The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

As a kid I used to love to look at maps so I could find the places that characters that I read about in books lived, like Laura Ingalls Wilder. I would spend hours staring at them trying to imagine how people lived in other places. So when my BF and I met and he said he loved maps too, I knew we were a match.:)

Very cool! :geek: :)
My DWifey loves the Laura Ingalls Wilder books, and maps too...! :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Awesome! Ratatouille is one of my favorite Disney movies...!!! :)
As far as the boys shoveling compensation goes, I'm pretty sure the 24/7 all-you-can-eat, free-of-charge buffet you provide for them is waaayyyyyyy more than adequate...! ;)
They're still shoveling at the neighbor's house, but I'm not too upset because the people who's house they're working at are older snowbirds who are on their way back( I told them to stay in Florida but they have a family obligation this week) With luck I'll be able to get out tomorrow:joyfull: Time for Toy Story:joyfull:

donaldtoo

Thanks, I feel really good. I'm just waiting for the DD to tell us how hubby takes the news.

Such a sad situation.
I only hope that the ex can calm down and get a grip, to at least be a decent father for his boys, at some point. None of these situations are ever perfect, but, they can work out pretty well if all involved tame the bitterness.
Many times, and understandably so, a lot tougher for the kiddos to do than the parents. :(
Continued prayers.

Goofyernmost

I've had 2 of those colonosco-weeeees!!!!! :joyfull: ;) so far with the Drano. I'm told that by the next time I'm due for one they'll do the prep and procedure same morning. :)

And...
Whoa there big fella...it's just an ice cream cone...!!! :eek: ;)

View attachment 194559

:D

ETA...
Hope the procedure went well and the results showed nothing serious...! :)
They've been telling me that for years and year now. I think they just do that to make sure you show up for your next appointment. Since I started getting them things have improved. At least the stuff you get now doesn't taste like the crap it is designed to clean out. It is just the volume that has to be consumed that is a problem. But, that is to be sure that everything is flushed out. But enough of that.

How did you know my name is actually Russ, or was it just a coincidence and it fit the discussion? Also, same old stuff, there were a few polyps that had to be removed, but, nothing that was anymore then the kind that could turn into cancer. I won't know that until a couple of weeks for now. But, the Doctor wasn't in the least bit concerned. It also could be because I'm older then dirt anyway and they just don't care. Anyway, not a single oh, oh was uttered. I stay awake and watch it on the TV.

Goofyernmost

Would you like to know my BP and total cholesterol?:D
I'm sure yours is fine, it's @Mr Ferret 88 with the bacon additive Mayo that I was mostly pointing that comment at. The others, you know who you are! My Cholesterol is well within the acceptable range and my BP at the time of my "procedure" was 124/67. And yes, I am a red meat, and more then my share of eggs eater. (love eggs) :hungry::)

donaldtoo

They've been telling me that for years and year now. I think they just do that to make sure you show up for your next appointment. Since I started getting them things have improved. At least the stuff you get now doesn't taste like the crap it is designed to clean out. It is just the volume that has to be consumed that is a problem. But, that is to be sure that everything is flushed out. But enough of that.

How did you know my name is actually Russ, or was it just a coincidence and it fit the discussion? Also, same old stuff, there were a few polyps that had to be removed, but, nothing that was anymore then the kind that could turn into cancer. I won't know that until a couple of weeks for now. But, the Doctor wasn't in the least bit concerned. It also could be because I'm older then dirt anyway and they just don't care. Anyway, not a single oh, oh was uttered. I stay awake and watch it on the TV.

I only heard about that the last time I was in for it, but, was told insurance wouldn't cover it yet. And I was not willing to pay the non-Drano difference, although it was actually not all that much more expensive. :cyclops:
Glad everything came out negative, in a good way...! ;) :)

Actually, I just remember you posting your first name as Russell somewhere around here before.
I know I've posted my first name, Steve (Stephen, actually ;)) a few times. Many don't ever post first names, and that's cool, too.
I'm just pretty sure that Steve from Austin, Texas isn't enough info to track me down... :cautious: :cool:
Catfish Parlour dining records might be easier...!!! :hilarious: :D :hungry: ;) :)

Goofyernmost

I only heard about that the last time I was in for it, but, was told insurance wouldn't cover it yet. And I was not willing to pay the non-Drano difference, although it was actually not all that much more expensive. :cyclops:
Glad everything came out negative, in a good way...! ;) :)

Actually, I just remember you posting your first name as Russell somewhere around here before.
I know I've posted my first name, Steve (Stephen, actually ;)) a few times. Many don't ever post first names, and that's cool, too.
I'm just pretty sure that Steve from Austin, Texas isn't enough info to track me down... :cautious: :cool:
Catfish Parlour dining records might be easier...!!! :hilarious: :D :hungry: ;) :)
Yep, I remembered that @JenniferS let that cat out of the bag as well. I barely remember names of people I see everyday. It has been a lifelong thing with me. I never remember those things. I can get them back if I do the alphabet move, going through each letter in the alphabet (damn the Phoenicians) until one feels good and I then start listing names that start with that letter and most of the time it comes to me. I sometimes wish I could easily remember stuff like that. As far as tracking me down. I'm not sure what you or anyone else would achieve by finding me, so it is nothing I concern myself with. If I had something worth taking I would be on my yacht in the Caribbean sipping my Martini (shaken not stirred) and not on my home computer chatting away.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I'm sure yours is fine, it's @Mr Ferret 88 with the bacon additive Mayo that I was mostly pointing that comment at. The others, you know who you are! My Cholesterol is well within the acceptable range and my BP at the time of my "procedure" was 124/67. And yes, I am a red meat, and more then my share of eggs eater. (love eggs) :hungry::)
Nope all mine and Mrs Ferrets bloods and cholesterol is A ok .

donaldtoo

Me too. Walt was a good friend. He never grew up. He always enjoyed getting into mischief. Missed him today 'cause he really loved to play in fresh snow and eat it too. For whatever he loved shoving his entire head or snoot under the fresh snow.

Condolences still. I know Walt was your good buddy. :(
You know, it's kinda' funny, I guess, but, I still miss Indy so much, and he was with us for only such a short time...

image.jpeg

He was the coolest pup ever, to me anyway... :happy: :(

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Condolences still. I know he was your good buddy.
You know, it's kinda' funny, I guess, but, I still miss Indy so much, and he was with us for only such a short time...

View attachment 194569

He was the coolest pup ever, to me anyway...

Who wouldn't miss a sweet pup like that him? At least he was in your life for a while--better than you never knowing him at all. He was a gift to you, however brief.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That's probably where we were spoiled in Vermont. Even if they were looking at a storm system heading our way, the trucks were out. They might just be sitting in a state, vehicle only, cross over or a rest area. When the storm started they were already there, there was no getting them out. And again it depends on how long it has been sitting on the highway previous to the storm. Rain with no freeze will just wash it away, wind will blow it off the roads along with the air flow from passing vehicles. That is why "timing" is so important. But, on the occasions that it might work, that is great. It has been my experience that it doesn't work a lot more often then it does. Following salt (or even sand) trucks is a lot different then laying down a shot of brine two days before the event.
We obviously use different forms of Rock Salt than you guys do. Our rocks of salt really don't blow like sand or dirt. It takes a lot for it to melt away too, it might stick in rock form if wet though until buried by snow or the vicious cycle of salt and plow, salt and plow. Normally the larger box stores and shopping centers heavily salt prior to storms, never seen that in all my years blow away.

I'll agree to disagree that you have very different procedures and experiences than I have found here and maybe your winds on an ocean do very different things than we get from the Great Lakes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom