The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

I've had a problem with silver most of my life. Gold is
new-ish. I can still wear gold rings that are at least 14kt gold. Earrings not at all anymore. For a long time I could wear earings for several hours (special occasions) Can't do that anymore at all, within minutes I can feel the allergic reaction in the skin.
I can wear gold bracelets and necklaces likely cause they move around. Sadly my DD can't wear hardly any jewelry either.

It is kinda sad, I had enough good jewelry of my own, now I have half of all the stuff of my Mom's. I girl just wants to wear it all ya know! :geek:
Damn sorry for you :(
You can still get some other type of jewerly right? I mean, non metal ones.. pearls? or other stuff perhaps?

Cesar R M

Especially since we fly out of Chicago and would have to deal with the aviation police stationed here ya know.

Press conference today. Severe concussion, broken nose, punctured sinus, and knocked out his front teeth. Dude still in hospital.

But United says everyone that flew that flight will get a refund. Jiminy!
They seriously are trying their best to make up to the fact they where terrible?
No surprise.. I mean.. they lost almost 1 billion in a single day in stock value..

Will probably lose hundreds if not thousands of customers..

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
:eek: Really? Ugh.

Yes. Having to do with the per barrel increases along with OPEC holding together and standing strong with each other to cut production, jack'n up the barrel cost. But the middle east OPEC never seems to stand united very long. Today while I was looking at the commodities exchange I noticed Iran ramped up production and output over the last few days. Iran is bringing more barrels than allowed by agreement. Hopefully they will all break ranks and all start producing more again.

Not going to pick a side here but skyrocketing gas prices again could win *some* over to the Keystone development in the US. If you roll all this into one big ball, as it all is part of the big puzzle, I can see why we are ripe for a mega bump in gas prices.

And this closes our commodities news report of the day. :geek:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Do you remember being dizzy on your Sit and Spin?
d357d3755d302007ef9f88ebb251d9f7.jpg

or do you remember playing Simon?
6529b41e002a47928a10273c310bbbf0.jpg

Or the TROLL book club through schools?
eb385c3a97eae7c913e3f0dc07fd8252.jpg

Or zig zag hair crimpers because waffled hair looked better? :eek:
f37307258d4dcdef106009c85c1ddd13.jpg

Or Mary. Remember Mary Poppin's paper dolls?
fb7c09780f86e238a685e5963aa31b85.jpg

Or funnier...do you remember Pet Rocks?
f6aa6f5db00dae9736d435a04b884c7e.jpg

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Hey y'all, I just wanted to hop in briefly to say howdy and hope everyone is doing well. I'm STILL not divorced, but I'm working on a settlement offer in hopes my ex will agree to a normal, reasonable custody schedule. The WDW trip last Christmas with DD was some good fun and I'll post pics as soon as I can. And I just celebrated a year with my boyfriend, so that's still going really well. This weekend we are taking the kids to Great Wolf Lodge, which should be a lot of fun. Wishing an early Happy Easter to all of you! :cat:
Aloha stranger.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hey y'all, I just wanted to hop in briefly to say howdy and hope everyone is doing well. I'm STILL not divorced, but I'm working on a settlement offer in hopes my ex will agree to a normal, reasonable custody schedule. The WDW trip last Christmas with DD was some good fun and I'll post pics as soon as I can. And I just celebrated a year with my boyfriend, so that's still going really well. This weekend we are taking the kids to Great Wolf Lodge, which should be a lot of fun. Wishing an early Happy Easter to all of you! :cat:
Welcome back I missed you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still have a list of walking tours if you need them:angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
For about the last 4 months, our office has had a snack dispenser and a candy jar in the kitchen and break room, respectively. All free, of course. ;)
The snack dispenser is alternately filled with (or any combination thereof) mixed nuts or a snack mix with thick stick pretzels, peanut butter-filled pretzels, cheese white Melba toast, dark Melba toast, etc., and a whole lot of stuff I've never even seen before...all sooo delicious...!!! :hungry:
The candy jar is filled with all kinds of "fun size" things like M&M's, skittles, Snickers, etc., etc., etc.
Yesterday we had sub sandwiches for a site visit (that I didn't go on, but, absconded with some food, anyway :oops: ;)), and this morning we had our April birthdays celebration with breakfast tacos.
They better find a place to put a free company gym, soon...!!! :confused: :hilarious:

As a side note...
Why they call little candy "fun size", I have no clue. :cyclops: To me anyway, this is much more "FUN SIZE"...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

View attachment 199575

;)

Goodies at work are necessary to maintain sanity in the workplace. Last week, one of our group brought in some huge chocolate candy bars--we were all breaking off pieces of those huge bars all day long. Yum, yum, yum--and FREE!!! :joyfull:

More good news--I'm taking today off!! :happy:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Question: do you believe that the organic food is any better? I've read conflicting reports about this. Some reports indicate that the "organic" label on some items is actually misleading, and people are paying higher prices, but not necessarily getting any better quality, or safer, food.

Now, for people that are lucky to live near organic farms, that food would probably be better than the average supermarket food. Or, if your store sourced from local organic growers, that would be good as well.
That's a subject a book could be written on, oh wait there has been:hilarious: I don't buy 100% organic but stick to the list of what's considered the worst offenders for doing so. I also buy organic when the price is close. Meat is something I also try and get organic all the time. I also only buy some things if they're GMO free. That being said sugar can be organic as well as white flour so yes there's junk food that's organic. There's no regulation to the word natural for labeling. I'm lucky I have access to local organic produce but even that took a bit of research to find out which farm markets has their food.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thanks, I've missed all of you, too! I was meaning to post pics from the trip after we got back, but there was drama that had to be dealt with and it seems like it just kept stretching out over the months. Things are a little quieter now, but I know it won't last. Sigh...
I do hope he behaves for a very long time. Like I said I have a full and comprehensive list of walking tours for Donkeys:angelic:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Especially since we fly out of Chicago and would have to deal with the aviation police stationed here ya know.

Press conference today. Severe concussion, broken nose, punctured sinus, and knocked out his front teeth. Dude still in hospital.

But United says everyone that flew that flight will get a refund. Jiminy!

Just unreal. I saw a clip of that on the news last night. OMG . . . :(

Figgy1

Premium Member
I've had a problem with silver most of my life. Gold is
new-ish. I can still wear gold rings that are at least 14kt gold. Earrings not at all anymore. For a long time I could wear earings for several hours (special occasions) Can't do that anymore at all, within minutes I can feel the allergic reaction in the skin.
I can wear gold bracelets and necklaces likely cause they move around. Sadly my DD can't wear hardly any jewelry either.

It is kinda sad, I had enough good jewelry of my own, now I have half of all the stuff of my Mom's. I girl just wants to wear it all ya know! :geek:
Is there any metal you can wear? If so maybe you have a jeweler that can dip a few pieces for you.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Is cartilage as sensitive as lobe area. I've only poked holes, one in each ear, no more no less. I have not tried titanium or surgical steel. I have two platinum ring settings. You have to be careful with those settings, it is a softer metal and the little prongs that hold the stones in pulls up easily, not nearly as durable as gold. Pretty though, more like a flat-dull white gold.
Cartilage is supposedly more sensitive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom