The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MOXOMUMD

:
Guess who's up? I'm not even at work but I can't sleep! The annoying thing about it is that I wanted to get up by 830 to get an early start. So hopefully I can get tired in the next 30 minutes. I took the advice I heard that if you can't sleep, try doing something else until you get tired. Hopefully it works. I think @MinnieM123 should be awake soon and @JenniferS is maybe having trouble sleeping is awake too. Here is breakfast, enjoy!

Mens-Breakfast.jpg
I was awake but refusing to turn on the light. Having a nightmare of my ex and his little girlfriend trying to kick me out of my house. :( Happy birthday to me. :grumpy:

StarWarsGirl

Blah. I hate driving distance in the rain or snow, it takes so much longer and more stressful.

I always ripped my kids out of school for a couple weeks at a time. Never made a difference. They did the work, they did well, life went on, despite the tantrums of many predicting doom every time. I was far more careful when they hit high school though. It was more difficult to make up tests with so many teachers. My DH was a math major so that subject was covered and in most cases better. I'd watch more for a pattern of days that would keep them from missing the least amount of days when they were in high school.

When all else failed if it was a shorter trip and they had a few less than amicable teachers I'd lie. I'd either call them in with a family emergency, call in as personal days or I'd call them in sick. Sometimes multiple the same trip. My kids learned early on the truth wasn't always what it was cracked up to be.
We used to write on the note that it was "personal family business". It was an excused absence. For elementary school, the principal was a DVC member and huge Disney fan. She did not care. Neither did any of the teachers. high school, we did it so that I only missed four days. We'd do it on a four day week. My first year of high school, I got the stomach virus two days before the trip and ended up missing six days in total (my mom had it while we were down there). The second year there I missed one day because it snowed the rest of the week. :rolleyes:

Usually there was a procedure for telling teachers that you were going to be out in high school. The first year I told none of my teachers where I was going. The rest of the time, I told the teachers I could trust (and who did not care). The only teacher who ever gave me a hard time was my Spanish 3 & 6 teacher. Spanish 3 she was better about it, especially since I got sick right before the trip. Spanish 6 she knew where I was going (because she'd had me for a while and was not stupid) so she was a little more difficult about that, but her father died the week I was gone and she was out herself, so she was difficult right after that. I just chalk it up to personal issues.

The only year that I had an issue was junior year and senior year. We were gone four days, and they were only going to excuse 3 of them (new principal, her policy). Thankfully, the assistant principal was kind enough to suggest that we visit a college while I was down there, as that would get the additional day excused. I applied to UCF and visited both years to get the extra day off. I did seriously consider going there, and they offered me a decent scholarship, but it was still too much financially.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Guess who's up? I'm not even at work but I can't sleep! The annoying thing about it is that I wanted to get up by 830 to get an early start. So hopefully I can get tired in the next 30 minutes. I took the advice I heard that if you can't sleep, try doing something else until you get tired. Hopefully it works. I think @MinnieM123 should be awake soon and @JenniferS is maybe having trouble sleeping is awake too. Here is breakfast, enjoy!

Mens-Breakfast.jpg
I actually went to bed early last night - 1:30'ish, and slept until 8:30!

I have a full and exciting day today! Sitting at the dentist's with Bro #2 right now. He is in mega pain, and will probably have to have his last molar pulled. Sadly, the tooth is likely too far gone to be saved.

After getting done with him, I have to rush over to Missionary Auntie's to pick her up and take her to Emerg. She is 5 days into antibiotic treatment for an upper respiratory infection, and is sicker than ever.
She can't even walk up the 5 steps to get to her bathroom.
In the meantime, hopefully she can find favour with KLM and get her flight ticket changed for a nominal fee.
She's booked to leave for Africa on the 30th, but the doctor won't clear her to fly until she is fully recovered for one week.

And then, after all this, I still have to finish wrapping. :arghh:
(It's not entirely my fault it's not done. Two of my bros were short $$ this year, and did their gift shopping from my stash of extra stuff. Happens every year that someone needs help, so I always buy extra.)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Spoke too soon. The two teeth can be saved. With $1000 worth of root canals, not covered by benefits.
So guess who gets to pay.

Also, Auntie is too sick to deal with KLM.
So guess who gets to call them.

JenniferS, building Karma ....

FutureCEO

Mens-Breakfast.jpg

those eggs are calling my name

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom