The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

@donaldtoo I hope none of that Texas flooding is anywhere near you! Stay high and dry!
I was thinking the same thing. I did think it was localized to Houston. Such a sad situation down there. I saw the horse rescues, and I cried. I hope no one lost their horses. So sorry for the loss of homes, and businesses. Sympathy for those who lost their lives.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
;)
ojq3u-angry-goose-1.jpg

The Great 'ole goose is back again today and sitting back on the nest she built last week. Go Figure. Guess that is what happens when your brain is the size of a jelly bean.

Cesar R M

I was thinking the same thing. I did think it was localized to Houston. Such a sad situation down there. I saw the horse rescues, and I cried. I hope no one lost their horses. So sorry for the loss of homes, and businesses. Sympathy for those who lost their lives.
wait a sec.. Houston is flooded again?
Anything about Sugar land or the lower area (south left side) ?

Gabe1

I just heard on the morning news that the movie is the second highest-grossing ticket sales, April movie opening day ever. Didn't realize just how popular this new movie is turning out to be. Well, I hope you and your mom have fun watching the movie today.

My very favorite movie/tv critic for decades already gave it an A+ He doesn't give out A's often let alone A+s.

Gabe1

Was it all addressed correctly? I ordered plane tickets once and the online service wasn't working, so I called and did it by phone. The person I talked to had a very thick accent, but she repeated all my info back to me, so I wasn't worried about it. But as it got closer to my departure date and there was no sign of the tickets, I got worried and called them back. They said they had been delivered. I said no, I didn't get them...I got the same woman with the accent. She read my address and everything back to me again...yes...all correct. Yes...so they've been delivered. I said no, they haven't. I hung up, called and got a different guy. He said they had been delivered to the address in Ohio. I said, no, I don't live in Ohio....how did they end up there? He says it's buy zipcode...I tell him, the gal read it back to me and it was right. So just to double check, he had me give him the address. Every time there was supposed to be an 8, he said 5. So the woman with the accent mixed up the numbers 8 and 5. He had to cancel the previous tickets and issue new ones, which I decided to get by email and print off instead of getting paper tickets sent to me.

There is a cashier at our local 7/11 that mixes how he pronounces 2 numbers too when he tells you how much. He always charges what the register states and gives the correct $$ back but trying to understand him and then interpret what he is really trying to say, oy.

Gabe1

Yeah, my biggest issue is that it looks GREAT when the stylist does it...then I go home and I can't get it to do what the stylist did. My hair is slightly wavey, so I have to use a straightening iron to tame it, but the ends always flip the wrong way when I do it. I have no idea what I do wrong. But it's only until it grows long enough to put in a ponytail, because as soon as it gets to that length, up it goes. I wash it and tie it back when it's still wet, take it down at night when I go to bed. Easy-peazy.

Yep, we live the same life with our hair. When I was little my hair was thick but very straight. As a teen it became wavy. When I was little my Mom took me every couple weeks to get a pixie and my bangs were short. I hated it. I was probably like 10 before she relented.

Gabe1

Hubby has an electric snowblower, but unless it's a dry snow, I won't let him use it in ice, which doesn't work, or very wet snow. He says it's grounded, but I don't trust electricity and water!

Well you guys are not Tim the Tool Man Taylor now are ya? Those electric ones I swear are good for snowfalls in Georgia, that is about it.
I wish mine was larger than it is.

Gabe1

I recall years ago, that my father said that the reason why Europe's rail travel was superior to ours here in the U.S., was because after WWII, the priority was to transport as many people as possible, in an effective manner. So putting money and work into rail travel was the most efficient way of doing that, while back here in the U.S., the focus was on the family car.

Yes. And the very same thing put our own steel mills out of business. We rebuilt theirs, was state of the art and better quality. We didn't think all that through. Very least we should have updated our stuff too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom