The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Is that for the August trip? I've got rain ponchos and back packs and glow sticks/rings for our trip too. I'm giving them to them at Christmas when we tell them we're staying longer than they think.
Yes my boys love all the silly little things for the trip. The tickets are going in a small box put inside a bigger box so on and so on. I think that's the only wrapping I'm doing the rest is going in bags. BTW shopping alert Christmas Tree Shops had some nice extra large reuseable bags for $1

Songbird76

Very nice! I have never been on a cruise, but hopefully someday. I still need to get my fix of Disney on land first. :cat:
I originally wanted to do a Disney cruise for our honeymoon, but because DH was a foreigner (we lived in the states then) he couldn't leave the country without messing up his application for residency and a cruise goes into foreign waters, so we went to DW instead. But now I'm glad because I've discovered that boats don't like me...or rather my stomach doesn't like boats, so a cruise might not have made for a happy honeymoon...and our honeymoon at WDW was AMAZING.

betty rose

I originally wanted to do a Disney cruise for our honeymoon, but because DH was a foreigner (we lived in the states then) he couldn't leave the country without messing up his application for residency and a cruise goes into foreign waters, so we went to DW instead. But now I'm glad because I've discovered that boats don't like me...or rather my stomach doesn't like boats, so a cruise might not have made for a happy honeymoon...and our honeymoon at WDW was AMAZING.
About the only thing you feel on this size of ship is the engines and only in certain places. I went on a smaller cruise ship years ago, on the Pacific, we had 30ft. waves, I could feel that. I liked it! It rocked me to sleep every night.:D:rolleyes:

donaldtoo

Wonderful, you are now joining the vegetable brigade.;):D

Hahaaa...!
Being the carnivore that I am, I've still always loved my veggies, actually. :hungry: But, too many times they've probably been slathered in something that wasn't all that healthy. :oops: So, that will change a bit, and I need to eat more fruit.
All of my eating will have to change for the healthier, but, their will still be the occasional pizza, cheeseburger, pork ribs, etc....! ;) :)

Songbird76

No four day weekend here. Not even for public schools. They have their normal 2 day weekend and I have my normal three day weekend. But my parents will be gone all day on Sunday for the Ravens game, and one of my best friends, who lives over an hour away, is coming down to hang out for the day! So two days of hard work, and then a nice day with my friend. Tomorrow, I have PT at 10:30, then will probably start taking my walks again (I haven't since my surgery, partly because I haven't had time).

First test done. I don't think I did great on it, but considering the rest of the class was taking a retest today, I'm not horribly worried about it. 45 minutes until my next class. Already changed campuses. Will grab lunch in a bit and then walk down the hall to my next class. Then off to get my car. Then over to other school to study and take other test. Then back here for a class. Then home, where I plan to watch TV (I'm behind on some of my shows, oddly. I think it's because I'm addicted to a Spanish-language show on Hulu right now...) and cuddle with my cat.
Good luck with the tests!!

Songbird76

I am technically full time at my school. Our school has two campuses because we can't build around the older campuses due to laws governing historical property, so the school bought land 15 minutes away, and that is the main campus. I have one class over at the main campus and two over at the other campus, and one online which has not started yet. My school is small with only about 4,000 undergrads. It's nice because I've never had a class with more than 25 people. The tough part is that we don't always have a lot of options, and one program we are lacking is foreign languages. We only have up to 200 level. I took 6 years of Spanish in high school plus the AP exam, so my first Spanish class for college needed to be 300 level. Since there are about 8 colleges with an hour radius of each other, they have a special program where if a class is not offered at your home school, you can take one class at another college per semester for full credit (no pass/fail stuff, A, A-, B+, B, etc.) and you don't have to pay anything; it just counts towards however many credits your tuition covers. So I take 15 credits per semester, and 12 of them are classes here, and then I go to one of the local, large state universities for one Spanish class per semester. So I'm in between three campuses. I'm at my school, between campuses, from 9:25-5:45 with a 1 1/2 hour break and a 3 hour break. I go over to the state school from 2-3:15 on Mondays and Wednesdays. I'm a peer tutor, so I work when I get appointments, which are generally Monday and Wednesday mornings, Monday evenings, Thursday evenings, and Friday afternoons, though that can vary.

In general, I'm very busy and run around like a chicken with its head cut off. I'm all over the place. And I avoid 8 am classes like the plague. But I keep a schedule. Up at 9 am on Mondays and Wednesdays (unless I have a morning tutoring appointment) 7:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, no more homework after 11 pm unless absolutely necessary, to bed between 11:30 and 1 am, depending on how tired I am and how much TV I feel like watching. And for right now, I have PT Mondays and Fridays, though that mostly affects work, and my boss is good about blocking off my schedule as long as I give him enough notice.
Oh wow, that's a really cool deal that you can take the course at the other college! Nice! I hated 8:00 am classes, but couldn't avoid them because of my major. With music, I had to take the pedagogy classes and they were only offered at 8:00 a.m, a different one every semester. (strings, percussion, woodwinds, guitar, brass, voice) What really sucked is that most of our classes in the music department were only one credit hour, one of them was mandatory every semester but didn't give any credits. So I always had 15 or 16 classes per semester. Granted, 3-5 of those were choirs and voice lessons so no real tests or anything...just concerts and the vocal jury for lessons. But it was still BUSY. I feel for you. I am so glad I don't have that schedule anymore! Hope yours won't be so busy next semester!!

Songbird76

Hahaha....I certainly have no trouble finding reasons to cheat. Like for instance...today is Thursday. That's worth celebrating. ;)
Then that shall be my excuse for my lunch today. To be fair, I wasn't home and had to find SOMETHING to eat. But I'm just going to say I was celebrating Thursday. Oh hey! Today is the 2nd Thursday of the month, which is when my friends and I always celebrate Cake Day. So I DID have a legitimate celebration today!!

donaldtoo

The Doc did, he upped my Thyroid medicine . I'm glad for that. Thanks. How is pop and Wifey, and yourself? I hope you are all recovering nicely! Good report on your procedure.:happy:

Good, I hope that works for you! :)
We're all doin' fine, thanks!
Pops up and about and doin' well, and I'm perfectly fine, and DWifey's knee is feeling a bit better. Won't know the results of her MRI and how they will be following up 'til tomorrow, though.
Thanks again for askin'...! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom