The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Mickey Ears

In a diaper pail (covered) but when you opened it up it brought tears to your eyes. Environmentally it would have been counter productive to not wash in batches instead of individually.
Woah, that must have smelled ripe. I love the pamper pail that I have now that you push the pamper through the hole after you wrap it up it goes into a trash bag. After it fills up you take the lid off and tie the string and out in the trash bin it goes.

donaldtoo

We never did cloth diapers.
I've mentioned this here before, but, some friends of ours that were starting a family just before us talked about it and did some research.
According to them, the extra water usage and detergent you put out there in having to wash all those dirty diapers made it kinda' an environmental wash, so to speak. ;)

But, boy howdy, do I ever remember the reeking diaper pail from when I was a kiddo... :confused:
My mom used cloth diapers with me and my 2 younger brothers, but, when my 12-year-younger sis came along, she switched to disposable.

And yes, I definitely changed my share of poopy, or otherwise, diapers.
With the way our schedule was back then, quite possibly even more than DWifey...! ;) :)

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Thank you ever so much! Still no meal or cake here:mad: My dh is excused he got stuck a little later than he thought he would yesterday and he's working today. My boys on the other hand :mad: They might be sleeping out in the tent tonight. My youngest did ask for a loan to get his girlfriend a gift for her birthday:mad::rolleyes::cautious::banghead::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::eek::eek::eek:

Oh Dear. :(

With it now being Monday I hope this story had a late but happier ending.

Songbird76

Our little girl found a pencil, went to her room and drew a line all around her bedroom. She blamed it on the dog.:D
Ha!! Ours had a hello kitty stamp and stamped all over the wall behind the door when I was in the kitchen. Oh the things they get into when mommy isn't looking.
Funniest thing...when DD was just a newborn, my husband had taken 2 weeks off of work to help out. So he goes back to work after 2 weeks. He comes home one day and both of us need to go to the bathroom. I wasn't supposed to use stairs any more than absolutely necessary (Physical therapist's orders)...hubby says "I'll wait...you go first." and I said that was sweet, but...why? We have 2 bathrooms and he could use the one upstairs. He says he doesn't want to leave DD unattended....she was in the playpen. I asked him if he thought I waited the whole day to go to the bathroom when he was at work so I didn't have to leave her unattended. He looked so shocked...he had never even thought about the fact that I would need to use the bathroom periodically when he wasn't there.:hilarious: I was like...no, really..it's ok. She's 3 weeks old. She's not going anywhere and you won't find her chugging a bottle of bleach or writing on the walls when you come back.

Songbird76

You have a keeper. Hubby never once changed a dirty diaper. Oh course, it was a different time back at that time. Daughter is 46 this year.
My hubby had nightime diaper duty when ours were small. I had to do the breast feedings, so he got to do the diapers. He didn't mind though. He even laughed when DD waited until he had JUST gotten her diaper off and she shot poo all over him. She was less than a week old, I'm pretty sure. She was an expert at peeing on him whenever we were at her wellness checks, too. The diaper had to come off so they could weigh her and EVERY time, she peed down the front of daddy's shirt. Talented little she was!! And she never did it to me. Only to daddy.

Songbird76

Off to throw in a load of laundry, and fix

That explains it. I actually loved changing diapers. Special time for me and daughter. ( except the poop ones), did those as fast as possible.:D:hungover:
This reminds me of when we were at a baby shower for one of my friends...I don't remember which one, but all my friends over here are from different countries and we met in the language school, learning Dutch. Baby showers are not done in the Netherlands, but all of us were from countries where there was something like it at least, so we always did them for each other, but sometimes the hubbies had to be there because none of us had drivers licenses. So at this one, my hubby was there, too, and my friends wanted to get the men involved. So they had a game where the dads had to compete at putting an old fashioned cloth diaper on a doll...most of us girls didn't even know how to use a cloth diaper. But it was so funny because it was a big race, and all the men were trying to be as fast as possible and then there's my husband counting fingers and tickling toes, blowing raspberries on the doll's tummy, anything but concerned about how fast he was getting the diaper on. But that's exactly how he was with diaper changes...both of us were more the kind to take our time and talk to them while we did diapers or got them dressed. I read my daughter Harry Potter while I was breast feeding her as a newborn. Bonding time!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Solidarity, sister!! It must be out of sympathy for those of us whose washing machines are still broken. Grrrrrr. Whirlpool STILL has not called. Hubby will call them tomorrow and give them what for. Whatever that means....I always wondered.
Sympathy like. I know your pain. When our old washer died it took a few days to get a new one. I lucked out and the one I wanted was on sale but I was still with out a washer for a while. I had to go to the laundry mat:depressed::hungover::grumpy: I only did what was absolutely needed to hold us over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom