The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It does a time or 2 to figure them out but they are a quite wonderful way to get around. :joyfull: I always suggest printing out a copy of the map for newbies.

Same with Chicago. Our trains on tracks here are boldly lettered A or B etc for the proper destination @FutureCEO you just need to know your destination and it tells you what letter train to board.

Gabe1

We are planning to do one day at each of the 2 waterparks. But we won't be doing the big rides anyway...the only problem is that if the big attractions are down, the others might be more crowded, unless people just don't go to BB because the main slides are down...

Blizzard seems to draw more because of the winter theming. They do have some excellent secondary slides too BB will likely continue to draw big even with the two slides down, plus the overwhelming majority of guests likely are not aware of all the closures like we are. In the grand spectrum we are the minority.

donaldtoo

Amazing isn't it. Couple years in a row of extreme heat and drought and last summer not so intense and rain, now more rain. My contention on weather. I sick of the cold but our winter was not as intense as it was the last 5 years. Remember my DD first year of college when we had snow drifts up to the eaves of the house and Walt's outhouse was under the big picnic table? I could only open the back door a foot and the front door not at all. Am glad you guys have water again though.

Hahaaa...! Yep, I remember you posting about it. Crazy.
Yep, and even more water now, but, not as much as poor Houston. Prayers to all affected.
And, most of the rain has been falling between us and Houston, not as much upstream from us, so even though they've opened some gates on the 2 lower dams closer to Austin, they haven't yet opened any on Mansfield Dam (Lake Travis).
Our rear yard was flowing like a stream Sun. afternoon, but, as I've posted before, that's happened many times before. We're the last house on our dead end street, and at the highest point, so it all just flows past and has never risen enough to come close to flooding the house. It all flows down and across an adjacent main street into culverts and then into one of 2 main creeks in our neighborhood. I don't ever remember houses flooding here. Wasn't able to take my 4 mile stretch of country backroad yesterday or this morning, because of the 7 low water crossings, but it was almost completely clear for the trip home this evening. Just a little water (4 inches tops) over 2 crossings.
And, yep, thanks! Glad the drought is over, too...for now, anyway.....

Gabe1

When I talked to my son today he said they had an innovations meeting today across departments. Part of the meeting was to test various flavors of popcorn from seasoning to coated in chocolate caramel. My son said he was pitching for a new type of ADA Doors while munching on Buffalo Popcorn and giving it a thumbs up. Multitasking.

Gabe1

That was a totally bogus rumor and was never substantiated because it was a made up fake. Besides if you look at the concept artwork, which everyone seems to think is the bible, it shows the old boats. There never was a point, I believe, when they seriously entertained the thought of switching them.

As I said I believe it was just a rumor too. But Me, I never put stock in concept drawings. If I ever believed that ended with the FLE. Concept drawings are the Cliffsnotes at best.

donaldtoo

I don't know why but we always seem to wind up at Applebees on192 heading towards 27. Now I remember why they run 2 for 1 drink specials LOL. It's your basic chain but we've always had excellent service there.

We've always enjoyed the food and service at our local Applebee's. The Shrimp 'N Parmesan Sirloin with seasonal veggies and garlic mashed potatoes is my go-to dish...delicious...!!! :hungry:

Gabe1

Well, Rome is a really big city.

I'm all for programs that help cats who otherwise wouldn't have homes live out their lives while having a job at the same time. As long as the cats are spayed and neutered, I see no problem.

Who knows, some of those cats might be very quickly adopted. It happens.

About 1200 wild cats per square mile. That's a lot of rats.

Cesar R M

speaking of which, seen the Jungle.. definitively the most realistic CGI I've ever seen.
If Avatar was amazing then. Id say the jungle book ups the level again.
Baloo, Bagheera and the monkeys(with king louie) were hella realistic.
The movie is also way more scarier with this realistic look.
Specially the BAD event involving Shere Khan and the Wolves.

The bad part? the cinema was packed.. the biggest theater was filled to the seams, full of noisy kids and annoying parents who wouldn't shut up and close their phones. Worse when they kept leaving to get food or go to the bathroom mid movie.. And the light leak was heavily distracting (this theater is the biggest of the cinema and has a side door. instead of normal back looking doors).
Also, many of the voices in spanish are seriously subpar. I dont think anyone can beat the style of Ben Kingsley, Bill Murray, Idris Elba and Lupita.

So id say a must watch!.. its pretty much the animated version being transformed into the REAL thing.

Cesar R M

Hahaaa...! Yep, I remember you posting about it. Crazy.
Yep, and even more water now, but, not as much as poor Houston. Prayers to all affected.
And, most of the rain has been falling between us and Houston, not as much upstream from us, so even though they've opened some gates on the 2 lower dams closer to Austin, they haven't yet opened any on Mansfield Dam (Lake Travis).
Our rear yard was flowing like a stream Sun. afternoon, but, as I've posted before, that's happened many times before. We're the last house on our dead end street, and at the highest point, so it all just flows past and has never risen enough to come close to flooding the house. It all flows down and across an adjacent main street into culverts and then into one of 2 main creeks in our neighborhood. I don't ever remember houses flooding here. Wasn't able to take my 4 mile stretch of country backroad yesterday or this morning, because of the 7 low water crossings, but it was almost completely clear for the trip home this evening. Just a little water (4 inches tops) over 2 crossings.
And, yep, thanks! Glad the drought is over, too...for now, anyway.....
I was just watching the news.. wow.. 6 deads! and 1,200 rescued.
and most photos show floods of above 1 meter deep D:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Reminds me of Sami Gayle's doo. I really liked it on her. She is so young I thought she was looking for a way to look a bit more grown up when she had turned 18ish.

images
Mine is currently about 3/4 of an inch longer, I might take it to that short for Florida.

Figgy1

Premium Member
My Boy and Girl Golden's, Cinnamon and Jethro were boarded in Kennel that served Frosty Paws as a good night treat each night. They were hooked. But those things were expensive. Dixie Cups came into play as a replacement. We just followed through with Walt as a treat every now and then. Funny he knew what the Dairy Queen was as I came through the door last night. This boy missed his calling, he has a very very good sniffer. He knew when my son was home from college by just smelling the ground outside. When ManChild was almost home I'd take him for a walk just to see if he would be able to track, always did.
I had a dog who went to Disney with me and stayed at the kennel in front of EPCOT and for a small fee he got one every day of his trip:joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Blizzard seems to draw more because of the winter theming. They do have some excellent secondary slides too BB will likely continue to draw big even with the two slides down, plus the overwhelming majority of guests, likely are not aware of all the closures like we are. In the grand spectrum we are the minority.

Precisely. The thrill junkies make a bee-line for BB, to go on Summit Plummet, and I'll bet there's quite a few angry guests when they find out that the major slide (and it's cousin slide) are both down.

What a wonderful :rolleyes: time for these to be down--right in the middle of spring break??!!! :eek: I feel bad for those guests, and I also feel bad for the front-line CMs, who have to deal with the complaints.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom