The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

We obviously use different forms of Rock Salt than you guys do. Our rocks of salt really don't blow like sand or dirt. It takes a lot for it to melt away too, it might stick in rock form if wet though until buried by snow or the vicious cycle of salt and plow, salt and plow. Normally the larger box stores and shopping centers heavily salt prior to storms, never seen that in all my years blow away.

I'll agree to disagree that you have very different procedures and experiences than I have found here and maybe your winds on an ocean do very different things than we get from the Great Lakes.
We are talking about different stuff here, I think. I'm not against rock salt, in fact I think it has saved many lives over the years. We are talking about brine which is powdered salt that easily washes away and isn't plentiful enough to amount to a hill of beans anyway. We used Rock salt extensively in Vermont, but, not ahead of time because if it were just laying there on the road cars would run over it and turn it into the powder making it the same as the brine. It is applied after there is a measurable amount of snow or ice that is sticking to the surface. It is applied after the plows have minimized the amount on the road ways and the salt will melt it down to bare pavement almost immediately. If it's a big storm the procedure is repeated as often as necessary. Usually by the next morning our roads were clear and safe for driving.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
@donaldtoo I had looked and looked couldn't find the book, gave up.

Today I looked up on a decorative shelve above my DD bedroom door and there it was. See ya find things when you are not looking.

C7N_380XQAQXaXm.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We are talking about different stuff here, I think. I'm not against rock salt, in fact I think it has saved many lives over the years. We are talking about brine which is powdered salt that easily washes away and isn't plentiful enough to amount to a hill of beans anyway. We used Rock salt extensively in Vermont, but, not ahead of time because if it were just laying there on the road cars would run over it and turn it into the powder making it the same as the brine. It is applied after there is a measurable amount of snow or ice that is sticking to the surface. It is applied after the plows have minimized the amount on the road ways and the salt will melt it down to bare pavement almost immediately. If it's a big storm the procedure is repeated as often as necessary. Usually by the next morning our roads were clear and safe for driving.

Our county roads and bridges are brined, striped. They will do it on Friday if snow is expected over the weekend because it takes a lot to cross the county to wait until it is falling.

donaldtoo

It is wonderful. The first section is construction and builds. Then each attraction built in Future World and Each Pavilion built in the World Showcase. As example all areas of the ORIGINAL Imagination and Figment & Dreamfinder. The upstairs play area now known at a DVC lounge *oy*

Thanks, Gabe, I need this book!!!
Will look into it further, soon...!!!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom