The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Ugh. Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but there's nothing I want that much to send me out into a mob like that. Ever since the Black Friday media hype started some years ago, I've just avoided shopping on that day. I'll go to small, local stores today or tomorrow (Small Business Saturday), but I'll definitely avoid big stores and malls like the plague today. I've also found that many good deals can be had on various days prior to Christmas, if you watch the online ads closely. That helps to save my sanity each year.

Yep, I don't want anything that much either. We have yet to leave the house today.
We used to have people come into TDS after the Holidays asking why we didn't have any post-holiday sales.
It's because we had them all through the Holidays. We had all kinda' product bulk-stacked and on sale for a solid month.

StarWarsGirl

Ugh. Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but there's nothing I want that much to send me out into a mob like that. Ever since the Black Friday media hype started some years ago, I've just avoided shopping on that day. I'll go to small, local stores today or tomorrow (Small Business Saturday), but I'll definitely avoid big stores and malls like the plague today. I've also found that many good deals can be had on various days prior to Christmas, if you watch the online ads closely. That helps to save my sanity each year.
Online. I'm on Amazon and getting some fantastic deals.

My parents need to go to Home Depot later thanks to our garage door opener breaking

StarWarsGirl

This was posted on the Facebook page of a local news station up here.

10431553_10152611298263477_302865360709686958_n.jpg

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
I've posted this before (and, I'm not the only one), but, non-vegetarians/vegans, beware the strip steak. Unless things have changed, I've had better $10 steaks at our local Applebee's. DS and myself had it, and it was the same for both of us.
However, those who had the ratatouille, salmon, and shrimp & scallops really enjoyed their dishes. :)

Unfortunately I had the same experience with the strip steak last December. Ordered it medium. It was tough and gristly. Would go back for lunch, won't go back for dinner....

StarWarsGirl

I've posted this before (and, I'm not the only one), but, non-vegetarians/vegans, beware the strip steak. Unless things have changed, I've had better $10 steaks at our local Applebee's. DS and myself had it, and it was the same for both of us.
However, those who had the ratatouille, salmon, and shrimp & scallops really enjoyed their dishes. :)
The slow-cooked pork is by far the best thing on the menu.

I have a rule about steaks: if there are other kinds of dishes and then one strip steak on the menu, order something else.

BOG is, IMO, by FAR the best TS in MK. I've never done lunch there. Lunch menu does not appeal to me.

StarWarsGirl

I'm waiting to get a deal on Amazon on movies. At a certain point, they have them on sale for a limited time at significantly reduced prices. I'm just waiting to hit it.

I love Black Friday online. I'm having so much fun doing this from the comfort of my couch

MOXOMUMD

@MOXOMUMD How did the deep fried turkey go? Or how was the ham?
The day was horrible. The ex showed up extremely late (and had already drank half a bottle of Crown Royal) then decided he was grilling the 16 lb turkey. He forgot to tell me to start making the other fixins before the turkey was done (because he finished the bottle of CR) so at 9 pm we had the turkey, a can of green beans and microwaved potatoes. Never again.

StarWarsGirl

The day was horrible. The ex showed up extremely late (and had already drank half a bottle of Crown Royal) then decided he was grilling the 16 lb turkey. He forgot to tell me to start making the other fixins before the turkey was done (because he finished the bottle of CR) so at 9 pm we had the turkey, a can of green beans and microwaved potatoes. Never again.
I think I'm starting to see why he's your ex...

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
The slow-cooked pork is by far the best thing on the menu.

I have a rule about steaks: if there are other kinds of dishes and then one strip steak on the menu, order something else.

BOG is, IMO, by FAR the best TS in MK. I've never done lunch there. Lunch menu does not appeal to me.
The lunch menu also offers the same slow cooked pork.
All three of us had it for lunch earlier this month. I posted this pic:
image.jpg
It was very good.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Sympathy like.
Sorry that your day did not work out.

Next up - Christmas dinner.
Ban the ex, nail it, and banish all memories of a mediocre Thanksgiving meal.

StarWarsGirl

The lunch menu also offers the same slow cooked pork.
All three of us had it for lunch earlier this month. I posted this pic:
View attachment 75279
It was very good.
But see, to me, that is dinner food.

Lunch is a sandwich or a burger or something. Dinner is a steak, chicken or pork with veggies, although some foods can cross over from being lunch foods to dinner foods and vice versa, but slow-cooked pork is not one of them. Yes I am weird.

I also like their potato gratin, and that's not on the lunch menu. We also get the mussels, which are not on the lunch menu. I've never bothered trying them for lunch. Just easier to go elsewhere rather than trying it and worrying about whether or not you'll get in and get your food in a reasonable amount of time (or if they're doing that return time thing). The other thing is that there's nothing on that menu that my brother will eat, unless we just let him eat french fries. At dinner, he'll eat the steak.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom