The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

French Quarter

Egg noodles, fresh or premade, butter makes everything taste better!

Yes that does taste yummy. Around here, noodles aren't part of a traditional Thanksgiving meal at all. But I notice as I have been watching the American cooking shows that people seem to serve mac and cheese and lasagna and things along side the turkey dinner. Sounds delicious. Just not something we have done. Maybe it's the Italian influence down there in the States?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
That's something I don't have, holiday dishes. I have stacks of plain white ones I got on clearance for big family get togethers. Maybe I'll venture out and look for some on sale this weekend. Just kidding I'd like some Christmas ones but it's money better spent elsewhere.

Believe it or not, I actually have Christmas china! I built up a set of Lenox in the classic, "Holiday" design with the holly and ivy. The rims of the pieces are 24 carat gold. Can't tell you how many years I collected a piece here and there, and received some as gifts. Only use the china once a year, but that makes it even more special to me. :inlove:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We are doing that right now, so the kids won't have too. We are downsizing to keep only essentials, it makes life less cluttered and complicated. We haven't moved for years, so things are overtaking me. Hubby likes "things", me not so much, I don't like to have so much to dust!

Mr. Bets is similar to Mr. MinnieM123. You see, hubby is a pack rat for things. I am way more Zen, and don't have a lot of things. (We sometimes clash over this . . . :rolleyes: :p )

Anyway, it's good that you're doing this downsizing at a comfortable pace. The problem we had when we were emptying out my parents house after they had passed on, was that nothing had been removed in there for many years. That's why it took us so long to go through everything. People who live in a house for 40 years can accumulate a lot of stuff . . .

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yeah, usually a small roux.

Roo? :confused:

latest

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well, I got out early at 1:45 today and took a train to the station. Waited 30 minutes for the local bus--it was a no show. :mad: So after waiting 30 minutes, I began to walk home and 20 minutes down the road, the bus flies by me! It was 45 minutes late, and I wasn't at a bus stop on the main road, so the driver would not stop for me. :( Took me an hour and 10 minutes to walk home. I was ticked off to say the least.

But I'm feeling better now, because I'm thinking about all the food at the restaurant tomorrow!! :joyfull:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Hahaaa...! Cool! :)
How does she like Austin?

She does, she has always been an adventurous person, outgoing and is enjoying all there is to do in Austin. If I were to stereotype she is that knock down beautiful blonde young woman with lots of brains. I've watched her over the years go from a LOUD teen, you always knew when she was around, to a classy grown up of 24. She went to U of I with my DD but spent half of her college years in Costa Rica.

Funny aside, she was a waterpark manager with my DD. They have a common problem when rules are being broken where some pretend not to speak or understand english. My DD always loved watching her flip to Spanish and regain control of the situation. While my DD can speak Spanish she can't claim to be nearly as good as this young lady.

Cesar R M

Well, I got out early at 1:45 today and took a train to the station. Waited 30 minutes for the local bus--it was a no show. :mad: So after waiting 30 minutes, I began to walk home and 20 minutes down the road, the bus flies by me! It was 45 minutes late, and I wasn't at a bus stop on the main road, so the driver would not stop for me. :( Took me an hour and 10 minutes to walk home. I was ticked off to say the least.

But I'm feeling better now, because I'm thinking about all the food at the restaurant tomorrow!! :joyfull:
you just made more space for the food of tomorrow:p

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
As long as it's a mom, that's the key element!!

My family only likes my stuffing and that is one of the few things my Mom learned from her Mom and passed onto me. So many stuffings are either very dry or have so much stuff plopped into them and the flavors seem to fight each other. Some of these concoctions make me gag. My Dads Mom my Gran that taught me to sew and cook put a spicy sausage in her stuffing. I didn't care for it so I never learned to make it. But I was young so it was likely just too much for a preteens taste 'cause the adults liked it but the dog didn't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom