The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Honestly, I'm pretty sure my vertigo is just exaggerated because my inner hear was pretty much destroyed with my Cochlear Implant installation.
And since one of my sides work... they get mixed signals.
I for example, get VERY DIZZY if I move my head quickly backwards or read/watch vids when my peripheral vision is seeing things move.
I was going to ask you about that. How was it before the implant?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Awesome

17022514_10154977403692969_8243784376932936116_n.jpg
Awesome. Do you know where that is?

Figgy1

Premium Member
I hated chaperoning dances. Once 2x kids, so 6 years of middle school. The funds for the one I was guilted into was for Student Council and my DS was the President so the teacher who I really liked guilted me. I didn't do field trips either. Plenty of things to volunteer for that didn't involve me being responsible to watch other people's children.

Another teacher tried so hard to get me to chaperone a trip to WDC for a week. :joyfull: After I stopped laughing it was followed up with a powerful NO. She kept trying, 'be so nice, you're a school board member, you get it. Yeah I got it, if anything went wrong I'd be at the top of the pecking order of responsibility. No freak'n way. :p
Our schools check with my dh for field trips:joyfull: He has one of those voices the kids are afraid of, so they don't mess around when he raises his voice:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hahaaa...!!! :hilarious:
And (I probably already mentioned this, but, I'm still so flippin' far behind again I don't remember :cyclops:), the raise is retroactive back to my 4-year anniversary re-hire date of Feb. 11th. We're payed bi-weekly, and next Friday (well, actually my paychecks end up being direct deposited first thing Thursday mornings) is payday, so that's gonna' be a nice paycheck...!!!!! :joyfull: :D :)
Don't spend it all in one place, unless it's FLORIDA:D

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yeah, as Orlando area continued to develop the older areas declined including Mercado. It was sold and demolished. It was to be a luxury condo but then the recession hit. It wasn't built. Don't know if you've followed the building of the Orlando eye. A mega ferris wheel modeled after the London Eye. That is the icon of that old Mercado site. The entire area found a new nitch with nightlife being closer to Universal and the close proximity to the Convention Center.
Lots and lots was bulldozed in the area, some great hotels and restaurants built.

You're starting to see some of the older more original tourist areas being redeveloped. The locations and land is just too valuable for developers to just ignore. Nice to see.

That's interesting. Haven't been up to I-Drive in probably 15 years, at least. When I have time on the weekend, I might play with Google Earth to view some of the changes in the old Mercado area.

MySmallWorldof4

She double majored. Math and Statistics and a minor in Sociology at the University of Illinois-Champaign. She leans heavily towards Statistics. Her brain always is running in some form of mathematics.

He was a Recreation Management and minor in Sociology. He made it through 2 years of Education Degree in Wisconsin and was miserable. Went to Disney to do the College Program came back with some real clear direction of what he wanted to do. It was kinda cute looking back when he called me from Wisconsin and hedging asked me what I thought about him going to Disney University-best decision I made was to tell him to go for it. All of the stars after that just aligned for him.
My DS 13 wants to be an Imagineer one day. He even wrote one a letter 2 years ago to find out how to become one. Sad thing is he never got a reply back. :(

DD15 has a flair for everything and that is the problem. It is hard for her to focus on one thing.

Disney University, hmmm, love that! That is something to remember. Putting that in the memory banks.:)

MySmallWorldof4

Yes, I agree. The reason it's in my signature, though, is that several years ago, Disney did a preshow that was a virtual choir, where you recorded your own voice part (soprano, alto, etc.) for a song and then they combined them. They only took about 700 out of 1500, and mine was one of the ones that got chosen. So I was literally in World of Color for several months. :) You can click the link in my signature to see the video.
Wow! That was just so Beautiful and Amazing!:happy: What an honor for you! What a thing to have on your resume!!

Songbird76

That sounds like quite the ordeal. I'm glad it all worked out and yes you deserve a drink or 3.
It was quite the ordeal...he screamed so much another assistant came in to check that everything was ok. I'm betting there were patients in the waiting room wondering what torture was going on in there. The gal that came in to check on him was the one who helped with LAST week's cavities (he had 6...3 on each side, so they split it into 2 days and did one side each day). She told me when I took DD in Tuesday that DS has some lungs on him and that he could do well in theater school. You don't even have to touch him and he's screaming bloody murder. So sweet that she came in to check and see if we needed help. The crazy thing was that after they got the bottom tooth done and they moved on to the top, he was perfectly fine and even pretended to be asleep and laughed when they fell for it. All that screaming and then he left laughing, having played a trick on the dentist. He screamed through the bottom one (he didn't like the little coil straw thing that sucks out the saliva while they are working) and then was a model patient for the top 2. It took less time to do 2 than to do the one. I could have throttled the little angel. He's lucky I love him so much.I hugged him instead of throttling him, though I think I needed the hug more than he did.

Songbird76

So sorry, still so far behind...
You're very welcome.
Glad to hear the soon-to-be SIL finally accepted the inevitable. Hopefully, everyone can amicably move on, and the craziness will all fade away.
As always, continued prayers.
I think I'm further behind than you are...I have no idea what this is about. Sending prayers to @betty rose and family.

Songbird76

Hahaaa...!!! :hilarious:
And (I probably already mentioned this, but, I'm still so flippin' far behind again I don't remember :cyclops:), the raise is retroactive back to my 4-year anniversary re-hire date of Feb. 11th. We're payed bi-weekly, and next Friday (well, actually my paychecks end up being direct deposited first thing Thursday mornings) is payday, so that's gonna' be a nice paycheck...!!!!! :joyfull: :D :)
So are you going to celebrate with a Disney trip? I hear it's a lovely time to go!

Songbird76

She double majored. Math and Statistics and a minor in Sociology at the University of Illinois-Champaign. She leans heavily towards Statistics. Her brain always is running in some form of mathematics.

He was a Recreation Management and minor in Sociology. He made it through 2 years of Education Degree in Wisconsin and was miserable. Went to Disney to do the College Program came back with some real clear direction of what he wanted to do. It was kinda cute looking back when he called me from Wisconsin and hedging asked me what I thought about him going to Disney University-best decision I made was to tell him to go for it. All of the stars after that just aligned for him.
Is he still working for Disney now? It sounds like he really loved it, so I wondered if he just made a career out of it...I mean, if you find something you love and don't mind doing every day, you have to just go for that!!

Songbird76

Today is our last day this Spring (according to the forecast) for high temps to be below 50. 48 today. Hoping they get this right.;)
Good luck!! We had one day last week near 60...it was so nice. Then it went back down again. We're between 50 and 60 this week, which is really nice, though. I can't complain. I hope it warms up. Now seems like a great time to go to Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom