The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Happy Thanksgiving on Monday to all our wonderful Canadian friends.
I have such fond memories of one Canadian Thanksgiving that will probably never leave my mind. It was 1971, my future wife decided that this was a good time to announce our engagement. Her two brothers jokingly asked what I had been doing to their little sister, her mother was wonderful and thought it was great news... her father sat there staring straight ahead with a facial expression that you would find on a person that was just told they were about to be drawn and quartered. He went into silence and a totally angry look on his face. It was later that day that he caught me alone and told me that marrying his daughter was like cutting off his legs. Yes, he was one of those jolly Canadians. Good times!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have such fond memories of one Canadian Thanksgiving that will probably never leave my mind. It was 1971, my future wife decided that this was a good time to announce our engagement. Her two brothers jokingly asked what I had been doing to their little sister, her mother was wonderful and thought it was great news... her father sat there staring straight ahead with a facial expression that you would find on a person that was just told they were about to be drawn and quartered. He went into silence and a totally angry look on his face. It was later that day that he caught me alone and told me that marrying his daughter was like cutting off his legs. Yes, he was one of those jolly Canadians. Good times!

:hilarious: (Family emotions run high around the holidays . . . :cautious: ) Too late now, but if you had a chance to do it over again, may I suggest that breaking big news like a proposal, to her dad, be done on any day, other than a national holiday!! :p

MOXOMUMD

More Cruise Photos
Candy Store on board

View attachment 113757

One of many bars on board. We played Trivia here.

View attachment 113758

Walk on a path in Mexico our Ship in the background.

View attachment 113759

Art show on board.

View attachment 113760

Rock climbing wall background and Acrobat foreground.

View attachment 113768

Thanks for allowing me to be your Cruise Director.
The Breeze had a huge candy shop too. I looked around but didn't buy anything.

Goofyernmost

:hilarious: (Family emotions run high around the holidays . . . :cautious: ) Too late now, but if you had a chance to do it over again, may I suggest that breaking big news to her dad, like a proposal, be done on any day, other than a national holiday!! :p
Yea, I'll take that into consideration the next time! ;) Anyone I might marry at my age would probably have to communicate with them in a seance. I think that ship has sailed quite a while ago.:)

betty rose

Good night, @betty rose! Nice talking to you today.
I loved talking to you too. I guess I have a very difficult decision to make. I got a call from the Doctor today. He went through all the blood tests and blood pressure values. I can't have more thyroid meds, it could cause me to have a stroke. I'm going to Disney and he says I can't do rope drop, or keep the kids or DD schedule, he want's me to relax. And I need to check with him when I get back. This is difficult for me, as I have been able to keep up. I know DD will do what the kids want, and I expect them too. How do I break it to her we will be on a different vacation this time? I've always loved the time we have spent with the GK and DD. I know she will be very disappointed, and hubby wants to protect me. What to do? Keep quiet or spill the beans. I don't want to ruin the trip for the GK and DD or hubby. Any suggestions? Should I just say I'm not feeling well and I need more rest? Any ideas from anyone will be very appreciated. xoxo

French Quarter

Happy Thanksgiving on Monday to all our wonderful Canadian friends.

Thank you, kindly.

Here's a shot from my city during this Canadian Thanksgiving.

Fredericton-fall-trails.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I loved talking to you too. I guess I have a very difficult decision to make. I got a call from the Doctor today. He went through all the blood tests and blood pressure values. I can't have more thyroid meds, it could cause me to have a stroke. I'm going to Disney and he says I can't do rope drop, or keep the kids or DD schedule, he want's me to relax. And I need to check with him when I get back. This is difficult for me, as I have been able to keep up. I know DD will do what the kids want, and I expect them too. How do I break it to her we will be on a different vacation this time? I've always loved the time we have spent with the GK and DD. I know she will be very disappointed, and hubby wants to protect me. What to do? Keep quiet or spill the beans. I don't want to ruin the trip for the GK and DD or hubby. Any suggestions? Should I just say I'm not feeling well and I need more rest? Any ideas from anyone will be very appreciated. xoxo

Sleep on it. The light of dawn may guide your decision.

French Quarter

And now he looks like this:

ceb857073c6ea98c538b061d33710553.png

betty rose

I'm sorry you had to experience that. My Mom was so angry at my choice she chose to have nothing to do with my wedding. She made my sister do the mother things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom