a general election. They referendum must state if it is a forever or the length. Ours always seem to be temporary

Our area invests heavily in Park Districts and Education along with our Fire Dept.

Gabe1

It's a fair point on their end. IMO year round school needs to be paired with less/no homework for most school courses.
Year round schools have the same amount of days off for vacation just compiled differently. If a kid can't decompress in a shortened 6 week summer it is more than school that has a kid unable to handle learning

I believe in homework. I don't believe in burying students in it. Math facts, spelling, reading need reinforcement. Still just enough to reinforce concepts taught that day. It sets the concepts in as a review or demonstrates which students grasped or didn't

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Year round schools have the same amount of days off for vacation just compiled differently. If a kid can't decompress in a shortened 6 week summer it is more than school that has a kid unable to handle learning

I believe in homework. I don't believe in burying students in it. Math facts, spelling, reading need reinforcement. Still just enough to reinforce concepts taught that day. It sets the concepts in as a review or demonstrates which students grasped or didn't

I agree with this. I helped my friend's kids one year and was shocked at the amount of homework they had. They'd get home from school and basically do homework until bedtime, with *maybe* a half an hour to watch tv or take a walk outside. The weekend was the only playing time they had. I think some subjects definitely need reinforcement outside of the classroom, but I also think less overall homework would be a really great step in the right direction.

MOXOMUMD

While they are building behind France and a open pad.
They seem to be using a big chunk of the current open pad pavilion, which means one less country? unless they just add smaller things there.

Man, I really wanted them to add another country too. Like brazil!
I thought the insiders said Brazil is still happening just delayed that's why it wasn't a D23 announcement.

Gabe1

While they are building behind France and a open pad.
They seem to be using a big chunk of the current open pad pavilion, which means one less country? unless they just add smaller things there.

Man, I really wanted them to add another country too. Like brazil!
Plenty of room in WS for multi countries. A new country? I will believe when built. Been down this road before I remember that tree.

Gabe1

I agree with this. I helped my friend's kids one year and was shocked at the amount of homework they had. They'd get home from school and basically do homework until bedtime, with *maybe* a half an hour to watch tv or take a walk outside. The weekend was the only playing time they had. I think some subjects definitely need reinforcement outside of the classroom, but I also think less overall homework would be a really great step in the right direction.
I agree.

FutureCEO

@FutureCEO are you still upset about us getting the rat? We're all quite happy about it in my house because it looks like it will not impact France except as an addition in another area which we hope will thin the crowds in the other areas there. I'm hoping against hope rat merchandise will be moved out of the kitchen wares store.
I may or may not have quite a few useful items from there

Doesn't not belong in Epcot. Although that saying is a little mute at this point after Mexico and Norway. Whatever happened to actually showcasing the country.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Doesn't not belong in Epcot. Although that saying is a little mute at this point after Mexico and Norway. Whatever happened to actually showcasing the country.
Demand is what happened. Some like the showcasing, others are bored with it. Such is life.

Truth. Epcot wouldn't even be on our itinerary if it weren't for the IPs. I really understand the sentiment attached to the historic Epcot classics, but first timers like us won't get the draw.

Songbird76

That seems a bit over the top. My kids have never needed to bring home any homework. They get it done in class. Except for reports/presentations. And they do have things they can review for....like topography, spelling (not anymore, but they used to), history...they get a paper with key words on it. DD is very good about it, DS is not. But that's the only thing they've ever brought home. They've GOT to have time to be kids.

betty rose

I need to clean my computer room. Sometimes I wonder where all the dust comes from. It also doesn't help when the birds throw their feathers and seeds everywhere. I have been crocheting a lot lately, when the bird/conure is out. However, I need to do some cleaning and vacuuming tonite. Suddenly I am in the mood. Looking forward to the birthday party that I am going to on Sunday. Should be fun, and I get to see family I haven't seen since Christmas. I wish our family was closer than what they are. I have one niece who texts me all the time. Not exactly my niece. She is the granddaughter of my late brother. Does that make her a niece, or a great niece? Probably something else. Anyway. Her little boy is turning one. Looking forward to seeing her.
I'm so glad you are having some fun. Our family fell apart after my Grandmother died. They saw no need to do anything more. It was so sad. I have so many memories from fun times during the holiday's....each sister would host the holiday's each year.

betty rose

Got my first shot today. Not to be crude but it's about an inch to the left of the top of my buttcrack and I have a bruised cheek. They told me I was too dehydrated for an IV so no sedation. They sprayed me down with some stuff and I thought of you and buried my face in the pillow. They did put my legs in restraints because the nerves were making me kick like a mad horse. Boyhowdy I knew when they were putting in the meds but it was 15 minutes tops. The nurse gave me a pop and Oreos for doing so well. :joyfull:
Those are very painful, I hope the next one goes better. I got orange juice. I didn't want it though. Oreo's are the best , along with pop!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom