The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sequel to Mary Poppins o_O

That's a tough one. Part of me wants to preserve one of the most wonderful movies of all time, and just leave it be. Another part of me wants to enjoy a new Mary Poppins sequel. Would Julie Andrews play Mary Poppins in the sequel, and would D. Van D - - e also be in the new movie?

Regardless, I have hesitation, in that very few sequels are equal to, or better than, the original. Usually it's the opposite . . . :cautious:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I can't believe you never bought real Vermont maple syrup??!!! :jawdrop: Good thing you left the state, because no self-respecting Vermonter would snub real syrup! Heck, the next thing you'll tell us is that you did buy maple syrup, but from New Hampshire or Maine! ;) (By the way, they also have some delicious syrup as well.)

Wisconsin has some good maple syrup too! We have a friend that makes some and gives us a quart of it every year. It is amazing how much sap is needed to boil down to the syrup. One year there wasn't a lot of sap running so we only got a pint that year. It was still delicious.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Raises hand -- cheese snob here and proud of it! :cool: I love cheese!!! (Most of the cheeses I prefer tend to be on the milder side. I love both domestic and imported.) :hungry:

But even I won't go near bleu cheese or anything that stinks!!

I agree with the blue cheese, yuck! However, an Italian restaurant near us has a gorgonzola pasta dish that is to die for and gorgonzola is a type of blue cheese.

Cesar R M

@MR FERRET , I read the other day that Princess Kate is expecting their third child. Britain must be all abuzz about that, and probably already taking bets on the gender and name! :joyfull: I also saw a picture of her with her new bangs. Do you like the new bangs style on her? I kinda like it, but think I prefer the previous hairstyle a little bit more.
Boy.. they sure are busy to have as many little princesses as they can!

Cesar R M

The Petty Driving Experience....imagine if Disney could build faster than the they demolish. Granted it's just concrete and a fence but still....

COyQfFeVEAA3C1Q.jpg
I actually wonder what will be built in that plot of land. A new hotel? new parking structures?

Cesar R M

nice!

Speaking of things.. sorry for not posting that much lately.
2 days ago it was the anniversary of my dad's and my grandmah's passing (yes,they died on the same day different years..almost at the same hour)

So we went to Outback.
We had the WORST service ever..
its like their system was disappearing our orders.
our drinks only were served partially, we complained.. fixed.
then our salads were not completed either.. (I was the main victim lol) so complained again, took a bit.. and we got our salads.
then my niece ordered a dish.. and until they were serving the rest of us.. they told her that they had ran out (what the hell)
then I noticed my steak was almost red.. I ordered it well done (huge difference).. complained.. got it correctly.
They gave us a free giant dessert for free.

Taste wise.. it was really good, above the normal id say.. but maaan.. awful service.

also, doesnt help that I have been extra busy, crazy at my 2 jobs.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Many supermarket deli counters will carry Land of Lakes American cheese in both the yellow and lighter color versions. Try some of those sliced--plenty of density--real American Cheese! (There are other brands better than Land of Lakes, but I mentioned L of L because I think that's a common, nationwide brand.) Hey, anything is better than slime cheese food slices!!

EDIT, 8:52 PM -- Strike that!! @Gabe1 just pointed out that even Land of Lakes is pawning off Cheese "product" ??!!!!! Good grief!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Sorry

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We will have to plan better in the future, as I see this happening in my future for many years.
Bang bang shrimp from Bonefish, and the chicken tenders from Village Tavern. The dipping sauce is yum-o! Split 3 ways.
It was blasted hot. Mondays parade, I had to compliment the parents that were working on keeping the marching band upright, and hydrated. Not one person down.

By the end of the week, it was cold. Go figure!
I went to a party at the village tavern years ago. There food was great. Interesting building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom