The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
True, but, new schools have been built with AC, if for no other reason to keep teachers happy. If your area doesn't have AC then the summer off schedule will probably continue to be the system used. In the south, most schools have AC if they were built after 1990.
Any without have all been turned into Senior Centers because everyone knows that old people have poor circulation and need heat.;)

We are Hamlet, a tiny tiny community. When our schools were built we did not have A/C. In the 1980s we the community passed a tax referendum for an upgrade to have our schools to have A/C for both the staff and the students. It passed overwhelmingly. Our property taxes went up to cover modern day school buildings which most restaurants, homes, offices and stores are afforded, it was a no brainer for investing in education for our community. It was a temporary tax increase and 3 years later the tax increase was repealed. To our community it mattered and we are Northern.

My Sis lives in Ohio. My niece went to a high end private college prep school. They had 3 schools within one of the all girls school. Kprep - 4th grade, middle school, then high school. Oddly the Kprep-4th school didn't have A/C but the older kids 2 buildings did. It is all in what the adults consider worthy in both private and public school systems. Any school can be retrofitted if the community desires. Our Middle School was built in 1939 and has central A/C. The other two buildings were not built with A/C in 1958 and 1959. We had parents here that were willing to advocate for their students and their voices were heard. Decades later the students and staff have benefited from a forward thinking community.

Gabe1

It's our last D23 Expo day, it has been great. We didn't do any of the big panels as we wanted to focus on other things. We did a panel with Richard Sherman yesterday about a book based on his song a kiss goodnight and he sang and played some songs it was fantastic! Today should be a good day too.

@MinnieM123 there is a Minnie fashion display so I too a bunch of pictures for you, most are on my regular camera but here is a teaser....
View attachment 215798

And maybe you would like this car?
View attachment 215799

And last night we went to Disneyland for a couple hours... never dull.

View attachment 215800

How Fun. Can't wait to hear more.

Gabe1

Here is an "I have never seen this before" picture. Two boys dunking there heads in Cinderella's fountain.
View attachment 215812

Oh that is nothing. Just look at what Joe Rohde does with his own kid. Children to start with are not allowed in parks according to park rules allowed to be lacking clothing or shoes let alone have parents place their kids into a freak'n fountain at WDW. This fountain no longer exists as seen below. Reason, parents.

Gabe1

Pretty hot and humid here today. Already back at the cabin, but we did a lot. Went on Jungle Cruise. Capt. Jason was great. Very punny. :) Walked the Treehouse, Aladdin, POTC, BTMR, got some churros, pretzels, dole whip float:hungry:, saw the Country Bears, saw The Muppets, and left by 11:30. Dh had to switch out our golf cart. The battery was draining too quick. Going to DD or DS, whatever you wish to call it. Going to eat at the Polite Pig, I think. ;)

Yum. Your review?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I've sat on our school board for many years. The statistics are fuzzy. It depends on who is configuring the statistics and what their recommendation is going to be. Statistics are funny funny thing. If it was 100% true kids would all be in year round school. Many areas around us have at least one building doing year round. Our school can't get into considering the possibility. Our teachers Union
is dig your heels in the ground not open for discussion. I like the concept but so not willing to do a teachers strike without a contract to even put it on the table.
Their statistics make these kids look like village idiots for not having enough time to decompress from the stress of 'learning.' It is all in the presentation and how the statistics are compiled.

It's a fair point on their end. IMO year round school needs to be paired with less/no homework for most school courses.

Songbird76

DD and SonIL visited (among other places, and as they also had last summer) the Cologne Cathedral. The color is from heavy allied bombing during WW II.

View attachment 215840

If anyone is interested, scroll down to "World War II and post-war history", or read the whole article. :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cologne_Cathedral
That is a gorgeous Cathedral. We went there for our anniversary when I was pregnant with DS. Well, we went to Cologne, and that was one of the places we visited. Poor DH...I had some mobility problems during pregnancy and I was in a wheelchair, but you don't get a handicap sticker when you rent a wheelchair. So we had to park at the bottom of this hill and DH had to push me up the hill in the wheelchair. He was pretty exhausted by the time we got to the top...I think he'd have quite liked to have a wheelchair of his own.

Figgy1

Premium Member
That, as well as KSC and the National Air and Space are on the list!
So much list, so little time...!!! :confused:
I LOVE FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull: :D :)

And, if I'm lucky enough for God to grace me with another 20-30 years of healthy life, the ultimate for me would be to take a flight into space, someday...!!! :happy: :geek: :)
You forgot the annex for A&S:rolleyes: You could spend about 5 days in the DC area doing nothing but space exploration:joyfull: I'm wondering if you're as excited as my guys for the new space restaurant?

Figgy1

Premium Member
We have air compressor thingy. He one day decided to use it to blow out my DS $1200 laptop to get the dust out. DOA. I hate these toys. I put my foot down on the power washer. I feared my Cedar, brick and concrete. We really have no use with our home for a power washer for anything. Toys :facepalm: I also curse the day Harbor Freight was born. :cautious:
My dh knows how to adjust the settings for computers, he even has a special adapter, so I don't even have to think about cleaning electronics or my blow dryer. The pressure washer he got isn't too strong but strong enough to get what we need done and I can clean 2nd story windows all by myself from a step ladder:joyfull: That being said he doesn't get much at HF(most of their stuff is junkier than other stores) but I curse our local hardware store, Lowes and Home Depot

Figgy1

Premium Member
@FutureCEO are you still upset about us getting the rat? We're all quite happy about it in my house because it looks like it will not impact France except as an addition in another area which we hope will thin the crowds in the other areas there. I'm hoping against hope rat merchandise will be moved out of the kitchen wares store.
I may or may not have quite a few useful items from there

MySmallWorldof4

Yum. Your review?
I totally recommend The Polite Pig. First, the 6 of us ate for $53. We had one kids meal shared between 2 kids. I had 3 sides, the watermelon salad, brussels sprouts, and roasted corn. Dh had the fried chicken sandwich, ds had the kids ribs, and dd15 had the chicken wings. They were more like drumettes and there were 6 or 7 of them. Loads of meat. Dh was very pleased with the meal especially considering we were sort of arguing about where to eat. But all was good in the end. Plenty of seating as well and we were there just after 12. Maybe 12:30?
IMG_1975.JPG IMG_1976.JPG

Cesar R M

@FutureCEO are you still upset about us getting the rat? We're all quite happy about it in my house because it looks like it will not impact France except as an addition in another area which we hope will thin the crowds in the other areas there. I'm hoping against hope rat merchandise will be moved out of the kitchen wares store.
I may or may not have quite a few useful items from there
While they are building behind France and a open pad.
They seem to be using a big chunk of the current open pad pavilion, which means one less country? unless they just add smaller things there.

Man, I really wanted them to add another country too. Like brazil!

Gabe1

I totally recommend The Polite Pig. First, the 6 of us ate for $53. We had one kids meal shared between 2 kids. I had 3 sides, the watermelon salad, brussels sprouts, and roasted corn. Dh had the fried chicken sandwich, ds had the kids ribs, and dd15 had the chicken wings. They were more like drumettes and there were 6 or 7 of them. Loads of meat. Dh was very pleased with the meal especially considering we were sort of arguing about where to eat. But all was good in the end. Plenty of seating as well and we were there just after 12. Maybe 12:30?
View attachment 215942 View attachment 215943
Awesome. Everything look so fresh and generous too

Gabe1

My dh knows how to adjust the settings for computers, he even has a special adapter, so I don't even have to think about cleaning electronics or my blow dryer. The pressure washer he got isn't too strong but strong enough to get what we need done and I can clean 2nd story windows all by myself from a step ladder:joyfull: That being said he doesn't get much at HF(most of their stuff is junkier than other stores) but I curse our local hardware store, Lowes and Home Depot
Yep they have been in that oh no list for years

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom