The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

In other news, cant believe that much effort, shore and money was spent in something as simple as changing my tires.
In the good side.. new tires, 4 of them..
in the bad side..money x_x and of course.. after seeing the old tires.. I'm surprised I never had one of them blowing on me... They were.. literally destroyed. the rubber was falling apart in some areas, bumps in others.. almost no threading left..
Yikes!

donaldtoo

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You deserve it. Now the question is are you going to put some of it towards a Space Coast trip:rolleyes::inlove:

Thank you so much, Figgy!!! :)

Right now, some will be going into the upcoming holiday Key West trip.
Hopefully, there will be another raise next
year, and we can do the Space Coast right before we're on our way to Europe the year after...!!! :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That's a fun map. I was just looking at the I-Drive insert above, and I realized just how long it's been since I was up in that area. Going back to the late 80s and 90s, I-Drive was really nice and unique. Do you remember Mercado, a pleasant outdoor (smallish) shopping area with different sorts of shops? Man, that place turned into a dive years later, and was never the same. I don't even know if it exists anymore.

Hopefully, they still have those beautiful palm trees lining I-Drive down that center stretch of land between the lanes.

Yeah, as Orlando area continued to develop the older areas declined including Mercado. It was sold and demolished. It was to be a luxury condo but then the recession hit. It wasn't built. Don't know if you've followed the building of the Orlando eye. A mega ferris wheel modeled after the London Eye. That is the icon of that old Mercado site. The entire area found a new nitch with nightlife being closer to Universal and the close proximity to the Convention Center.
Lots and lots was bulldozed in the area, some great hotels and restaurants built.

You're starting to see some of the older more original tourist areas being redeveloped. The locations and land is just too valuable for developers to just ignore. Nice to see.

donaldtoo

Good morning, my dh is going to work today but he's picking up a couple of people who can only sled down to the main road. One of them is going to try and get down the hill on a large sheet of cardboard.:eek: That should be quite a sight an overweight middle aged man sledding:hilarious: Who says the work ethic is dead?:rolleyes: It's currently in the teens and the boys are still home:grumpy: :mad: Tonight's dinner groundhog etouffee with Pinot Noir:D

Pics/video, or it didn't happen. :D ;)
Awesome!!! :hilarious: Do y'all know how many hits that part of that "commute" would have had on YouTube...y'all should be rakin' in the cash...!!!!! :joyfull: ;) :)

Gabe1

Oh, and btw, the jumbo shrimp is excellent, as well...!!!!! :hungry: :happy: :)

View attachment 195275

And my favorites are from GooseIsland Chicago

goose-island-shrimp-house-22-dives.jpg

goose-island-shrimp-house-shrimp-size.jpg

goose-island-shrimp-house-menu.jpg

Gabe1

So awesome to hear about that for both of your kiddos...!!!!! :joyfull: :)
I'm just happy, that at my age, I can still get good raises, too...!!! :hilarious: ;) :happy:
Old dogs, and all...! :D ;)

And today she and I were in the truck (she worked afternoon evening today) and received a text that an emergency department conference call was coming up before her start time. I could hear that Charlie Brown Teacher blah blah blah echoing in the truck. I also know her expression. While she received a promotion and a raise the University wide laid off 200 some employees today.

One of her favorite colleagues from her department was a goner there a bit longer than DD. Clear why a few weeks ago they started cross training DD in a different department and had given her addition responsibilities over the last 6 months. She has the highest statistics in her department, has almost since she landed there. They unloaded an entire department today, hers could be next but possibly they are safeguarding their more productive employees. We hope. Oy. Our state needs to get it act together.

Gabe1

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now they can return the favor and take you to Disney:joyfull:

True. Actually our last few trips they have paid their own way minus some meals I've picked up, taxi and Ubers. It is making trips a little less daunting cost wise. Still our trip in the fall cost more for just me than our first family trip with my son, 3 people and not by a close margin. :jawdrop:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom