The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Horse, moose, about the same weight either way, depending on age and gender.
I'd rather not hit either in a car. As previously discussed, talk about a disaster all the way around.
Now, in a truck like this, which would still be pretty totalled, I'm pretty sure we'd survive the impact, anyway. ;)

View attachment 183872
just need to add giant titanium front defenses and you're set.

donaldtoo

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 183873

Ahhh, yes. Have had many of those over the years.
Have posted here before that I actually ended up serving on one due to a technicality. Prospective lady juror was out in the hall discussing the case right after we were told not to, apparently, so they disqualified and fined her and I was next on the lucky list.
Didn't actually find this out 'til after the trial. DWI, and we convicted the guy. I ended up riding down in the courthouse elevator after the trial with the guys defense attorney. He told me we made the right decision...the evidence and testimony proved the guy had been drinkin' all day.
I asked him how the heck they picked me since I had both had a DWI when I was 22, and was friends with and related to another police officer. That's when he told me about the other prospective juror mouthing off out in the hall...! :facepalm:
I was an experience I was glad to participate in that one time, but, never again, please. :cyclops:
Fingers crossed you can get out of it like I did all the other times I've been called...! :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
And do we ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some things are just not funny, like the winter weather advisory that was just posted for my area. Snow then an icy mix starting some time tomorrow morning. I had plans to go out for coffee with some friends tomorrow and now not knowing how the roads will be or if there's going to be school or will it close early, those plans are shot:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I hate cold, hate snow but fear ice. Come here little groundhog:D

Blah! We got the snow but so far the ice is missing us but the temps are inching up closer to the freezing line.
Oy. Dang groundhog.

th

Gabe1

Sorry I haven't been one for a few days. We have been super busy, and we are getting 75 to 90mph winds today. My allergies have been really really bad. I keep having dry heaves from my sinus drainage. It's chinook winds, out here. It did get to 60 today, but you can't walk outside.

Blah. Waste of a 60 degree day. Warmer than Disney was this weekend.

Be well.

Gabe1

I bought a package of 8 hot dogs for about $4.00 at the supermarket today . . .

And yet they have yet to figure out why attendance is starting to slip a bit. Just not enough newbie wealthy wanting to visit Disney to replace all those former guests that can no longer afford to visit as frequently as they once did. My neighbor has had on his bucket list a trip to Disney for his family 'once' for over a decade. He has 5 sons, so family of 7. His eldest son is now 17 and it is still off their radar. He is a Union, commercial plumber, good wages, still he is looking at over 10K and those boys can eat.

Gabe1

Casey's must have at least 20minigrams of pure diamond/gold dust to have those 10 USD per hotdog :hilarious:

In my time warp machine....when we use to spend a couple weeks every fall in Disney we'd grow weary of the QS in both the MK and the Studios. Some days we'd just pick up 4 hotdogs or a baked potato from the stand in Liberty Square, pick a shady spot on a brick wall in the shade (remember shade? talk about time warp) eat and chill for a bit. Fall was slow season so no race to anything over 2 weeks. Our quick little lunches were about $10 for four of us. Now it be about $40. I get inflation and the CPI however neither of our salaries have increased 4 fold.

Gabe1

Maybe you should move to Mexico. 1,000 USD kinda gives you decent living if you own a house already.

Plus no snow ;)

The bad?
toasty summers, earthquake and hurricane prone.

There are reasons why some relocate out of the US to retire.

My Mom was fortunate to still get 50% of my Dad's pension, plus hers a pension. 100% of my Dad's SS in lieu of hers since his was larger along with retirement financial planning. My Dad was out of that era of the boom of employment after the Big War.

My Mom is still in that weird transition time from my Dad's passing and sometimes she starts going off about the SLASH in monies coming in with half his pension gone and loss of her SS to take over his. Yes that is a chunk of change but seriously???Mom, that is still a lot of $$$ coming in each month. :banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom