The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Just popping in again. We had the funeral yesterday. It went well and it was really great to hear stories about my dad...the major thing was about my dad's gift giving. My dad wasn't really good at showing emotion, so his way of letting you know he cared about you was to give you something and sometimes he just decided you needed something and he was going to be the one to give it to you, whether it was kitchen knives or a lighted drawing board (for a 3 year old). One person didn't really even know who he was...she was at the feed store and he overheard her name or something...his neighbor's son had just gotten married and it was his wife and he decided she needed a pink....paddle rattle? That's what it sounded like she said, but I don't know what that is and I might not have heard right. But she was leaving and the sales clerk came running out after her and said she must be dad's friend, he had insisted she have this. She didn't even know him yet. And another said she had a skunk problem and her husband wanted her to shoot them, but she's small and the gun he had was too big...several years later, my dad shows up with a gun and ammunition for her to shoot the skunks. And there were SO many stories involving ice cream that we served ice cream after the funeral. We had asked people for stories for the guy doing his eulogy and so many involved ice cream that we decided we needed to send him off in style.

So... @figmentfan423 if you remember, I told you my dad had a thing about buying knives...and he had given me about 40 or so and I gave them to friends and family. I gave you the last ones I had that I wasn't using. I was so happy they went to a good home and weren't just sitting in a box somewhere. Well, my dad's friend found 3 boxes of knives in the house last week and my brother and his husband went out on Monday to clean some stuff out and this is what THEY found...so this is MINUS the 3 boxes his friend found, so this is about 2/3 of the knives found so far...perhaps you can understand why I wanted so badly to get rid of the ones I had and I wasn't worried about getting more if I needed them (everything NOT in the car is knives):
View attachment 198506
My sincerest sympathy. You have many great memories to think about, as time goes by.

StarWarsGirl

Hoop is a tad expensive but I really enjoy and all the wine you care to drink is included.
Did you say wine?:cautious:
I'm trying to imagine how Pirates lends itself to the piano, I can't get there
A lot of staccatto chords, basically.
So that was you having a hissy fit.
Yup. I love Dumbo and have ever since I was very little. Waiting was not my thing.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I always feel that I should remind people about living in the northern part of the country. Snow this time of year is not all that strange. It has been happening for years and years. On April 8, 2000 my youngest daughter got married. It was a late morning wedding and during it the temperature was in the upper 70's. It was actually uncomfortable in the church. We left and went to the reception in a local hotel events room. By the time it wound down, which was surprisingly early, at about 6:30 pm we were greeted with a 3 inch accumulation of snow on the ground. It continued through the night and by morning it had made it to 8 inches of snow on ice covered roads. All flights were cancelled causing them to miss the departure of their Caribbean Cruise and we had to do emergency connections to the ships first port of call. What a mess, but, again not uncommon for the first half of April in the great white north. Thus just one of the many reasons that I now live way south of there.
Snow here is not at all usual in April!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOXOMUMD

C8qd3wbWsAYkLRM.jpg:large

5. Don't do themed parties, never have, never will.
11. See above.
13. Didn't exist when my kids were young, have no reason to go now.
16. Don't play video games.
27. Couldn't find a princess costume that fit me.
33. Don't do water parks.
34. Others not Disney.
36. Don't go to a Disney Park to eat and drink.
44. I consume enough empty calories with Mickey Bars.
46. Never felt the desire.
48. My wife rode with my girls. Spinners are not an enticement for me.

11... still puts me firmly in the Mickey level.
I got 3. No cruise yet, no Kitchen Sink yet, and I can't do rides like BTMRR or Space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom