The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Everyone deserves at least a mini-vacation. If they miss just 1-2 days (and then add in a weekend), that could be a nice break. I'm just thinking that not every other kid would have 100% attendance either, particularly in the summer months.
HA! I wish! Work and vacations are not considered excused. Maybe next summer we'll be able to schedule something but he can't as an incoming freshman:( It's not part of the regular course work so it's their way or the highway. We may do a very short weekend depending on my dh' crazy schedule leaving Friday night and getting home late Sunday but even that may not work out with my dh:mad::mad::mad::mad: I may be spending a lot of time at the pool by myself with an adult beverage or 3:joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
A kids area that will include a movie/video game space, multiple game tables, and down a half level (the main level of the house will drop off substantially at the back with the topography) to an area that will be for tumbling and gymnastics and such. A pool that will have a spa (of course), a beach, a jumping rock, a splash area somewhere near it, a grotto where you can sit and see the backside of water :D ;), and a water slide that you take down to a lap pool behind and below the main pool from steps to a platform above the grotto.

Wow, those kids will have a dream house. Had to smile, though, as I thought back about my siblings and me (4 of us) when we were kids. We had a (finished) basement where we'd play on rainy days. There was a large wooden box (about the size of a steamer trunk), that all our toys were in. Some toys were in good shape; others were older and had broken/missing parts, but still ended up in the toy box.

Yet, since we didn't have all the most expensive toys, it actually spurred us on to be more creative with what we had. So in that sense, I'm kinda glad we didn't have a trophy play area. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
That only works for the regular class schedule:(

Here you go!

chauffeur_transportation_img.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
Wow, those kids will have a dream house. Had to smile, though, as I thought back about my siblings and me (4 of us) when we were kids. We had a (finished) basement where we'd play on rainy days. There was a large wooden box (about the size of a steamer trunk), that all our toys were in. Some toys were in good shape; others were older and had broken/missing parts, but still ended up in the toy box.

Yet, since we didn't have all the most expensive toys, it actually spurred us on to be more creative with what we had. So in that sense, I'm kinda glad we didn't have a trophy play area. :)
We only had a semi finished basement. By semi I mean it had a ceiling and the floors and walls were nicely painted because once a year no matter what my parents did we seemed to get an inch or so of water in a small part of the back half, so that was as finished as it got. . It was always gone the next day thanks to the pump and fans:joyfull:. The furniture was yard furniture and everything was up off the floor just in case and my dad built a shelf for the television. I guess we were ahead of the curve having a mounted tv:hilarious:

MySmallWorldof4

It was an interesting gig and a true learning experience! No two ways about, it was work, and we worked our tails off. Anyone that was hired thinkin' it was gonna' be all Pixie Dust and sparkles all the time didn't last very long. But, we also did indeed create a lot of Disney Magic for guests of all ages and abilities, both individually and as a team...!!! :happy:
I remember, more than one time, a child entering the Store when I would be greeting and exclaiming "Disney World!!!!!!! :joyfull:" Sooo darn cute...! :)
I remember when they sold cells, too.
I actually own 5 Disney pieces (although, not cells :greedy: :greedy: :greedy: ;)).
I have 2 original (not copies of the photostats) Donald Duck model sheet photostats used by imagineers back in the early '40's, as well as one of Pluto, and one of Cleo's (the goldfish from Pinocchio) bowl, table/stand and partial Geppetto's house interior. The 5th piece is an original partial animation drawing of Donald Duck from a 1982 cartoon. :)

Thanks about that last part! :)
I sure hope they keep walkin' through our firms doors wantin' those multi-million-dollar compounds...!!! :hilarious:
Speaking of which ;), I started rough floor plan sketches on another monster last week. I forgot to take pics of the final rough presentation sketches I did for the client (I finished them a little after lunch yesterday), but here is a shot of some rough stuff...

View attachment 200171

It's gonna' be pretty off-the-chain.
Just a few highlights...
2 guest suites that are essentially multi-room apartments. A kids area that will include a movie/video game space, multiple game tables, and down a half level (the main level of the house will drop off substantially at the back with the topography) to an area that will be for tumbling and gymnastics and such. A pool that will have a spa (of course), a beach, a jumping rock, a splash area somewhere near it, a grotto where you can sit and see the backside of water :D ;), and a water slide that you take down to a lap pool behind and below the main pool from steps to a platform above the grotto.

It's just nuts the stuff we're doin' these days :confused:, but, I ain't complainin' 'cause the bills are bein' paid...!!! :happy: ;) :)
It is crazy what some people can afford. I don't begrudge them any success, just wonder what the heck do they do and what degree should my husband and me have gotten instead?:confused: My kids would love a room just for tumbling. I drag our plain tumbling mats into the family room so my 6 year old can practice.

MySmallWorldof4

Just for grins, a shot of one of my Donald Duck photostat model sheets from 1941...!!! :happy: :)

View attachment 200177
How in the heck did you get that? Pretty amazing!!!! I remember reading a blog from someone on Allears that as a kid he grew up near DL in the 50's. He saw many tossed animated cells in a garbage and wanted to take them but his mom said no. He regretted that in the article. I guess back then they saw cells as garbage and not art.

MySmallWorldof4

I understand, oh boy do I understand psychological assets Inside Out had for many with conditions that were able to relate to Inside Out, I could likely assign many of these to multiple members of my inlaw family. That said this wasn't marketed as a special education film, if it had I would have likely never have went to the theater to see it. We had many films growing up, to explain life to kids from Bobby grows facial hair to Suzy looks different why don't I kinda films.

I really hated Inside Out, I went, I saw, I was not entertained.
Interesting how so many of us see movies differently. Inside Out is not a favorite of mine but I did like it. I didn't take it as a film that was made for education on mental disorders. I remember seeing an interview with Pete Docter and he said it was based on his daughter and how she was changing from little kid to a teen. I saw it just as a film that highlighted the changes kids go through during puberty and all the confusion during puberty. I also saw it as the way kids stop just being kids and start losing their childhood as they transform into adults. That is what made me cry during it. I can get sad thinking of my kids leaving the nest. When your kids are babies, and you are living it, you feel like babyhood and the sleepless nights, and the days of making sure there is nothing tiny on the floor will last forever and then boom they are a few years from college.

MySmallWorldof4

Yep, the Stores are definitely a shadow of their former selves. I could go into details of the decline in just the 4+ short years I worked there, but, there's no point.
Just sad.
But, although it's not nearly like it used to be, there's still a little bit of Disney Magic/fix there...if ever so small compared to what it used to be... :cyclops:
As I remember it, and I may be wrong, the company that owned Children's Place was running the stores. Disney didn't like how it was being run and then took them over. Then a few years back they went through a whole redesign where it seemed that princesses had just taken over. That was the last time we had been in one.

MySmallWorldof4

I wish they're in rehearsal every weekday except July 4th all summer. We were thinking about going to DC for July 4th leaving on Friday and coming back late on the 4th and even that won't work because they have to be at the school on the 3rd:(
They don't get out until the end of June too in NJ right? My SIL is a teacher in Clifton and she said their last day is in the 20's. Forget which day but here in PA they are done Memorial Day weekend. Public schools don't get as many holidays here. You would think though that they would give a week reprieve for the kids so families could go on a vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom