The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

French Quarter

Ohh, sorry. Missed this. Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving. Phil and I did a quiet one, just ourselves because he has serious road rage and I kind of didn't want to put up listening to him scream for an entire hour driving to his family's house. So it went a little something like this:
View attachment 121565 View attachment 121566 View attachment 121567 View attachment 121568 View attachment 121569 View attachment 121570

Looks beautiful....and delicious!

French Quarter

Just wanted to post some more pics of our day at Disneyland last week. Goofy's Kitchen was just OK, definitely not worth $38.99 for adults. Although I thought $22.99 for kids was totally worth it for the character interaction. We were seated at one end of the restaurant, near the exit that the characters would go through frequently, so we saw them a lot, but each character only came by once to our table. And it was only Pluto, Minnie, Chip, and Dale. After you check in, you get to meet Goofy and take pics with him, which my daughter loved.

View attachment 121572
View attachment 121574
View attachment 121573
View attachment 121578

My dinner plate of all brown or beige food. :D Fried chicken and chicken nuggets were pretty tasty. Everything else was decent. There were other items that looked good, but I was already full after this plate.
View attachment 121575

DD absolutely LOVED the popcorn shrimp! Mac & cheese was good, too.
View attachment 121576

My dessert plate. My favorites were the bread pudding, creme brûlée, brownie, and cookies & cream tart. The strawberry thing was too sweet, the pear tart was decent, the lemon tart was good if you really like lemon, and the chocolate rice krispies treat had a weird taste.
View attachment 121577

Looks really fun! Goofy in a chef's hat always makes me happy.

French Quarter

@MR FERRET , when I've watched the old Christmas movies about Scrooge, etc., (and his clerk -- Bob Cratchitt's) family, always gets excited about the Christmas meal (goose), but also they love the "pudding". Is pudding on Christmas still something nowadays that the British people have for dessert? (I assume it's probably plum pudding.) I've always been curious about that, as I find international holiday food customs interesting. :)

In the UK, pudding means dessert.

Songbird76

I wanted to say something about Iceland, but, I was afraid that I might offend someone that has a connection or even lives there (why is beyond me) so I will steal a line from Ron White and alter it slightly to read... If you ever get the opportunity to travel to Iceland.... Don't. Maybe it was because I hate cold weather or am not particularly fond of living on what is essentially an active volcano or just the dismal way the terminal at the airport looked and operated, but, absolutely nothing about the place made me think, gee, I must spend more time here. On the cruise back to the states they were pushing Iceland tourism to a very high degree. Both in cruise availability and lectures about the wonders of horseback riding through the frozen tundra that could explode at any moment. (I added that last part) :joyfull:
Sorry, I hope this isn't offensive to you, but this made me laugh, just because you could be describing where I grew up. Wyoming is cold, and Yellowstone is basically one giant super volcano. But I love Wyoming. We're planning on traveling through Iceland again on our next trip and I'm hoping we have an evening layover so maybe I can see the Northern lights...that's on my bucket list.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
@MR FERRET , when I've watched the old Christmas movies about Scrooge, etc., (and his clerk -- Bob Cratchitt's) family, always gets excited about the Christmas meal (goose), but also they love the "pudding". Is pudding on Christmas still something nowadays that the British people have for dessert? (I assume it's probably plum pudding.) I've always been curious about that, as I find international holiday food customs interesting. :)
I will find someone who is British and ask them ;)

MOXOMUMD

Not a good picture but this is a new member in my mom's house. She answers to Baby Kitty but her name is LSK, (Little S**t Kitty). She likes to attack toes, sits right in front of the tv so you can't see and will jump in the toilet if you leave the lid up. :facepalm: Sooo glad she isn't mine. :cat:

20151130_150451(1).jpg That's a peacock feather she pulled out of a floral display and destroyed.

MOXOMUMD

Christmas pudding (or plum pudding or figgy pudding) is a dessert made with dried or candied fruit. Yorkshire pudding is like a popover bread. My best friends (originally from England) make it with the same fruit mixture you'd find in a fruitcake.

French Quarter

Christmas pudding (or plum pudding or figgy pudding) is a dessert made with dried or candied fruit. Yorkshire pudding is like a popover bread. My best friends (originally from England) make it with the same fruit mixture you'd find in a fruitcake.

That is right. And it is delicious! Especially with a nice sauce poured over top. It is part of my family's Christmas tradition as we come from the UK.

But "pudding" is a term used in the UK throughout the year and it is used to mean dessert.

betty rose

Ohh, sorry. Missed this. Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving. Phil and I did a quiet one, just ourselves because he has serious road rage and I kind of didn't want to put up listening to him scream for an entire hour driving to his family's house. So it went a little something like this:
View attachment 121565 View attachment 121566 View attachment 121567 View attachment 121568 View attachment 121569 View attachment 121570
You set a very nice table, with lots of good looking food and beverages!

betty rose

Just wanted to post some more pics of our day at Disneyland last week. Goofy's Kitchen was just OK, definitely not worth $38.99 for adults. Although I thought $22.99 for kids was totally worth it for the character interaction. We were seated at one end of the restaurant, near the exit that the characters would go through frequently, so we saw them a lot, but each character only came by once to our table. And it was only Pluto, Minnie, Chip, and Dale. After you check in, you get to meet Goofy and take pics with him, which my daughter loved.

View attachment 121572
View attachment 121574
View attachment 121573
View attachment 121578

My dinner plate of all brown or beige food. :D Fried chicken and chicken nuggets were pretty tasty. Everything else was decent. There were other items that looked good, but I was already full after this plate.
View attachment 121575

DD absolutely LOVED the popcorn shrimp! Mac & cheese was good, too.
View attachment 121576

My dessert plate. My favorites were the bread pudding, creme brûlée, brownie, and cookies & cream tart. The strawberry thing was too sweet, the pear tart was decent, the lemon tart was good if you really like lemon, and the chocolate rice krispies treat had a weird taste.
View attachment 121577
I love fried chicken, and the dessert plate looks amazing! Thanks for sending your photo's. Love seeing anything Disney related!

Songbird76

The Wise Men (Magi, actually) are celebrated in the church at Epiphany which is January 6. It is different season than Christmas. They did not come to the manger at all. So that is all re-imagined by pop culture. They came to a house and scholars say that it was a year or more after the birth given the dates when Herrod reigned and ordered the murder of the boys.

I personally have no problem with people using their imaginations at Christmas and imagining characters that weren't specifically mentioned in the narrative. I was just pointing out that it is weird to be upset that there is a song about a character not mentioned in the Bible when most of the images the world uses to celebrate at Christmas are not biblically accurate.

Sorry...this is what I do for a living. I realize though that this is technically talking about religion so I will leave it at that.
The thing is that that song is from my childhood...when you're 3 years old, you don't necessarily think about what's real and not real...I just knew the Bible stories and there was no drummer boy. And I was a somewhat shy girl, so the thought of going with some strange people I didn't know to go see the baby was creepy. So I didn't like the song. I associated it with negative things. And I never got past it...it's one of those things where, I didn't understand the meaning behind it. My 3 year old self didn't know that the wise men didn't come at Christmas, or that they didn't come to the manger. What my 3 year old self DID understand was that there was no drummer boy in the story, and that we're not supposed to talk to strangers, or go with them when they ask us if we want to go see their puppy. Is it rational? No, of course not. I was a kid. And I just never grew to like the song. Much like I hate the color orange. There's no real rational reason that I don't like it, I just don't. As a child, I refused to color with orange, except the sun, because it actually appears orange. But I don't like the color. Sorry, but I just don't like that song. Never have, and probably never will, whether it's rational or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom