The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Well @donaldtoo the Texans are nice people here. I told you I rescued the young girl from the snow? Look what she just brought me as a thank you!

CUsxB8DWEAAhRSU.jpg

I could hardly hear her speak, she is so quiet and then she sprinted across the street. Next thing I have to teach her is not to run where there is black ice.

donaldtoo

Well @donaldtoo the Texans are nice people here. I told you I rescued the young girl from the snow? Look what she just brought me as a thank you!

CUsxB8DWEAAhRSU.jpg

I could hardly hear her speak, she is so quiet and then she sprinted across the street. Next thing I have to teach her is not to run where there is black ice.

Oh my. :hungry:
Again, so sweet of you, and sweet of them, too. :)
Yep, that black ice thing can get ya'... :oops:

Gabe1

Eye update... It finally has started to get better. Nowhere near where it needs to be, but at least is making a move in the proper direction. I'm feeling a bit more optimistic now.

Something to be thankful for. Glad it is getting a bit better. One of the two eyes my Mom had done last year did that too. It took a few days longer than the Doc had thought but she is seeing so well now. I wish for you the same. :inlove:

French Quarter

Thanks for your concern, but, I didn't move all the way to North Carolina just because of the weather, a very large part of the move was because my daughters both lived here and I wanted to be near them. Because of that I will indeed be heading over to one of their homes (the closest one) tomorrow afternoon where I will be with both of them and my 4 grandkids plus Nila the dog. I shall be well taken care of, I'm sure.

Eye update... It finally has started to get better. Nowhere near where it needs to be, but at least is making a move in the proper direction. I'm feeling a bit more optimistic now.

So glad to hear that, Goof!

Goofyernmost

Something to be thankful for. Glad it is getting a bit better. One of the two eyes my Mom had done last year did that too. It took a few days longer than the Doc had thought but she is seeing so well now. I wish for you the same. :inlove:
Thanks, that is what I am wishing for as well. Like I said, not anywhere near what it should be, but, it is inching that way and I am hopeful. It hasn't been a week yet and that last two days have shown a really good change. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

We also do freshly cut and go to the farm and cut it down ourselves. They aren't that expensive here. Every year I'm never sure how early I should put it up since we don't take it down until after Epiphany.

We used to go cut fresh in the mountains of No Cal when I lived there as a kiddo. Always high enough that there was snow on the ground.
Here in Texas we actually have pine tree farms too, especially heading towards East Texas.
Unfortunately we haven't been to one since the kiddos were younger.
Might hafta' start that tradition up again, soon...! :)

donaldtoo

I was going through some stuff in my shed yesterday and I found a box of pictures and such, and there was a smaller box inside of it that contained some WWII era photos of some of my family, as well as a a letter written to my grandmother by her brother. The letter is dated 1944 and says it's from France. Then there's a newspaper article that says this same person was missing in action. I found on the internet that he was a POW in a german camp in Wurtemburg. And there were letters to my mother and grandmother from other relatives...Christmas cards really, but they look kind of like photocopies more than real cards. But they are all military and dated 1943 or 1944. I remember someone on here Maybe @donaldtoo or @Goofyernmost was a WWII buff. It's just family stuff, so not worth anything, but I found it fascinating, if anyone wanted to see.

Yes, I'm a big WWII buff, and would love to see. Sorry I'm so late, but, hope you shared...

Gabe1

I paid $1.71 a gallon on my way home from the office last night.
Just saw on GasBuddy that there's a place about 10 min. up the road at $1.67. :)

Nice. I'm at $1.92 Tomorrow will likely be more being a holiday and all, I will take it though 'till some made up trump'd up reason to double the price again. Jaded enough to know it will happen.

Doesn't make a difference to me now. Yesterday out of nowhere my SUV started to whine and squeal. Put it in a parking spot as the whine lessened and my DD and I grabbed a bite to eat and when I came out the car started right up but klunked when I put her in reverse and would not go in reverse. My mechanic called a tow truck and he dropped me home, I sent my DD home in a taxi cause she needed to get to work. Didn't even hear from mechanic, he is good but boy he is busy. Kid will be driving to Thanksgiving tomorrow. So strange even when it was squealing the gears and acceleration was just fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom