The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

You'll probably hear back soon. I applied early action to all the schools I applied to and had decisions for most of them by mid December. :)

In the meantime, just really look for some outside scholarships. Schools that offer early action sometimes won't offer merit-based scholarships to the students who get in because they know you'll attend there, and you don't want to be completely reliant on student loans.

StarWarsGirl

Won't be seeing it until January :(
Avoid the internet until then. Unless you want spoilers...

Which admittedly is part of the reason why we're seeing it ASAP. Taking my brother because my friends and parents say they're not nerds...:grumpy: and the friend who would go with me wouldn't be able to go until at least Sunday, and I said, "I love you, but this is Star Wars.":hilarious: So my brother gets to go. I wanted to go on Thursday night, but my parents told me not on a school night with him, which I understand. So I'll pick him up from school that day and we'll immediately go to the theater.

MOXOMUMD

:p I laughed over this, because it just took me back to my childhood, when my grandmother would have similar types of vague answers. She'd drive us around in her big old car, and she had no sense of direction (I inherited that trait by the way . . . :rolleyes:). Even as kids, we knew she had no idea where we were, and we'd ask her, "Grammie, where are we?" She'd say, "Oh, we're here." Our response would be, "But Grammie, where are we going?" Grammie: "There . . ." :hilarious:
My mom would never say if she was lost. She would always say "We're adventuring". :D

Last edited:

betty rose

The thing is that that song is from my childhood...when you're 3 years old, you don't necessarily think about what's real and not real...I just knew the Bible stories and there was no drummer boy. And I was a somewhat shy girl, so the thought of going with some strange people I didn't know to go see the baby was creepy. So I didn't like the song. I associated it with negative things. And I never got past it...it's one of those things where, I didn't understand the meaning behind it. My 3 year old self didn't know that the wise men didn't come at Christmas, or that they didn't come to the manger. What my 3 year old self DID understand was that there was no drummer boy in the story, and that we're not supposed to talk to strangers, or go with them when they ask us if we want to go see their puppy. Is it rational? No, of course not. I was a kid. And I just never grew to like the song. Much like I hate the color orange. There's no real rational reason that I don't like it, I just don't. As a child, I refused to color with orange, except the sun, because it actually appears orange. But I don't like the color. Sorry, but I just don't like that song. Never have, and probably never will, whether it's rational or not.
I understand that. My sister made up words to the Teddy Bear Picnic song. She knew I loved my Favorite Teddy, so she sang when parents weren't around, how someone was going to steal my Teddy Bear. She made me cry every time she sang it. I hate that song to this day. And I don't like orange or brown either!;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom