The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Oh my. Sympathy like.
But, I couldn't help but also :hilarious: either...Jack's a hoot...! :oops: ;)
I'm a grilling guy mostly, but, actually haven't done that much in recent years.
I remember some fun with the family strudel recipe before I got it pretty much perfected. Funny thing was it wasn't so much the recipe per se, as just getting 'em rolled up properly for baking. If you don't get it right, you end up with a bunch of ingredients that burst out and kinda' make a mess all over the baking sheet. Once I got it down, beautiful...! :hungry: :happy:
Good for you to keep trying. Hubby is so afraid he will fail, he won't try anything. He sees ingredients as money, and he won't let go. So sad. I understand as he often went without meals growing up. I keep telling him, it's okay....but his Mom and Dad is in his head. Just like the rest of us. So glad to hear that Mom and Pop are doing well. A very happy and healthy new year for them and your family. I know it's early, but we celebrate with the kids and we leave early and come home late. I don't come on, on most holidays. We have to travel, usually in not the best of weather.

Goofyernmost

Except it wasnt. the First run Disneys were actually for running.
Disney just made the runs very broad now for $$$.
And the real runners are now complaining.
ID say Disney can fix this easily by just organizing their runs properly.
aka first pros, then fit people, then general people.
so when the non fit people stop.. they do not block the pro runners way.
Of course they can, but, the bigger question is should they. This is Disney... it is for everybody, not just jocks and highly competitive people. The purpose of Disney is to make people feel good. This makes people feel good and provides, for money or not, an opportunity for others to safely and happily accomplish things that make the magic. There are plenty of places for the true runner to do a serious run, Disney doesn't have to be that place.

Besides, like I said, and I will maintain the numbers of unable people that participate in the higher end runs are very limited and quickly out of anyone's way. If they are not able to reach areas in a prescribed time, they are picked up and taken off the track. It's just that the runners don't want their playground contaminated by people that are less physically able. Very selfish and self-serving for no real measurable reason. It makes for a good excuse as to why they didn't win it. Oh, those "people" got in my way. Bull!

betty rose

The first performance was from Gloria and Emilio Estefan's new Broadway musical and the music was definitely from CD. They just did the one performance. I thought it was great and it made me want to go see the musical. Maybe it was something else? I'm really not sure.
I'm not sure either it was about a half hour before the parade started. So maybe it was a fill in performer.

French Quarter

Funny. I love both of those songs and they bring back such great Christmas memories, along with so many other Christmas songs. I see nothing "creepy" about Little Drummer Boy, and love the other song, as well.
Different strokes.

I like it too. A couple of years ago, the little kids at our church sang this and came in with their little drums at Christmas Eve. I thought it was wonderful. Asking the drummer boy come to the manger was no more creepy than asking the shepherds, who would have been about the same age. I really don't think they were worried about pedophiles in the year zero. Lol

Last edited:

French Quarter

I agree that it depends if you buy a lot or not.

Prime is very worth for me for example, as I buy constantly. And most of their offers offer free shipping to Mexico (global saver) which is very expensive in the non prime way.

Yes, I can see if you don't get free shipping without it. That would save you a bunch. I always get free shipping without it.

catmom46

It seems to me that if the doctor recommended that you get one that you should get one regardless of the price.

If the doctor told you to take a certain medication, would you refuse to take it because of the price? I think not. That is just asinine.

There is a reason that he told you to get one. Perhaps the same reason he uses one?

Actually you can't make that comparison because medication can be a necessity while the Fitbit isn't. It's just a measuring tool, it doesn't directly affect your health.

French Quarter

We don't have Netflix. Maybe next year....looks like a lot of good movies to watch.

I think we are the only people in the world that had it for awhile and then cancelled it. Yes, there are a lot of good things on there but if you already have cable, you might not have time for both. Our cable comes with on demand channels as well that show free tv shows and something called Shomi which is just like Netflix only free. I know it's only like $8 a month but we had only used it 3 times in as many months so decided to save the cash. So, I would say choose one or another. You can try it for free though, I do believe.

betty rose

YEA! My dh is finally running power for my sewing table. It's too far from the nearest outlet and it's in the only spot that works for it. I keep a table to the left of it to hold up fabric on bulky projects. I've was putting my machine on my dining room table forever! He says he won't want me moving the new one around all the time. I still don't know which model I'm getting:cautious: It's sitting wrapped in plain brown paper sealed with ducktape. I'm getting way too curious for my own good. BTW @MinnieM123 my dh went to our small local hardware store for what he needed for the project.:)
You have the best hubby ever! I'm so excited and happy for you. You work so hard. I'm glad hubby is good to you!

catmom46

I think we are the only people in the world that had it for awhile and then cancelled it. Yes, there are a lot of good things on there but if you already have cable, you might not have time for both. Our cable comes with on demand channels as well that show free tv shows and something called Shomi which is just like Netflix only free. I know it's only like $8 a month but we had only used it 3 times in as many months so decided to save the cash. So, I would say choose one or another. You can try it for free though, I do believe.

I switched to Netflix cuz cable was just too expensive and it seemed like the same movies were on rotation. But then a lot of new good shows came out and I wanted cable again. But a lot of them are on Netflix now, although once I've caught up in the series I want to keep watching. It's a vicious cycle. :rolleyes:

betty rose

Funny. I love both of those songs and they bring back such great Christmas memories, along with so many other Christmas songs. I see nothing "creepy" about Little Drummer Boy, and love the other song, as well.
Different strokes.
We sang those in choir, every year. I never thought of those as anything but Christmas songs. Now, I have to go look at the words. I must have been a dummy in school.

betty rose

I agree that it depends if you buy a lot or not.

Prime is very worth for me for example, as I buy constantly. And most of their offers offer free shipping to Mexico (global saver) which is very expensive in the non prime way.
We went to prime this year, it has saved us a lot of money too. We usually think about the next year's orders and then decide if it's for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom