The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

I'm glad that you get to go, have fun in August. Who knows, this year it may be cool by then. I'll hope that for you and the family....pixie dust...for nice weather! I hope you get an eating deal.
Yeah, the eating deal is "my parents will pay for my food.":hilarious:

They pay for food if I'm with them, so if I'm at a baseball game, on vacation, or otherwise eating with them, they pay for it. If I'm out to eat not with them, I pay. So for instance, when I was in DL, I paid for my food, but when I was in WDW, they paid. Well, except for alcohol.

I pay for my pass and airfare, and souveniers, of course.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
"just 4" :hilarious:

This is for only this year, right? XD

dear god, 51 trips to WDW!!! D:

Oh I think you need to follow our beloved @Tuvalu

I'm trying to remember correctly but it was like she had a trip every month last year and a few where she was home a week and back to The World again. She writes the funniest trip reports and sometime her commentary on guests she spies is brilliantly funny.

Any Who Tuvalu makes @StarWarsGirl seem like a rookie newbie ;)

Cesar R M

Yeah, the eating deal is "my parents will pay for my food.":hilarious:

They pay for food if I'm with them, so if I'm at a baseball game, on vacation, or otherwise eating with them, they pay for it. If I'm out to eat not with them, I pay. So for instance, when I was in DL, I paid for my food, but when I was in WDW, they paid. Well, except for alcohol.

I pay for my pass and airfare, and souveniers, of course.
can you stuff me in your baggage? lol

Cesar R M

Oh I think you need to follow our beloved @Tuvalu

I'm trying to remember correctly but it was like she had a trip every month last year and a few where she was home a week and back to The World again. She writes the funniest trip reports and sometime her commentary on guests she spies is brilliantly funny.

Any Who Tuvalu makes @StarWarsGirl seem like a rookie newbie ;)
Dear god, how much money they have ? o_o
Or are they related to CMs?

Gabe1

Thanks...it's hard, but I'm at peace about it...he was 84, so he had a good long life. And I just saw him last Summer, so I have no regrets like "Oh if only I had gone and seen him one more time". And we found out that the mine was making him move off the ranch...he sold the land (surface only) decades ago and he leased it back to live on. Now they are wanting to mine the coal adjacent to his house and so he was going to have to move. I'm thinking perhaps he just kind of had enough. To be 84 and faced with moving from the only home you've ever had, and having to give up the identity as "rancher", because he was going to have to sell all the cattle. I think he was done. The last thing I said to him was that I love him and to let me know what the doctor said, so he knew I cared. He went in his sleep...can't ask for much more than a peaceful exit at an old age, knowing your family loves you, right? I'm still sad and I miss him, but I'm coping.

I too believe people can to some extent will their final destiny, sometimes. Over the last few months I've noted a few things that came out of my Moms mouth. Out of the 12 kids there are 5 left, 2 older sisters and 2 younger brothers, either they died way too young or balance died in early in their early 80's which, she is 83 today. Eldest 90 now.

My Dad was a fighter and had no intention of ever leaving this earth. While him being gone leaves an empty hole there was zero quality of life there and inturn made my Mom have no quality of life and he was taking a toll on her health. So it is sad overall that he is gone I've made peace with that.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Winner of the Understatement of the day award!
Planes have been on my mind today because of the crash in NJ. It was down the street from where on of my friends used to live, I had a teacher that lived down the other end of the road and I worked briefly around the corner from that airport and had flown out of it many times. I haven't brought myself to find out all the details of the crash. I may not because from what I've gathered it was a very sad event.

Gabe1

Dear god, how much money they have ? o_o
Or are they related to CMs?

As far as I know they do not have any CMs in their family. They live only 6-8 hours away I believe so that helps and now like me their kids are grown, on their own and finished with college. Its a whole new world for empty nesters. You'd like her, she too is a 'Mom' to two kitties.

Gabe1

Planes have been on my mind today because of the crash in NJ. It was down the street from where on of my friends used to live, I had a teacher that lived down the other end of the road and I worked briefly around the corner from that airport and had flown out of it many times. I haven't brought myself to find out all the details of the crash. I may not because from what I've gathered it was a very sad event.

Yeah. I lived the next town over when the DC10 went down right across from Ohare years ago. My Sis lost her best friend in a small jet plane trying to land in NOLA during a storm. She was 17 years old. Then 9/11.... They all stick with ya.

This year I've blocked a lot of 'bad news' and I tend to watch the news than I use to. I at best listen to the radio that on the hour they spit it all out in under 5 minutes including sports and weather.

StarWarsGirl

I'm happy you get to go too! Will the rest of your family be staying longer? Most employers, especially good ones know new employees are coming to the firm with vacations planned.
Most good firms will not create bad will by saying no.

I did have to giggle at a young woman my kids both know very well: She took a job with a governmental body that has clear vacation pay rules and her Disney vacation next month is not covered at all...yet I heard her say she wonders if they will just pay her for the week. (She has been there since May 1st :hilarious:)
It wasn't said in a way that she expected that of them, just a pondering thought said outloud. Made me smile. :oops:
They're staying through to Saturday, so about five days longer.

The reason I don't get PTO is because I was hired through an agency, so technically, I'm their employee until September, then I transition to being an employee. I waved all of my benefits in favor of a higher salary. So not PTO. I have to take any time off as unpaid time. But oh well.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Sounds like a bunch of you were super productive today especially with your gardening. I'm jealous I haven't bought my plants yet, but I might this Thursday.

Kapono and I took a walk today we had to cut it short as westarted to get rained on, and I stopped to smell my neighbors lilacs(hers smells better than mine) and I saw a butterfly feeding on the nectar. That was pretty cool I took a couple pictures to share.
IMG_4180.JPG

IMG_4181.JPG

IMG_4182.JPG

And a picture of my lilac bush. It is the first time it has bloomed this much since I have loved here and it has been almost 12 years.
IMG_4183.JPG

By the way I would have tried to get better pictures but a little schnauzer kept pulling her leash that was on my wrist. I guess she saw home and wanted to get there.:)

donaldtoo

Currently watching "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory"! :)
Has anyone else ever noticed the Hidden Mickey's in these doors in the movie...?

image.png

I noticed them several years ago, but, can't remember if ever posted about them.
Not sure of it was intentional or not, but, Harper Goff was the Art Director for the movie...! ;) :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom