The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I hope he gets all the support he needs and the school will finally put an end to the bullying.
I hope so! The school was involved in the testing process and the meeting yesterday. We discussed DS doing a presentation about it to help his classmates understand why he breaks down sometimes, and what it is that's hard. There's a boy in his class who has autism and he did a presentation about it, and the kids are pretty understanding about why he's different. DS LOVES to do presentations...he did one yesterday about Chess and had so much fun....he couldn't WAIT to do it. (so opposite of most kids) So a presentation might actually be right up his alley. We'll see, but in any case, he'll be getting therapy to help him learn the skills he's missing and that should at least make him less of a target when he learns how to handle those situations instead of having a meltdown.

betty rose

I'm sorry. Has she been gone long? I'm lucky that my MIL fills the void for me a lot. She really is a mom to me and she does things for my kids sometimes in my mom's name, since my mom isn't here to do them. So I miss my mom, but it's not the sharp pain on mother's day that it might be if I didn't have a mother figure at all. I buy my mom flowers for her birthday/anniversary of her death every year. (only a couple of weeks apart) I guess I should by flowers for mother's day, too...
I think father's day is going to be the hard one for me this year.
I'm sorry about losing your dad. The first couple years were rough, when I lost my parents. I like to think that they are in a much better place.

StarWarsGirl

Whelp, I wasn't going to, but it looks like I'm going to WDW in August. I have to take a week without pay, but oh well. If I don't take any time off, I think I will burn out.

I have to fly down separately from my family because they have a Friday morning flight, and it happens to be the Friday morning that I have a monthly meeting that I can't miss, so I'll fly down that evening. I was planning on flying back the following Sunday...until I discovered that it was half a day's pay cheaper to fly back on Monday instead of over the weekend. Then I discovered Monday's fare back was so cheap that I could use my frequent flyer miles and pay nothing. So Monday it is, and work completely understood. They can figure out how to get along without me for one additional day.

betty rose

Whelp, I wasn't going to, but it looks like I'm going to WDW in August. I have to take a week without pay, but oh well. If I don't take any time off, I think I will burn out.

I have to fly down separately from my family because they have a Friday morning flight, and it happens to be the Friday morning that I have a monthly meeting that I can't miss, so I'll fly down that evening. I was planning on flying back the following Sunday...until I discovered that it was half a day's pay cheaper to fly back on Monday instead of over the weekend. Then I discovered Monday's fare back was so cheap that I could use my frequent flyer miles and pay nothing. So Monday it is, and work completely understood. They can figure out how to get along without me for one additional day.
I'm glad that you get to go, have fun in August. Who knows, this year it may be cool by then. I'll hope that for you and the family....pixie dust...for nice weather! I hope you get an eating deal.

Cesar R M

Yikes girl!
how many times have you been at disney?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom