The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Sorry, I hope this isn't offensive to you, but this made me laugh, just because you could be describing where I grew up. Wyoming is cold, and Yellowstone is basically one giant super volcano. But I love Wyoming. We're planning on traveling through Iceland again on our next trip and I'm hoping we have an evening layover so maybe I can see the Northern lights...that's on my bucket list.
Certainly not offensive to me. Those that know me well, know that I make sarcastic remarks about just about everything. I know, in fact I'm sure, that Iceland is a bit of heaven for many people. Just not me. BTW, I managed to see a little of the Northern lights from the plane when coming into Iceland. At least, I think it was Northern Lights, it looked like the pictures I have seen.

Cesar R M

French Quarter

The thing is that that song is from my childhood...when you're 3 years old, you don't necessarily think about what's real and not real...I just knew the Bible stories and there was no drummer boy. And I was a somewhat shy girl, so the thought of going with some strange people I didn't know to go see the baby was creepy. So I didn't like the song. I associated it with negative things. And I never got past it...it's one of those things where, I didn't understand the meaning behind it. My 3 year old self didn't know that the wise men didn't come at Christmas, or that they didn't come to the manger. What my 3 year old self DID understand was that there was no drummer boy in the story, and that we're not supposed to talk to strangers, or go with them when they ask us if we want to go see their puppy. Is it rational? No, of course not. I was a kid. And I just never grew to like the song. Much like I hate the color orange. There's no real rational reason that I don't like it, I just don't. As a child, I refused to color with orange, except the sun, because it actually appears orange. But I don't like the color. Sorry, but I just don't like that song. Never have, and probably never will, whether it's rational or not.

Sorry...I thought you meant you found it creepy now. Didn't know you were talking about when you were a toddler.

You are allowed to not like a Christmas carol. Lol There are lots I don't care for. I was just responding to the reason being that it is about something that is isn't from the Bible.

Songbird76

Certainly not offensive to me. Those that know me well, know that I make sarcastic remarks about just about everything. I know, in fact I'm sure, that Iceland is a bit of heaven for many people. Just not me. BTW, I managed to see a little of the Northern lights from the plane when coming into Iceland. At least, I think it was Northern Lights, it looked like the pictures I have seen.
Oh I'm jealous. When we flew, we got there in the middle of the afternoon, so it was daylight, and when we came back, I didn't think to look. 6 months later, I was like "OH!!! Why didn't I look for the Northern lights!?" So now I'm hoping for a "do-over".

donaldtoo

Although I don't drink beer, I did travel to Ireland one time. In all the pubs, all they served (to the people travelling with me) was warm beer. That didn't go over so well with my friends at that time . . . but that's just the way they serve their Guinness and Harp, and goodness knows what other kinds of beer they have over there! :p

Yep, I've had my Guinness (I've had Harp before, as well :hungry:) both cold and room temp, and I prefer room temp. :hungry:
If you think about it, most of those old world beer recipes were invented before refrigeration, so they had to taste good "warm". ;)

Songbird76

Sorry...I thought you meant you found it creepy now. Didn't know you were talking about when you were a toddler.

You are allowed to not like a Christmas carol. Lol There are lots I don't care for. I was just responding to the reason being that it is about something that is isn't from the Bible.
No, I just never got over the aversion I had to it as a small child. And so my brain associates it with the childhood feelings of "creeptastic" and "not in the Bible". LOGICALLY, I know it's not about that. But my inner child still doesn't like it.

Goofyernmost

Day 4 of the Adventure... Friday October 22nd

Lots to see in Paris...

After a bit of a rest we headed out this morning with two major destinations. The first being The Louvre and the second Notre Dame Cathedral.
IMG_20151023_221304608_HDR.jpg
As you might guess, this place is massive. So I will confine my photos to some of the most famous works in the building with just this comment. You had better be in shape to walk and walk a long way, up and down stairs if you decide to visit this amazing place. First let's see the postage sized masterpiece called the Mona Lisa.
IMG_20151023_223925436.jpg
Then Venus De Milo...
IMG_20151023_233530063.jpg
And, of course... The Winged Victory..
IMG_20151023_231245449.jpg There are obviously way to many treasures to photograph everything that the Louvre holds within it's walls and since we only had one day left in Paris we had to pick and choose. A serious art traveler would need to spend at least a week exploring it's many floors and areas. The grandeur of the building itself is jaw dropping. So off to Notre Dame Cathedral. No need for more commentary... it speaks for itself.
IMG_20151024_010714882_HDR.jpg

IMG_20151024_012143389.jpg

IMG_20151024_030431627.jpg

IMG_20151024_030107799_HDR.jpg

IMG_20151024_013548268.jpg That's it for now, but, we did go into other very old buildings that contained a lot of history that was completely lost on a simple mind like my own. Oh, yea the food was good too, especially McDonalds. (which, BTW, are everywhere along with a certain rodent who at the time being will remain nameless.) :) They do have good French Fries!

donaldtoo

It is hubby's dream to be a Dapper Dan, so we kind of stalked them. I do like their Christmas outfits.

On the morning of our oldest DDs 21st birthday on our trip in July of '12, the Dapper Dans sang Happy Birthday to her on the trolley up Main Street USA.
Little did she know, she was also about to get a marriage proposal from SIL in front of the castle shortly after we finished the ride.
One awesome morning in the MK, indeed...!!! :joyfull: :happy: :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Day 4 of the Adventure... Friday October 22nd

Lots to see in Paris...

After a bit of a rest we headed out this morning with two major destinations. The first being The Louvre and the second Notre Dame Cathedral.
View attachment 121742
As you might guess, this place is massive. So I will confine my photos to some of the most famous works in the building with just this comment. You had better be in shape to walk and walk a long way, up and down stairs if you decide to visit this amazing place. First let's see the postage sized masterpiece called the Mona Lisa.
View attachment 121743
Then Venus De Milo...
View attachment 121744
And, of course... The Winged Victory..
View attachment 121746 There are obviously way to many treasures to photograph everything that the Louvre holds within it's walls and since we only had one day left in Paris we had to pick and choose. A serious art traveler would need to spend at least a week exploring it's many floors and areas. The grandeur of the building itself is jaw dropping. So off to Notre Dame Cathedral. No need for more commentary... it speaks for itself.
View attachment 121747

View attachment 121750

View attachment 121751

View attachment 121752

View attachment 121753 That's it for now, but, we did go into other very old buildings that contained a lot of history that was completely lost on a simple mind like my own. Oh, yea the food was good too, especially McDonalds. (which, BTW, are everywhere along with a certain rodent who at the time being will remain nameless.) :) They do have good French Fries!
Thank you! your pics are awesome. I do have a question. Did you really eat at McDonald's?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom