The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Sorry I haven't been one for a few days. We have been super busy, and we are getting 75 to 90mph winds today. My allergies have been really really bad. I keep having dry heaves from my sinus drainage. It's chinook winds, out here. It did get to 60 today, but you can't walk outside.

betty rose

Here is a funny from this morning....

I've shared before that Kapono (my dog) and I and sometimes hubby go into town on Saturday and get doughnuts or bagels for breakfast. So today we went down and brought back breakfast. Kapono knows what the doughnut box and the store where we get them looks like so she got super excited when she saw them. Anyway, once home I sat in my recliner to eat my breakfast and Kapono is sitting in between my legs watching me eat and waiting for her doughnut pieces. Sometimes she shakes with anticipation (or like someone waiting for their drug fix) as she waits, but she isn't shaking today. I notice she is staring very intently as I pick up my breakfast and put it in my mouth, then I look at her closer and she is drooling! :hungry: I've never seen her drool over food before. A little drool dropped onto my pants and then she licked her chops as I went to give her a piece of doughnut. She almost looked like this...:hungry: It really struck me as funny, she was so focused she was literally drooling over her breakfast! What a crazy girl!:)
Great story.

Cesar R M

Yes Dream Drop Distance and Birth By Sleep are playable and a movie about the KH backstory that runs about an hour. Release date for the states January 24th. It'll also have secret ending intro to KH 3 rumored release end of 2017 or beginning of 18
err no idea, honestly I never had a PS2 to play the firsts series.. so I was never really into the Kingdom Heart series.

donaldtoo

We were just talkin' about running into deer with a car yesterday, and holy carp if I didn't just barely miss one on my commute home tonight on the country back road portion of my commute.
Small-ish doe, but, it woulda' definitely not survived and done some decent damage to my car.
Just darted into the road outta' what seemed like nowhere... :cyclops:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We were just talkin' about running into deer with a car yesterday, and holy carp if I didn't just barely miss one on my commute home tonight on the country back road portion of my commute.
Small-ish doe, but, it woulda' definitely not survived and done some decent damage to my car.

I'm glad you missed it. When that stuff happens it always makes my heart race a little.

donaldtoo

MMMM, all this talk of Deer Jerky has my stomach rumbling.

I always enjoyed a good Deer Summer Sausage. Deer is pretty lean as well, I think they have to add fat to it to process it correctly. What I'd really like to have around here is Buffalo. Now there is some good eating.

I had the bison meatloaf at WCC back in June if '13 and it was really good...! :hungry:
Unfortunately, I don't think it's on the menu anymore.

donaldtoo

Years ago, hubs and I used to vacation up in northern Maine. Depending upon the time of year, both deer and moose at night on the roads could be a hazard. With regard to the deer, I recall some sort of small plastic items that we'd place on each side of the car. I think it was for speeds up to 40 mph, and when the wind would pass through the plastic items, apparently there would be a pitched sound that would scare off the deer. Can't exactly remember what these gadgets were called, or if people still use them anymore.

I was braking as I was hitting my horn. When I hit my horn it moved just enough to where there was no contact. Just enough. Otherwise... :cyclops:

Cesar R M

it was a sign.. there is deer meat in your future ;)

donaldtoo

Try hitting a moose . . . (females: 440-790 pounds; males: 840-1500 pounds). Road kill for both the moose AND the driver. :eek: Photo example below from Google:

Moose4.jpg

Horse, moose, about the same weight either way, depending on age and gender.
I'd rather not hit either in a car. As previously discussed, talk about a disaster all the way around.
Now, in a truck like this, which would still be pretty totalled, I'm pretty sure we'd survive the impact, anyway. ;)

image.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom