The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Oooo...!
Here's a fancy one... :)

large-red-santa.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Every Christmas, the fire trucks come around the town's streets with Santa. They say it's a tradition for 30 years but I don't remember them doing it until a few years ago. They got money from a local business, that's why they had money to do it this year. Though I do wonder how many people actually go out of the house to see him?

santas-coming.gif
I love small town stuff like that; if I lived there, I'd definitely go outside and wave at Santa! :joyfull:

Our town does all sorts of fests and special events. Still no firefighter Santa's though. Most are sponsored through our businesses and Lions Club. Most are lots of fun and you see people you don't see often, the whole town tends to file in many of them. They do an elabore Santa every year. Once he came down a rope from a helecopter, once in a real sleigh with reindeer another time a fleet of sheriff cars came into the center with lights and sirens and out popped Santa. The little kids love it and the older ones start guessing how Santa will arrive this year. The fest is free however it is asked that families donate a toy collected that evening to Toys for Tots.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Well, it's past midnight, so it's officially Christmas Eve day ... and I still have some wrapping to do.
This has only ever happened to me once before; at which time I swore "Never again".

Oh well, time to haul out the gift bags. I am done! And doner!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Ship them my way please. Love me some dark chocolate. Yesterday my daughter brought over a box of chocolate covered orange jelly's. I believe that I absorbed them through my skin because I don't remember eating them all, yet they are gone. Mystery! Chocolate and Orange go so well together.

Fannie May Candies, originally from here but who the heck knows where these days...they have a dark chocolate covered orange peel that is candied then it is dipped in dark chocolate, my Moms favorite.

seahawk7

@donaldtoo , I see you are from Austin, TX. Just wondering if you have ever been over to New Mexico around July 4th time frame? I am thinking of a week vaca during that time period and was wondering what the weather was like? From what I have read the temps around Santa Fe area is good but north west New Mexico and Albuquerque get's warm but not the humidity. I think I am more concerned about rain. Any info?

I am looking at May around Memorial day or July 4th. Thanks. Working a little ahead. My husband works in a small office and wants to put in time this Friday.
You do know I live in New Mexico right? ;) But feel free to ask the guy from Texas. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom