The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Nice feeling. My DD received a promotion this afternoon. 3rd she has received in the short time she has been there. She was so happy and so will be her pockets. Proud of her. It has been a real good two years career wise for my kids. Blessed.
bouncing+smiley+faces.gif
Congratulations to your kids! If I may ask, what did they major in in college?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That made me laugh out loud. Typical teenager. :hilarious:

I hated chaperoning dances. Once 2x kids, so 6 years of middle school. The funds for the one I was guilted into was for Student Council and my DS was the President so the teacher who I really liked guilted me. I didn't do field trips either. Plenty of things to volunteer for that didn't involve me being responsible to watch other people's children.

Another teacher tried so hard to get me to chaperone a trip to WDC for a week. :joyfull: After I stopped laughing it was followed up with a powerful NO. She kept trying, 'be so nice, you're a school board member, you get it. Yeah I got it, if anything went wrong I'd be at the top of the pecking order of responsibility. No freak'n way. :p

Gabe1

My middle schoolers were trying to organize some sort of dance for Friday, they didn't ask for permission from our principal until last week. He said fine, if you can find 3 chaperones and one has to be a staff member. They asked me and I had to tell them no. Hubby is planning a high school lock-in at church that night and that means I get the house to myself all night. I wasn't about to give that up, sorry kids. Now sadly it looks like hubby's youth event might not happen either.

I never got lock-ins. Why would big people initiate these events? Kids I get. Heck I planned Birthday Parties anywhere but my house and certainly not overnight.

donaldtoo

Hahaaa...!!! :hilarious:
And (I probably already mentioned this, but, I'm still so flippin' far behind again I don't remember :cyclops:), the raise is retroactive back to my 4-year anniversary re-hire date of Feb. 11th. We're payed bi-weekly, and next Friday (well, actually my paychecks end up being direct deposited first thing Thursday mornings) is payday, so that's gonna' be a nice paycheck...!!!!! :joyfull: :D :)

Gabe1

Congratulations to your kids! If I may ask, what did they major in in college?

She double majored. Math and Statistics and a minor in Sociology at the University of Illinois-Champaign. She leans heavily towards Statistics. Her brain always is running in some form of mathematics.

He was a Recreation Management and minor in Sociology. He made it through 2 years of Education Degree in Wisconsin and was miserable. Went to Disney to do the College Program came back with some real clear direction of what he wanted to do. It was kinda cute looking back when he called me from Wisconsin and hedging asked me what I thought about him going to Disney University-best decision I made was to tell him to go for it. All of the stars after that just aligned for him.

donaldtoo

thats.. insane... I guess that is going to be 10 million or more?

I think I may have already answered this post before, too... :cyclops: :rolleyes:
Yep, with all that crazy "Bear Cave" stuff goin' on down below with the windows into the pool, cabana with swim up pool bar, etc., plus the fact the whole thing is just huge, at least 10 million.
Although, the partner says the guy will drive it up quite a bit higher with all the other really high-end aspects he's talking about. Everything from trim, to windows, to media, etc.
I can't even imagine having options of such things... :confused: :cyclops:

donaldtoo

At least.
That is a "bear cave" below and between the pool and house that will have windows looking into the pool below water level. It has a media room/game area, conference room, office, and bathroom.
And, that is also a cabana right next to the pool with a swim -up bar.
And yes, the front-ish view shows an 8-car garage complex with glass doors...he has a car collection.
None of this is really out of the norm for our firm, these days, I just don't post nearly every project we do, 'cause even I would get annoyed...!!! :bored: ;)

Yep, definitely already answered this post...!!!!! :joyfull: :hilarious: :rolleyes: ;)

From now on, I'm gonna' start likin' posts first before I answer 'em...that way I should be able to better keep track of my slothiness...! :oops: :D ;)

image.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom