The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Have a great one yourselves. Can't remember the last time i bought a book (paper version). I find that kindle unlimited works wonders for me.

I have a Kindle that I love for some things but I don't know, there is something about a book in hand, just not the same as a kindle. I have many Disney Books and I just love paging through them.

Gabe1

I know what you mean. I am collecting a hardback set of Terry Pratchett (slowly) but i just find with the reading i do its easier on the kindle and with a monthly payment of £7.99 i can easily run through 10-20 books a month so its a good deal.
Oh Boy. Am I jealous of the time to be able to read 10-20 books a month. Wooba. As of late if I finish a novel in a month I'm blessed.

Gabe1

Ahhh, I love those cheesy videos and the days where men could where pink shirts.;) Could only get through the first 7 minutes though for now. My progeny interrupted. The nerve.:D

First thing I did was look at the length of time. Knew I was too tired to appreciate Epcot at its finest. My DD and I have a plan to pop it through her Apple TV and watch on her big TV.

Gabe1

Sympathy like. You had one of these "should have stayed in bed" days. Hopefully will get better on this weekend.

Had an eventful day on my side too.

1. Drove all the way to the other side of the bay.. To the government main branch office to get my permits picked up. I had paid online but you have to wait and then pick up the papers and authorization cards (and stickers).
  2. Then had to drive a looong way to get to the store that sold me the tires. They were packed with people.. decided to go elsewhere to check something else.
  3. Went to get my muffler fixed. Took me a bit to find it, since the place had a lot of repairs centers in the neighborhood.
  4. Fixed my "loose" car exhaust (muffler). Had to replace the entire thing, it was not only loose. Corrosion (salt is not friendly on metals, particularly chrome) had almost destroyed the exhaust silencer block. Took 1 hour and half to get an exhaust that fit.
  5. Used the time to search for a friend who lived nearby, couldn't find him. Decided to eat at my favourite restaurant (which ironically was just 2 easily walkable blocks away from the repaircenter)
  6. Had good foods, bought for mother too.
  7. Good suggested good places to repair the rest (A/C, which I think a rat or squirrel decided to make himself home in the A/c.. the a/c no longer works, and smells like putrid poo when turned on. Plus there was big seeds of fruits right in the engine outer block. And also a place to fix my window (electrical window damaged because some ahole tried to force it open to steal something in my car.
  8. Went back to the tire store, got refilled with Nitrogen, balanced..etc.. went back home.
  9. Was lucky all these places accepted credit card payment, as I have almost nothing in cash. And didnt had time to go to a bank.

Oy! :banghead:

Gabe1

I have a kindle and a tablet with a few books loaded and I can get books from the library for free for them, but i still like my real books better:joyfull:

And yet in the end I think our kids will be different. NewsPapers are already leaning this way. More and more schools are going full on tablets in lieu of paper text books. They grew up with tech so it is the norm.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Definitely not that nice here. I walked to McDonalds (the ONLY place within walking distance of my brother's house) in snow for lunch because my brother is at work and my brother-in-law is busy with preparations for his fraternity's centennial celebration this weekend, so he was at the frat house. I had no transportation, so I walked. It was just light snow, but it's snowed almost every day since I got here to Laramie.
Sympathy like. Sounds like you need something more powerful than a sling shot. Hope it warms a bit before you go home. Stay warm my friend.

Figgy1

Premium Member
And yet in the end I think our kids will be different. NewsPapers are already leaning this way. More and more schools are going full on tablets in lieu of paper text books. They grew up with tech so it is the norm.
There's still hope. James was a bit upset he missed the book sale yesterday. He still doesn't know I picked up a few books on his list:joyfull: Shhh I want a quiet vacation:D

Figgy1

Premium Member
Seeing everybody will be on much different schedules this summer and trying to do anything as a family except the long list of mandatory family functions will most likely not happen I came up with a plan to do fun things at home besides the pool. James has been asking to learn to sew for a month or two and my machine is not one to learn on so I asked my favorite shop owner to keep an eye out for an inexpensive learner machine. I got an email yesterday and one of the school machines he sells is being discontinued and he'll sell me the floor model for just the cost of the tune up and of course he backs everything he sells. Guess where I'm off to today:joyfull: There's also a quilt shop hop this summer for kids that James wants to do so we can do that on a few his non band days:joyfull: I also signed up my older ds for bowling which he missed out on last year due to our being away for so much of our summer. So between swimming on nice days, a few small jaunts, family functions and a large stack of books we'll have lots of fun on our staycation:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Dd stopped in her first year. She would go for a nap, but she laid in her crib and talked the whole time. We stopped the naps, when she climbed out of her crib, and fell on the floor. We got her a junior bed, and she went to her room to "rest". I would hear her moving around in the room. She was supposed to rest in her special bed. She rested when she got toy's and book's in the bed. She has never liked to waste time sleeping.:):):)

This is so funny, because it reminds me of a story my mother told me--about me when I was a little tyke. I had no patience at all for "naps" and by the time I was only about 1, I stopped. She'd put me in the crib for a nap, and she said that every time she'd come to see if I was sleeping peacefully, I'd be sitting up in bed fumbling with the blanket, or staring out the window, or up at the ceiling. She said I looked frustrated! :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I love that photo too. Happy to repost it for Figgy. He learned to walk the day before the trip so Toon was kinda made just for him.

Wow! I didn't realize he had only been walking for a few days!! How cute is that??!! That photo is such a keeper--an historical moment in time. I'm sure people with kids have plenty of those, but I'm so glad you've shared that photo a few times with us--I love it more every time I see it. :happy: :inlove:

MySmallWorldof4

Public Service Announcement:
Uni:
Get 2 days free when you buy a 2-Day Ticket!

Editorial: How to pull guests into their resort 4 days of a weeks vacation? I'm kinda liking their marketing especially as they launch a new waterpark.
I got that email from Undercover Tourist. I was kind of hoping it was for Disney, although their current Disney deals are not too bad. If only they brought back the "stay 4 days and get 2 free". That was a complete package. I miss the days of awesome deals. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom